Girls name - too southern?

My husband and I are expecting our first baby, a girl, in [name_u]December[/name_u].
I love the name [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], but he does not; claims it sounds way too southern. (I should mention that we are a mixed couple, so obviously things like [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] and [name_f]Mamie[/name_f], etc., are not acceptable either).
I like it for its Victorian and formal sound, and for all of the cute nicknames that are possible ([name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], etc)
Are there any names that give me that vintage and more formal feeling that also can be cute and allow her to “grow” into her name?

I dislike [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] a lot because I think “evangelical” when I hear the name. I don’t think “southern” per se when I hear it, but I wouldn’t use it.

[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] is a nice alternative that sounds similar and has cute nicknames.

Other ideas:

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]
Wilhelimina
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]

Hmm…
I love [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] it’s an elegant name, yes she does have a slight ‘southern belle’ vibe. But I love southern belle names so for me that’s all part of her appeal. But if he feels it’s too southern there are some great substitutes for [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f].

Names that have a similar style to [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]…
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Gwen[/name_f], [name_f]Neve[/name_f], [name_f]Ginny[/name_f]’
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Belle[/name_f]’
[name_f]Samantha[/name_f] ‘[name_u]Sam[/name_u], [name_u]Sammie[/name_u]’
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_u]Laney[/name_u], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_u]Nelly[/name_u]’
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_u]Laney[/name_u], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_u]Nelly[/name_u]’
[name_f]Rebekah[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Becka[/name_f], [name_u]Rue[/name_u], [name_f]Becky[/name_f]’
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Gen[/name_f], [name_f]Ginny[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f]’
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Cathy[/name_f], [name_f]Katie[/name_f], [name_f]Kate[/name_f], [name_f]Kat[/name_f]’
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Lizzie[/name_f], [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Beth[/name_f], [name_f]Liz[/name_f], [name_f]Betsy[/name_f], [name_f]Betty[/name_f]’
[name_f]Mariana[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Maria[/name_f], [name_f]Marie[/name_f], [name_f]Mari[/name_f], [name_f]Ana[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f]’
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Mina[/name_f]’
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Rosie[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Rosa[/name_f], [name_u]Rue[/name_u], [name_f]Lindy[/name_f]’
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Delphi[/name_f]’
[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Tori[/name_f], [name_f]Toya[/name_f], [name_f]Ria[/name_f], [name_f]Vicky[/name_f], [name_m]Tors[/name_m]’
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] ‘[name_u]Josie[/name_u], [name_f]Posey[/name_f], [name_u]Jo[/name_u]’
[name_f]Arabella[/name_f] ‘[name_u]Ara[/name_u], [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_f]Bella[/name_f]’

: )