girlsl name...

We are expecting baby #4 any day now and we are still not sure on a girl’s name. I would love to hear your opinions on our list please. (the middle name is actually in honor of my great grandfather, but his name was Adeleburt (awful name!! LOL)

Landrie [name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u] ???
[name_f]Ireland[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_u]Sloane[/name_u] [name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_u]Myrl[/name_u] [name_f]Adele[/name_f] [name_u]Myrl[/name_u] (yes, spelled this way) was my grandfather’s name, but come to find out, it is actually a female name meaning [name_u]Falcon[/name_u], so I thought I would stick it on the my list and see what you all think :slight_smile:

Thanks for your input, and feel free to be honest :slight_smile:

I like these two from your list

[name_f]Ireland[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_u]Sloane[/name_u] [name_f]Adele[/name_f]

Landrie [name_f]Adele[/name_f] - I prefer it spelled [name_u]Landry[/name_u], but this flows well and the name makes me think of a spunky little miss.
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f] - This is lovely and has a sort of classic, musical quality.
[name_u]Lyric[/name_u] [name_f]Adele[/name_f] - I see “[name_f]Adele[/name_f]'s Lyrics” when I see this so it ties it too close to the singer for me. As it appears you also were thinking, I’d go with a different middle. Perhaps [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] or [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f].
[name_f]Ireland[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f] - I’ve never much warmed up to the name [name_f]Ireland[/name_f]. But if it has significance and meaning to your family, great!
[name_u]Sloan[/name_u] [name_f]Adele[/name_f] - Seems like it should be flip-flopped to [name_f]Adele[/name_f] [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]. [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] seems to be trending upwards right now (haven’t checked my numbers on that!) though, so I still prefer [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] or [name_u]Landry[/name_u].
[name_u]Myrl[/name_u] [name_f]Adele[/name_f] - These run together, “myrla dell”, so I’d tweak them. I couldn’t find anything about a female name meaning [name_u]Falcon[/name_u] either. What language? I could only find Mryle or [name_u]Merle[/name_u] which mean blackbird. What about a name that contains the name [name_u]Myrl[/name_u] within it, such as Emery [name_u]Ade[/name_u]le?

Just realized Lyric Madeline would also contain Myrl & Adele. :slight_smile:

Another name we are considering is [name_f]Maretta[/name_f], which is a family name as well. Also possibly adding an e to [name_u]Myrl[/name_u] and spell it [name_f]Meryl[/name_f]. To me this sounds a little bit more femine then [name_u]Myrl[/name_u]???

I like the name [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] the best out of your list! [name_u]Merle[/name_u] is such a cute name if [name_u]Myrl[/name_u] is pronounced like this then that’s great but I don’t like [name_f]Meryl[/name_f] too much, sorry X

I like [name_f]Adele[/name_f], [name_u]Lyric[/name_u] and [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]. [name_f]Meryl[/name_f] doesn’t seem anymore feminine to me than [name_u]Myrl[/name_u]. It makes me think of an old cranky man.

I like [name_f]Maren[/name_f], and [name_f]Etta[/name_f] but not [name_f]Maretta[/name_f]- sorry!

[name_f]Adele[/name_f] is actually the only name on your list that I really love. Could you use it as the first name and put one of your more adventurous choices in the middle? If not, I would go with [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f].