Giselle or Gisele

This is what behindthename says about [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]:

I prefer [name_f]Giselle[/name_f], accent isn’t an option at all. I worry people might think [name_f]Gisele[/name_f] is more correct way to spell, but I see both as correct. I don’t think meaning is particular bad, I think of it as “pledge of my affection”, rather than hostage full stop. I also think [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] with two LL looks more complete and I don’t appreciate model association with [name_f]Gisele[/name_f]

which do you prefer

• [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Gisele[/name_f]

0 voters

Giselle looks more correct to me

I prefer the complete look of [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] :slight_smile:

Giselle looks right to me :slightly_smiling_face:

Giselle definitely looks more complete and correct to me. And I actually think the majority of people would think to spell it [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] first. :slight_smile:

Giselle is how I usually see it written and is the way I prefer

Giselle looks more complete to me!

Giselle seems more correct to me & I see it more frequently used, although I know both spellings are perfectly fine to use.

[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] is how I would naturally spell it, it also feels more complete to me :slight_smile:

Giselle looks the most evenly balanced to me. I think it’s a very lovely name!

I prefer [name_f]Giselle[/name_f], like the ballet! :ballet_shoes::sparkles:

Go with [name_f]Giselle[/name_f]! I prefer [name_f]Gisele[/name_f] for myself, but I 100% prefer [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] for you, especially since you don’t like the model association with [name_f]Gisele[/name_f].

The overwhelming majority of people, as shown by this poll, will see [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] as the ‘correct’ spelling (although both are technically correct). [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] ranks much higher in the US top 1000 as well - as far as I know, [name_f]Gisele[/name_f] doesn’t currently rank, whereas [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] is at #328, according to Nameberry data.

Giselle looks more complete