Girl's name- Please help!!

Hello ladies,

So we’re expecting baby #2 in a few months and we’be narrowed it down to 2 names.

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Jenna[/name_f]

Last name is [name_m]Jamil[/name_m] (not that I would select a first name based on the last name).

Thanks in advance!

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is cute, but very popular. You could try [name_f]Amelie[/name_f].

[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Melanie[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]! [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] seems to go well together if you wanted to use both names.

I like both names and I don’t think you can go wrong either way. [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is very popular though, so if you care about popularity it might not be the best choice. [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] is a good choice if you want a name that people are familiar with but isn’t heard as often.

Two good choices. I have a soft spot for [name_f]Jenna[/name_f]. Not as popular as [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], and it’s got some understated oomph!

And though you said you won’t necessarily choose a name based on your last name, [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_m]Jamil[/name_m] is quite repetitive. [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] [name_m]Jamil[/name_m], while alliterative, sounds less “[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Bedelia[/name_f]” to my ear.

I agree with the poster above, [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] doesn’t sound as nice with your last name. [name_f]Jenna[/name_f] is a nice name and also much less common.

If [name_m]Jamil[/name_m] is pronounced the way I’m saying it (ja-MEEL) I agree with the previous posters- [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_m]Jamil[/name_m] is a bit too rhymey.