Girls names- opinions please!

We have finally started to narrow down our list and have a couple pairs of names that are really similar and aren’t sure how to decide between the two. MN will be [name]Elizabeth[/name] as it’s a family name, and last name is [name]Tully[/name]:

[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Ella[/name] (First name would be [name]Elizabeth[/name] in this case, [name]Ella[/name] as NN)
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Norah[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]

My husband really likes [name]Audrey[/name], but I’m sort of caught up on the first and last names both ending in -y, I had wanted to avoid that, although so many nn end up with the -y or -ie ending I suppose. Any thoughts are appreciated- thanks!

Unfortunately, I agree with you that last name [name]Tully[/name] doesn’t sound well with [name]Audrey[/name]. [name]Audrey[/name] is a very beautiful name, but I’m afraid I would recommend dropping this one. Also, [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] both run into [name]Tully[/name] since they end with a t sound, so I would probably eliminate these as well. I think my favorite from your list with your last name is [name]Elizabeth[/name] nn [name]Ella[/name], which is quite lovely.

Agree with last post [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] although being lovely names don’t work particularly well with your last name. Also think that this is true with [name]Stella[/name] being to heavy on the ‘t’ and '‘l’ sounds. However think that [name]Norah[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] sounds gorgeous but my favourite would be to use [name]Elizabeth[/name] as the first name with the nn [name]Ella[/name]. [name]May[/name] be biased as this is my neices name but it is so elegant and can really grow from child to adult.

[name]Norah[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Tully[/name] works best.

I agree with everyone above that names ending in /t/ run into [name]Tully[/name]. I don’t terribly mind [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Tully[/name], both my first name and my (married) last name end with the /i/, and I think it sounds cute. But I do think the best choices for you are [name]Ella[/name] or [name]Norah[/name], which are both lovely names.

[name]Hi[/name]!

I love [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Tully[/name]! At first, I was sad that it was a middle name only, but then I saw [name]Elizabeth[/name] “[name]Ella[/name]” as a first name option. Though I prefer [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Tully[/name] in full, I think you should definitely go with [name]Elizabeth[/name] “[name]Ella[/name]” [name]Tully[/name] - it avoids all of the problems your other options seem to have.

For some reason, I think a middle name ending in the O sound would be lovely with [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Tully[/name]. I might suggest these for your perusal:

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Margo[/name] [name]Tully[/name]*

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Echo[/name] [name]Tully[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Tully[/name]*
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Sparrow[/name] [name]Tully[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Willow[/name] [name]Tully[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile: