Girls name to honor my dad

His name is [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] [name_m]Steven[/name_m]. I want to find a girls name to honor him. I have a sister names [name_u]Stevie[/name_u] already so I’m sure I don’t want to go with that. I have been toying with [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] nn [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] but I’m not sure of a middle name. I’m honestly not sure if I like it enough. What are your ideas?

I think [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] is pretty, but if you’re not sure of it then I wouldn’t go with it. Other names that could honour [name_u]Teddy[/name_u] could maybe be:

Thea or [name_f]Theia[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodosia[/name_f]
[name_f]Anthea[/name_f] nn [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]

I personally prefer [name_f]Theodosia[/name_f] over [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], but both are pretty and would be great names to honour [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]. What about [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] to honour [name_m]Steven[/name_m]?

I think [name_m]Teddie[/name_m]/Teddi is so sweet for a girl.

I think [name_f]Thea[/name_f] would be a lovely way to honor your dad. For a middle name, I saw someone suggested [name_f]Stephanie[/name_f]. In addition, what about [name_u]Stevie[/name_u], [name_f]Evie[/name_f], or [name_f]Eve[/name_f]?

I love [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]!

Some middle ideas are
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]

I recently met a little girl named [name_m]Tenney[/name_m]. Her sisters were [name_u]Tay[/name_u], [name_f]Thea[/name_f], and I can’t remember the other one but it was also a T lol.

Welcome to the Nameberry community!

I love [name_f]Thea[/name_f] and if you prefer something longer, [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] is lovely as well. I’m not sure what style of names you like so if you would like to share some that you like, it would be helpful in making suggestions.

Theodora [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_u]Seren[/name_u]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]

Hello and welcome!

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]/Teddy feminizations could include:

• [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Teresa[/name_f] / [name_f]Theresa[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]

Similar names:

• [name_u]Terry[/name_u] / [name_f]Terri[/name_f]
  • [name_m]Eddie[/name_m]

Theodora…

• Renee
  • Hope
  • Serenity
  • Sinclaire
  • Clarity
  • Remembrance
  • Honor
  • Truth
  • Willow

I love the name [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]. I think it sounds best with a short and feminine middle name.

• Theodora [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
  • Theodora [name_u]Anne[/name_u]
  • Theodora [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
  • Theodora [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
  • Theodora [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
  • Theodora [name_f]Kate[/name_f]

If you want your daughter to have the same initials, I’m (a bit surprisingly) into [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Serenity[/name_f].

1 Like

Stella and [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] haven’t been mentioned yet!

What was is favorite color/book/character/writer/movie/singer/artist/city/country/food/dancer?
When was your father born? What was is favorite time of the day and season? ([name_u]Midnight[/name_u]? [name_u]Winter[/name_u]? [name_u]June[/name_u]? [name_f]May[/name_f]? [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]?)
Did he had a favorite animal/plant/flower?
What about his surname?
Did he had an hobby or special interest about something?
Did he had a nickname or pet name?
Have you searched names with the same meaning (example: [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]/Dorothea) or sound (example: [name_f]Edie[/name_f]/Eden)?

1 Like