Girls names to go with Vale, Flynn and Darby?

[name]Hi[/name],

Not coming up with many good ideas atm but getting lots of comments about how much people like my boys names (thanks for that!). So, over to you! What would you name a sister to [name]Vale[/name], [name]Flynn[/name] and [name]Darby[/name]?

Many thanks, [name]Jessie[/name] x

There are a lot of directions you could take this!

Nature and word names are appealing, as are endings other than -l, -n, and ee etc. Also a traditional ending like -a might be kind of odd in this set, though I think you could do it, especially with a word/nature name, more unusual name, or a shorter name.

I thought quite a few of the ideas you’d posted earlier would work well enough - were you just not sold on them or did people sway you a lot? Fine to be swayed up to a point but also just stand your ground (including against me : D) if you love something!

[name]Adair[/name]
Adler
[name]Azure[/name]
[name]Briar[/name]
[name]Cameo[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Clio[/name]
[name]Enid[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Freya[/name] (writing from a US perspective, forget if that is correct for you or not)
[name]India[/name]
[name]Indigo[/name]
[name]Iona[/name]
[name]Isis[/name]
[name]Jewel[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Liv[/name]
[name]Lux[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Nova[/name]
[name]Oona[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Orla[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Perla[/name]
[name]Persis[/name]
[name]Reina[/name]
[name]Skye[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Tullia[/name]
[name]Twyla[/name]

Anything here seem at least like a starting point? Something you like or at least dislike less than the others? Something you hate the most?

I think something like [name]Luna[/name] or [name]Iris[/name] would be so perfect.

Thanks jesba! Have been letting my mind run a little too freely recently! I do like all of the names on that list but I’m usually unmovable on “the name”. I was swayed a lot so that usually means not the right name! Of your list I like: [name]Azure[/name], [name]Briar[/name] (but I prefer this for a boy), [name]Isis[/name], [name]Opal[/name] and [name]Orla[/name] and don’t like [name]Adair[/name], Adler, [name]Cameo[/name], [name]Iona[/name], [name]Lux[/name], [name]Oona[/name], [name]Persis[/name], [name]Tullia[/name] and [name]Twyla[/name]. The others are ok! Thankyou so much!

[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Lennox[/name]
[name]Colleen[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Moira[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Shauna[/name]
[name]Kathleen[/name]
[name]Sloane[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Maureen[/name]
[name]Sheila[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Eileen[/name]
[name]Finola[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Mona[/name]
[name]Noreen[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]

You are very welcome : D! Yes I can see [name]Briar[/name] working on a boy too. [name]Just[/name] posted on your boys’ thread but consider it mentally added.

So [name]Azure[/name], [name]Isis[/name], [name]Opal[/name], and [name]Orla[/name] are the direction to go for recommendations (and avoiding the directions of the negatives…)…I will be back if anything else comes to mind!

More names based on this update:
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Jade[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Minerva[/name]
[name]Lotus[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Lyla[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Fleur[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Beryl[/name]
[name]Faye[/name]
[name]Autumn[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name]

Thanks [name]Diana[/name]. I sort of like [name]Ruby[/name] but it’s a bit too used around here - I know 6 under 2yrs old! The others aren’t quite right but thankyou for the ideas!

[name]Azure[/name], [name]Isis[/name], [name]Opal[/name], [name]Orla[/name], (and sort of [name]Briar[/name]) together with brothers [name]Vale[/name], [name]Flynn[/name], and [name]Darby[/name] have inspired…

[name]Aura[/name]
[name]Caia[/name]
[name]Gala[/name]
[name]Greer[/name]/[name]Grier[/name]
[name]Leda[/name]
[name]Muriel[/name] (just thought of [name]Myrtle[/name] and [name]Merle[/name] on your old thread and wonder if this would be received better - I like it more)
[name]Neve[/name]
[name]Nia[/name]
[name]Neila[/name]
[name]Sula[/name]
[name]Tatum[/name]

Ooo I like [name]Aura[/name] thats pretty. Problem with [name]Muriel[/name], although pretty, is that we don’t really do names that end up shortened/with nicknames. I still like [name]Merle[/name], [name]Myrtle[/name] (guilty pleasure of mine…) and [name]Maude[/name] better for this reason!

Gotchya! What would the [name]Muriel[/name] nn be, Muri I guess? I’ve never heard it used so it’s hard to imagine, but I do see it.

[name]Glad[/name] [name]Aura[/name] is an option : D.

I really did like [name]Maude[/name] for you!

I tend to find people like to shorten any name of 3+syllables! Usually just using the first one… I’m a prime example: people can’t cope with [name]Jessica[/name] so I’m [name]Jessie[/name] or [name]Jess[/name]! Hoping for a girl next time - I’m starting to feel a little outnumbered by the boys!

So we’ve got these so far (including the out-there ones that I probably won’t use!):
Sunset Ashdown
[name]Ember[/name] Ashdown
[name]Maude[/name] Ashdown
[name]Merle[/name] Ashdown
[name]Echo[/name] Ashdown
[name]Prue[/name] Ashdown
[name]Mavis[/name] Ashdown
[name]Topaz[/name] Ashdown
[name]Myrtle[/name] Ashdown
[name]Azure[/name] Ashdown (maybe a bit of a tongue twister?)
[name]Isis[/name] Ashdown (too much ss?)
[name]Opal[/name] Ashdown
[name]Orla[/name] Ashdown
[name]Aura[/name] Ashdown

I actually kind of like Sunset but I do think it maybe a bit much for a real person! [name]Ember[/name] and Ashdown together is too much ash for me. I like [name]Vale[/name], [name]Flynn[/name], [name]Darby[/name] and [name]Maude[/name] the best. I also love [name]Merle[/name], [name]Mavis[/name], [name]Myrtle[/name] (assuming you are in UK! US accent ruins this name…) and [name]Opal[/name]! [name]Azure[/name] is an interesting one, maybe a little difficult to say though.

Still really like [name]Maude[/name] and [name]Mavis[/name] and [name]Prue[/name] for you. I agree with PP that [name]Myrtle[/name] and [name]Merle[/name] both sound much better in a British accent, but I still don’t think they’re as goo dof fits as the others.

[name]Isis[/name] Ashdown isn’t too much ss for me.

[name]Azure[/name] Ashdown is a bit twisty though isn’t it? the Zh and Sh in rapid succession. If you say the z just as a z it’s fine.

[name]Opal[/name], [name]Orla[/name], and [name]Aura[/name] I really like for you : D. More than [name]Maude[/name], [name]Mavis[/name], and [name]Prue[/name] FWIW. But I might be biased.

Still not really feeling Sunset, [name]Ember[/name], or [name]Echo[/name] on a real baby. [name]Do[/name] like the ideas of them.

PP makes a good point about [name]Ember[/name] with your last name.

Saying it with the boys names, I think [name]Opal[/name] is really fitting…

Still really like [name]Maude[/name] and [name]Mavis[/name] and [name]Prue[/name] for you. I agree with PP that [name]Myrtle[/name] and [name]Merle[/name] both sound much better in a British accent, but I still don’t think they’re as good of fits as the others.

[name]Isis[/name] Ashdown isn’t too much ss for me.

[name]Azure[/name] Ashdown is a bit twisty though isn’t it? the Zh and Sh in rapid succession. If you say the z just as a z it’s fine.

[name]Opal[/name], [name]Orla[/name], and [name]Aura[/name] I really like for you : D. More than [name]Maude[/name], [name]Mavis[/name], and [name]Prue[/name] FWIW. But I might be biased.

Still not really feeling Sunset, [name]Ember[/name], or [name]Echo[/name] on a real baby. [name]Do[/name] like the ideas of them.

PP makes a good point about [name]Ember[/name] with your last name.

Saying it with the boys names, I think [name]Opal[/name] is really fitting…

Sorry for double post! [name]Edit[/name] of typo somehow turned into a second post!

I vote [name]Ember[/name]! I think its absolutely beautiful and goes well with your boy’s names :slight_smile:

Today I saw the name [name]Ozara[/name] and somehow thought of you and this thread…kind of like [name]Azure[/name], [name]Topaz[/name], [name]Opal[/name]. Not sure it’s right but thought I’d mention it.

[name]Cleo[/name] or [name]Clementine[/name]

With [name]Vale[/name], [name]Flynn[/name] and [name]Darby[/name], my favorites from your list are:

[name]Echo[/name] Ashdown
[name]Prue[/name] Ashdown (I would do [name]Prudence[/name] with nn [name]Prue[/name])
[name]Mavis[/name] Ashdown
[name]Topaz[/name] Ashdown
[name]Opal[/name] Ashdown