Girls names which mean star

Danica means morning star.
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u] and [name_f]Hesper[/name_f] mean evening star.
[name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] mean star. :blush:

I haven’t seen these suggested yet:
[name_f]Estrella[/name_f]
[name_f]Estela[/name_f]
Setareh
[name_f]Star[/name_f] / [name_f]Starla[/name_f]
Sitara

1 Like

Aster
[name_u]Dara[/name_u]
Esté
[name_f]Estella[/name_f]
[name_f]Etoile[/name_f]
[name_u]Nebula[/name_u]
[name_u]Nova[/name_u]
Realta
[name_u]Seren[/name_u]
[name_f]Star[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]

1 Like

Sterre
[name_f]Venus[/name_f]

my favorite name tied to stars is [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], from [name_f]Princess[/name_f] and the Frog :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Not really all star-meanings, but some are the names of constellations:

Andromeda
[name_f]Celestial[/name_f]
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Maristela[/name_f]/Maristella
[name_f]Stellamaris[/name_f]
[name_u]Nova[/name_u]
[name_f]Roxana[/name_f]
[name_f]Svetlana[/name_f]
[name_u]Vega[/name_u]
[name_m]Aries[/name_m]

1 Like

Really helpful thanks!

1 Like

Love that name

Seren is beautiful

How is [name_f]Danica[/name_f] pronounced?
[name_m]Dan[/name_m]-e-ca
Or
[name_m]Dan[/name_m]-i-ca
This isn’t actually for a child I should say. I was looking for names to help me write.

Dan-Ick-Uh

Most of the suggestions I can think of have already been mentioned, but another thought is [name_f]Asterope[/name_f]! The name itself means lightning but it’s the name of one of the Pleiades and is thus very tied to the stars.

2 Likes

Danica means morning star (it’s the Slavic version of [name_f]Daniella[/name_f] which is also pretty)

• Astra (Greek)
  • Astraea (Latinized Greek)
  • Bituin (Tagalong)
  • Csilla (Hungarian)
  • Dzvezda (Macedonian)
  • Estelle ([name_u]French[/name_u])
  • Estrella (Spanish)
  • Seren (Welsh)
2 Likes

The only ones I know of are [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f].

I knew a girl named [name_f]Starly[/name_f]. I always thought it was sweet.

1 Like

Stella is classic and gorgeous.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Danica[/name_f] sooo much.

1 Like

DA-ni-ka

1 Like

I posted this on a couple of other threads recently. You may find some other ideas there as well. Space names and Space/Celestial Names

A mix of boy and girl names, but a few can cross between the two.

CONSTELLATIONS
This is just a short list; there are many other constellations that could work as baby names.

• [name_m]Argo[/name_m] → the [name_m]Argo[/name_m] Navis Constellation is symbolized by a ship
  • [name_m]Aries[/name_m] → constellation symbolised by a ram
  • [name_f]Carina[/name_f] → one of 3 constellations that make up the [name_m]Argo[/name_m] Navis Constellation (ship)
  • [name_f]Cassiopeia[/name_f] → a constellation in the northern sky symbolized by the Seated [name_f]Queen[/name_f]
  • [name_m]Castor[/name_m] → one of the twins that make up the constellation [name_u]Gemini[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Draco[/name_m] → constellation symbolized by a dragon
  • [name_m]Leo[/name_m] → lion; [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is the name of the constellation, which is symbolized by a lion
  • [name_f]Libra[/name_f] → a constellation symbolized by the balance (law)
  • [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] → a constellation symbolized by a harp
  • [name_u]Orion[/name_u] → name of a constellation
    • [name_u]Hunter[/name_u] → [name_u]Orion[/name_u] the [name_u]Hunter[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Perseus[/name_m] → a constellation in the northern sky
  • [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] → a minor constellation in the southern sky
  • [name_m]Pollux[/name_m] → one of the twins that make up the constellation [name_u]Gemini[/name_u]
  • [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] → [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] major and [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] minor are constellations that are better known as the Greater she-bear and the Lesser bear respectively. They include the well know Big [name_m]Dipper[/name_m] and [name_m]Little[/name_m] [name_m]Dipper[/name_m]
    • [name_m]Urso[/name_m] → the male equivalent of [name_f]Ursa[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Vela[/name_f] → one of 3 constellations that make up the [name_m]Argo[/name_m] Navis Constellation (ship)

STARS

• [name_m]Altair[/name_m] → The eleventh brightest star in the sky
  • [name_u]Archer[/name_u] → the 12th brightest star in the sky and the brightest star in the constellation [name_u]Aquila[/name_u] the [name_u]Eagle[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] → one of [name_m]Saturn[/name_m]'s 82 moons; a giant star that can be located in the constellation of [name_m]Taurus[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Columba[/name_u] → brightest star in the constellation [name_u]Gemini[/name_u]; dove
    • [name_u]Callum[/name_u] → dove
    • [name_f]Colombia[/name_f] → dove
    • [name_f]Columbia[/name_f] → dove
  • [name_f]Hespera[/name_f] → evening star
  • [name_u]Hoku[/name_u] → star
  • [name_u]Izar[/name_u] → star
  • Naos → another name for the star [name_f]Zeta[/name_f] Puppis, found in the Puppis constellation one of 3 constellations that make up the [name_m]Argo[/name_m] Navis Constellation (ship)
  • [name_m]Nash[/name_m] → a part of the zodiac system and is a giant star in Sagittarius
  • [name_u]Nova[/name_u] → an astronomical term for a star that suddenly increases in brightness, then fades.
  • [name_u]Rigel[/name_u] → the brightest star in the constellation [name_u]Orion[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Sabik[/name_m] → a binary star in the constellation Ophiuchus
  • [name_m]Sirius[/name_m] → the brightest star in the night sky
  • [name_f]Star[/name_f] → star
  • [name_f]Stella[/name_f] → star
  • [name_f]Tara[/name_f] → star
  • [name_u]Vega[/name_u] → the 5th brightest star in the night sky; aka the [name_m]Harp[/name_m] [name_f]Star[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Zeta[/name_f] → the star [name_f]Zeta[/name_f] Puppis, found in the Puppis constellation one of 3 constellations that make up the [name_m]Argo[/name_m] Navis Constellation (ship)

SUN
The sun, by definition, is a large star.

• [name_f]Cyra[/name_f] → sun
  • Eleadora → she who came from the sun
    • Eleodora → she who came from the sun
  • [name_m]Elio[/name_m] → derived from [name_m]Helios[/name_m], which means sun
  • Solar → sun
  • [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] → sun
  • [name_f]Sunna[/name_f] → sun
  • [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] → sun gift
1 Like

Elettra - shining bright
[name_f]Astraea[/name_f] - starry one
[name_f]Asteria[/name_f] - [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] of dreams and astrology
Uttara - [name_f]Star[/name_f]
Sitara - [name_f]Star[/name_f]

1 Like