GIRLS NAMES! due soon which is the best?

My list though im sorry to say its not short :confused:

* [name]Emery[/name]      
* [name]Josie[/name]      
* [name]Hurley[/name] (middle name?)          
* [name]Maxi[/name]      
* [name]Annika[/name] (nn. [name]Anya[/name])      
* [name]Eliana[/name]     
* Shayliegh           
* [name]Ember[/name]      
* [name]Bliss[/name]      
* [name]Asher[/name]      
* [name]Ashlynne[/name]  (nn. [name]Ash[/name])     
* [name]Shiloh[/name]      

im having twins. boy and girlā€¦ so i have two names to decideā€¦

the boyā€™s going to be [name]Parker[/name] [name]Raine[/name] and the siblings are
[name]Ryen[/name] [name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name] [name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Bekkah[/name] [name]Harbor[/name]
[name]Kye[/name] [name]Mason[/name]
Aerinn [name]Isla[/name]-[name]Bay[/name]
[name]Phoenix[/name] [name]Braiden[/name]
and [name]Alayna[/name] [name]Rae[/name]ā€¦

[name]Shaylee[/name] is one of my favorites, itā€™s so pretty and gentle. Iā€™d definitely go with that oneā€¦although [name]Ember[/name] is a close second.

[name]Emery[/name]: I think this is a nice nameā€¦

[name]Josie[/name]: I love it as a nickname for [name]Josephine[/name], but I canā€™t see [name]Josie[/name] on its own aging wellā€¦

[name]Hurley[/name]: I think of [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Hurley[/name] and the word ā€œHurl,ā€ which is slang for ā€œto vomit.ā€

[name]Maxi[/name]: I think itā€™s a very sweet nickname for [name]Maxine[/name] or Maximilienne, and I really like [name]Max[/name], [name]Maxfield[/name], and [name]Maxwell[/name] for a boy. With [name]Maxi[/name], though, I worry about maxi pad jokes.

[name]Annika[/name] (nn. [name]Anya[/name]): I think this is beautiful!

[name]Elianna[/name] (nn. [name]Annie[/name]): I love [name]Eliana[/name] (el-ee-ON-uh), but the extra N changes the name and pronunciation for me. I do think itā€™s pretty, thoughā€¦

[name]Shaylee[/name]: [name]Shaylee[/name] feels very trendy/yooneek to me, and is part of the -aley meganame trend ([name]Baylee[/name]/[name]Bailey[/name]/[name]Caylee[/name]/[name]Hailey[/name]/[name]Haylee[/name]/Jaylie/Zaylee, etc.)
You may also like [name]Shea[/name].

[name]Nevaeh[/name]: You may want to read this thread on which [name]Nevaeh[/name] is prominently featured:Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums

[name]Nevaeh[/name] is seen in a very negative light by most Nameberry posters. I also Googled it, and saw that the opinions about [name]Nevaeh[/name] on Nameberry are also held by the majority of people on other sites, too.

[name]Ember[/name]: I think this is interestingā€¦

[name]Bliss[/name]: It feels too sweet to meā€¦ You may also like [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Bryn[/name], or [name]Blair[/name]. [name]Carys[/name] comes to mind, tooā€¦

[name]Asher[/name]: I think this is a great name, but itā€™s all boy to me.

[name]Ashlynne[/name] (nn. [name]Ash[/name]): This feels trendy to meā€¦ You may also like [name]Ashby[/name], which I could see paired with [name]Emery[/name].

[name]Shiloh[/name]: Itā€™s 100% Brangelina to me, and I think of the battleground. You may also like [name]Marlo[/name]ā€¦

[name]Annika[/name] is my favorite name on your list, and from your unisex options, I love [name]Emery[/name]. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I will give you my honest opinions on these:

• [name]Emery[/name] - not bad and I see a potential [name]Emma[/name] nn
  • [name]Josie[/name] - I like this a lot, very spunky
  • [name]Hurley[/name] - I think [name]Liz[/name] [name]Hurley[/name] which isnā€™t a bad association but I much prefer [name]Harlow[/name] if youā€™re going for a surname of someone famous
  • [name]Maxi[/name] - [name]Maxi[/name] pad! Not a good name when youā€™re 12 or soā€¦what about [name]Maxine[/name] with the nn [name]Max[/name]?
  • [name]Annika[/name] (nn. [name]Anya[/name]) - very cute full name but I prefer the nn [name]Nik[/name] or [name]Nika[/name] to [name]Anya[/name]/[name]Annie[/name]
  • [name]Elianna[/name] (nn. [name]Annie[/name]) - Iā€™m not liking all those vowels
  • [name]Shaylee[/name] - I prefer [name]Hayley[/name]
  • [name]Nevaeh[/name] - [name]Heaven[/name] backwardsā€¦seems like a name a 15 yo might dream of for themselves but maybe not so much when theyā€™ve grown up.
  • [name]Ember[/name] - This is nice, it reminds me of a girl I knew whoā€™s name is Cinderā€¦same sort of thing.
  • [name]Bliss[/name] - see [name]Nevaeh[/name]
  • [name]Asher[/name] - I think of this as a masculin sounding name
  • [name]Ashlynne[/name] (nn. [name]Ash[/name]) - what about [name]Aspen[/name]?
  • [name]Shiloh[/name] - pretty name if youā€™re not bothered by the [name]Jolie[/name]-[name]Pitt[/name] connection

My faves are [name]Josie[/name] and [name]Annika[/name] which are 2 very different names. Knowing what mn youā€™re going with and your last name may sway me one way or the other.

My favorites are [name]Annika[/name] and [name]Elianna[/name].

Good luck!

I agree that thereā€™s a bit of a fad danger going on with some of the names on your list. I think that [name]Annika[/name] is a beautiful name though, and I like [name]Eliana[/name] ([name]Elianna[/name] with the [name]ANNA[/name] pronunciation sounds awkward to me). Best of luck with your twins!

I love [name]Josie[/name]

thanks for the help!!! i think i will go with [name]Annika[/name]. it seems to be the favorite.

i understand the whole [name]Bliss[/name] and [name]Nevaeh[/name] troubleā€¦ i pronounce [name]Elianna[/name] as [name]Ell[/name]-ee-AUH-nuh. im not sure if thats wrong or notā€¦ and [name]Shiloh[/name] was a fave before brad and angie stole it.

Yay! I guess I came to late to give my opinion on all of your names, but I definitely like [name]Annika[/name] the best. :slight_smile: Good luck!

[name]Eliana[/name] and [name]Annika[/name] are very pretty, and [name]Emery[/name] is growing on me. [name]Bliss[/name] is also very cute, it matches with your other names. [name]Josie[/name] and [name]Maxi[/name] are nice as nicknames, but I prefer [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Maxine[/name]. [name]Maxi[/name] might attract the nickname [name]Maxi[/name]-Padā€¦Iā€™ve heard a little BOY being called that, his name was [name]Maxwell[/name] nn [name]Max[/name]. So, I donā€™t recommend [name]Maxi[/name]. [name]Hurley[/name] is not at all attractive, Iā€™ll admit. All I see the the HURL part.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Annika[/name]! I think that [name]Eliana[/name] is beautiful, too. I know several girls named [name]Eliana[/name], and itā€™s el-ee-ON-uh. With the -anna ending, I pronounce the name ā€œel-ee-[name]ANN[/name]-uh,ā€ with the ā€œ[name]Ann[/name]ā€ sounding like the name [name]Anne[/name]/[name]Anna[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Josie[/name] is my favorite. best of luck!

I like:

[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Josie[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
Shayliegh (prefer [name]Shaylee[/name])
[name]Ember[/name]
[name]Ashlynne[/name] (nn. [name]Ash[/name]) (prefer [name]Ashlyn[/name])

p.s. - I like a lot of the names you have picked for your children - you must have a similar naming style to me. :slight_smile:

I figured since I like a lot of your names that maybe youā€™ll like some of mine. Iā€™ll give you a list of what I like.

[name]Caitlyn[/name]
[name]Cailyn[/name]
[name]Leighton[/name]
[name]Taryn[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Cadence[/name]
[name]Julianna[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Nayeli[/name]
[name]Aveline[/name]
[name]McKenna[/name]
[name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Sariah[/name] (Suh-rye-uh)

But I really like [name]Eliana[/name], too. I had it on my list briefly until I realized how close it is to my daughterā€™s name - [name]Alanna[/name].

I like the first name to be [name]Emery[/name] (so unique and pretty sounding) and middle name [name]Bliss[/name] (I like cool words as middle names)

[name]Do[/name] not give the name [name]Hurley[/name] because thats a sports clothing brand. If every give a middle name thats a clothing brand, itā€™s more pretty with a brand name like [name]Chanel[/name] or something hahhaa

[name]Don[/name]'t give the name [name]Maxi[/name], forever they will be teased with [name]Maxi[/name] pads.

• [name]Emery[/name] ā€“ I like this one well enough out of your list. Take note that, like [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Emily[/name] before it, this [name]Em[/name] name may boost to extreme popularity. Another alternative is [name]Emerson[/name], nn [name]Emery[/name], and some more ā€œ[name]Emma[/name]/[name]Emily[/name]ā€ names include [name]Millie[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Gemma[/name].
  • [name]Josie[/name] ā€“ Pretty, but I prefer to see [name]Josephine[/name]/[name]Josefina[/name] on the birth certificate. Another cute nn for that is [name]Posey[/name].
  • [name]Hurley[/name] (middle name?) ā€“ It sounds like a mix between a [name]Harley[/name] motorcycle and hurling up your lunch. Please donā€™t inflict a poor child with this name.
  • [name]Maxi[/name] ā€“ just as [name]Maxi[/name], Iā€™m thinking [name]Maxi[/name]-Pad. Elongate it to [name]Maxime[/name]/[name]Maxima[/name], Maxia, [name]Maxine[/name], orā€“if youā€™re feeling brave-- the gorgeous Maximilienne/Maximiliana duo, using [name]Maxie[/name] (I think this spelling looks better) as a nn. Similar style would be Wilhemine (or the more modern [name]Willa[/name]).
  • [name]Annika[/name] (nn. [name]Anya[/name]) ā€“ Although not my favorite, this is a decent one. I like the nn [name]Annie[/name], as of late, which sounds less harsh. [name]Anya[/name] is cool; I best like the spelling [name]Anja[/name], because for some reason it seems more authentic to me, even though itā€™s probably not. This name brings to mind [name]Minerva[/name].
  • [name]Eliana[/name] ā€“ a flowy name, it is climbing the charts like thereā€™s no tomorrow. It has that similar trendy [name]Ariana[/name]-[name]Kianna[/name]-[name]Briana[/name] feel, which Iā€™m not the biggest fan of. Iā€™d go maybe [name]Elia[/name] (an improvement, it my opinion), [name]Bryony[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name]/[name]Ellinor[/name]/[name]Leonora[/name].
  • Shayliegh ā€“ ā€¦And I thought I was cringing at [name]Hurley[/name]. This just seems like a [name]Hailey[/name]-[name]Bailey[/name] take-off, but severely misspelled. You have much better names on this list.
  • [name]Ember[/name] ā€“ [name]Amber[/name] with one letter switched. Youā€™d be better off with another [name]Em[/name] name.
  • [name]Bliss[/name] ā€“ of all the word names, this is not a favorite. I do, however, like [name]Fable[/name], [name]Story[/name], most of the months, some of the week days ([name]Sunday[/name], [name]Monday[/name] [name]Wednesday[/name], Thursday), occupational word names ([name]Gardener[/name], [name]Miller[/name], and the like), and so on. [name]Felicity[/name] means happiness, so it might be a bit what youā€™re going for.
  • [name]Asher[/name] ā€“ I wouldnā€™t use for a girl (well, and probably not a guy, either). [name]Aisling[/name] (ash-[name]LIN[/name]), Ashwood, and [name]Ashira[/name] are acceptable [name]Ash[/name] names. Forget the rest.
  • [name]Ashlynne[/name] (nn. [name]Ash[/name]) ā€“ ditto
  • [name]Shiloh[/name] ā€“ since this is an iconic Brangelina name, I wouldnā€™t use it. Try [name]Lilo[/name], [name]Aniko[/name] (kind of a [name]Shiloh[/name] + [name]Annika[/name]), [name]Cameo[/name] (aha! A word name), [name]Caro[/name] (nn for [name]Caroline[/name]), [name]Clio[/name], [name]Coco[/name] (nn for any name beginning with Co-), [name]Consuelo[/name], [name]Delano[/name] (nn [name]Della[/name]?), [name]Doro[/name] (for [name]Dorothea[/name]), [name]Echo[/name] (another word nameā€“I adore this poetic-sounding name), [name]Hero[/name] (a word name AGAIN! This is an absolute favorite of mine), [name]Flo[/name] (nn for [name]Flora[/name], [name]Florence[/name]), [name]Jericho[/name] (if youā€™re [name]Christian[/name], religious signifigance + place name), [name]Keiko[/name], [name]Margot[/name], [name]Marlowe[/name], Ohio, Ohnicio (if youā€™re Irish), [name]Rio[/name], [name]Rocio[/name], [name]Rosario[/name], [name]Zo[/name].

My first thoughts :

[name]Emery[/name] - board. I feel this one is too trendy.
[name]Josie[/name] - as a nn for [name]Josephine[/name], I like this one, but I donā€™t think it stands alone well.
[name]Hurley[/name] - I misread this as [name]Harley[/name]. All I see is ā€˜hurlā€™, Iā€™m afraid.
[name]Maxi[/name] - as a nn for [name]Maxine[/name], this is really sweet, but it feels a little insubstantial on its own.
[name]Annika[/name] nn [name]Anya[/name] - I really like [name]Annika[/name], and adore [name]Anya[/name].
[name]Eliana[/name] - pretty and feminine, although [name]Ellie[/name] names are very popular at the moment.
Shayliegh - this is much too trendy, in my opinion.
[name]Ember[/name] - fire. I prefer [name]Amber[/name], especially with the ultra-popularity of [name]Emma[/name] at the moment.
[name]Bliss[/name] - this one is too unsubtle as a word name, in my opinion. [name]How[/name] about [name]Blythe[/name]?
[name]Asher[/name] - I donā€™t think it would be wise to give your daughter a name still in regular use as a boysā€™ name. She will get irritated every time a teacher assumes that she is a boy in advance.
[name]Ashlynne[/name] nn [name]Ash[/name] - this one is much too trendy, in my opinion.
[name]Shiloh[/name] - unfortunately, this one is all Brangeline, now.

So my favourites are [name]Annika[/name] nn [name]Anya[/name] and [name]Eliana[/name], by far. I also like [name]Maxine[/name] nn [name]Maxi[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] nn [name]Josie[/name]. I think [name]Annika[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] and [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] are both gorgeous :slight_smile:

[name]Eliana[/name]

I really like some of your names, some of them were on my own list.

With a twin brother [name]Parker[/name] [name]Raine[/name] (you didnā€™t ask, but the extra ā€˜eā€™ on the end makes the unisex [name]Rain[/name] seem feminine to me- have you considered just [name]Parker[/name] [name]Rain[/name]?) I think you need a more feminine name for your girl baby.

So, although I love [name]Shiloh[/name] (and I can get over Bradgelina :P), I wouldnā€™t use it, b/c it is unisex to me. Also, [name]Asher[/name] is all boy to me. [name]Ashton[/name]/lynn falls into the unisex category for me, too.

I love [name]Ember[/name]. I considered it for my daughter. Decided against it b/c everyone thought we were saying ā€˜[name]Amber[/name]ā€™, plus didnā€™t want her to be shortened to [name]Em[/name]/[name]Emma[/name]/[name]Emi[/name]

I actually really like [name]Bliss[/name], although agree maybe [name]Blythe[/name] is a more subtle option you might like?

I agree with others that I would NOT do [name]Hurley[/name] or [name]Maxi[/name] b/c of the references.

I personally donā€™t like [name]Annika[/name], just nms, but I know a lot of people do and you said you may go with it? I might worry it is kind of close to sis [name]Alayna[/name], but not super close if you really like it.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Annika[/name] [name]Bliss[/name]?

Iā€™m curious as well, you seem to have a water theme with some of your other kiddos mnsā€¦ will this baby have a water mn?