Give it a convoluted nickname!

[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] makes me think of [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Earhart[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] [name_f]Earhart[/name_f] makes me think of [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_m]Roosevelt[/name_m]. The last syllable of [name_m]Roosevelt[/name_m] “velt” reminds me of velvet and velvet makes me think of [name_f]Velveteen[/name_f]. [name_f]Velveteen[/name_f] makes me think of the [name_f]Velveteen[/name_f] Rabbit. A rabbit is often called a bunny rabbit therefore Amelia’s nickname is [name_f]Bunny[/name_f].

[name_f]Fern[/name_f]?

1 Like

[name_f]Fern[/name_f] is a plant. A rose is also a plant. Roses are prominent in [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in Wonderland. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] is also a character in [name_u]Twilight[/name_u]. [name_u]Twilight[/name_u] is a time of day, so is dawn. [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] is the name of one of my nan’s neighbours and she has a dog called [name_u]Josie[/name_u]. Therefore, Fern’s nickname is [name_u]Josie[/name_u].

[name_u]Harley[/name_u]?

1 Like

[name_u]Harley[/name_u] is part of the name of a DC character, Harley-Quinn. A little girl I know loves Harley-Quinn and mentions her constantly. I often want to call this girl by her first name along with the name [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Therefore Harley’s nickname is [name_f]Rose[/name_f]!

[name_f]Jane[/name_f]?

[name_f]Jane[/name_f] is part of the name of a shoe, [name_f]Maryjane[/name_f]. [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is a biblical name and so is [name_f]Eve[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] friend has a sister called [name_f]Eve[/name_f] and a dog called [name_m]Ernie[/name_m]. [name_m]Ernie[/name_m] was a puppet on a show called [name_f]Sesame[/name_f] [name_f]Street[/name_f]. Another famous puppet is [name_m]Elmo[/name_m]. [name_m]Elmo[/name_m] is red and a name that means red is [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]. Therefore, Jane’s nickname is [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f].

[name_f]Lauren[/name_f]?

[name_f]Laura[/name_f] is similar to [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]. [name_f]Laura[/name_f] [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] is a company, [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] is another company, a famous [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] is [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] Capaldi. [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] Capaldi’s father is [name_m]Mark[/name_m]. A famous [name_m]Mark[/name_m] is [name_m]Mark[/name_m] Hoyle. Mark’s wife is [name_f]Rox[/name_f] therefore Lauren’s nickname is [name_f]Rox[/name_f].

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f]?

1 Like

[name_f]Rosie[/name_f] makes me think of [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] the Riveter, a famous icon of WW2. Another famous WW2-era woman was [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_m]Roosevelt[/name_m], whose first name was [name_f]Anna[/name_f]. [name_f]Anna[/name_f] means [name_f]Grace[/name_f], as in [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_u]Kelly[/name_u], [name_f]Princess[/name_f] of [name_u]Monaco[/name_u]. [name_u]Monaco[/name_u] sounds like [name_f]Monica[/name_f]. Therefore, Rosie’s nickname is [name_f]Monica[/name_f].
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]?

The name [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] makes me think of the character in Sex Education. On this TV show, Maeve’s best friend is called [name_f]Aimée[/name_f]. [name_f]Aimée[/name_f] is also the name of my cousin, who’s middle name is [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite diminutive of [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] is Cesca. So, my nickname for [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is Cesca

[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]?

[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] is a [name_u]French[/name_u] cookie. Macarons are also [name_u]French[/name_u] cookies. Macaroons are a cookie that are often confused with macarons. Macaroons are made with coconut. [name_u]Coco[/name_u] is the first four letters of coconut. Therefore Madeleine’s nickname is [name_u]Coco[/name_u].

[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]?

Desmond’s was a British sitcom set in Peckham, and so was Only Fools and Horses. [name_u]David[/name_u] [name_m]Jason[/name_m] was in Only Fools and Horses as [name_u]Del[/name_u] Boy. He was also in Open All Hours as [name_m]Granville[/name_m], with [name_u]Ronnie[/name_u] [name_m]Barker[/name_m]. [name_u]Ronnie[/name_u] [name_m]Barker[/name_m] had a daughter called [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. The name [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] contains the letters ARLO, so Desmond’s nickname is [name_u]Arlo[/name_u].

[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]?

3 Likes

[name_f]Hettie[/name_f]! [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is the title character in the song [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] in the [name_u]Sky[/name_u] with Diamonds which was written by The Beatles, The Beatles also wrote the song [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_u]Rigby[/name_u]. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] makes me think of [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] of [name_f]Aquitaine[/name_f] who married [name_u]Henry[/name_u] II of [name_f]England[/name_f]. The female version of [name_u]Henry[/name_u] is [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] and [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] can be shortened to [name_f]Hettie[/name_f]. Therefore Lucy’s nickname is [name_f]Hettie[/name_f].

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]?

4 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] first association with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is the name of [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] Quimby’s older sister in [name_u]Beverly[/name_u] Cleary’s books. Her nickname was Beezus. The first three letters of Beezus are [name_f]Bee[/name_f]. Bees are pollinators. Butterflies are also pollinators. The Spanish word for butterfly is mariposa. Thee last syllable of mariposa makes me think of posies which are flowers. Therefore Beatrice’s nickname is [name_f]Flower[/name_f].

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]?

1 Like

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] makes me think of [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], which is the name of [name_u]Prince[/name_u] Philip’s sister. The prince was known for his frank comments. [name_m]Frank[/name_m] is a nickname for [name_u]Franklin[/name_u], as in [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]Franklin[/name_u], the author of Poor Richard’s Almanac. The word Almanac can be shortened to [name_m]Al[/name_m], which is also a nickname for [name_m]Albert[/name_m]. Therefore, Theodore’s nickname is [name_m]Albert[/name_m].
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]?

susanna makes me think of the song oh susanna, which makes me think of banjos, which makes me think of a book i had when i was little called the relatives came. in this book, they get up super early “before the birds were awake.” a type of bird is a wren. therefore, susanna’s nickname is wren.

adrienne?

1 Like

[name_f]Liza[/name_f]! [name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] makes me think of my favorite college professor, whose last name was [name_u]French[/name_u]. They speak [name_u]French[/name_u] in [name_f]France[/name_f], and the capital of [name_f]France[/name_f] is [name_u]Paris[/name_u]. [name_u]Paris[/name_u] is the name of a character on [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m] girls, [name_u]Paris[/name_u] Geller, who is played by [name_f]Liza[/name_f] Weil, so Adrienne’s nickname is [name_f]Liza[/name_f].

[name_m]Luke[/name_m]?

1 Like

[name_m]Luke[/name_m] is the main character of the original [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars trilogy. [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars is owned by Disney, and [name_m]Walt[/name_m] Disney’s real name was [name_u]Walter[/name_u]. [name_u]Walter[/name_u] is also the first name of [name_m]Bruce[/name_m] [name_m]Willis[/name_m], and [name_u]Will[/name_u] can be short for [name_m]Willis[/name_m]. [name_u]Will[/name_u] means protector, and [name_m]Elmo[/name_m] also means protector, therefore Luke’s nickname is [name_m]Elmo[/name_m].

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]?

1 Like

The last syllable in [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is ‘rick’. This makes me think of [name_m]Rick[/name_m] Astley and a friend who often sends me videos of him. Her favourite boy’s name is [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] can be shortened to [name_u]Theo[/name_u] so therefore Frederick’s nickname is [name_u]Theo[/name_u]!

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]?

1 Like

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] sounds like [name_f]Imagine[/name_f], which reminds me of the band [name_f]Imagine[/name_f] Dragons. [name_f]Imagine[/name_f] Dragons wrote a song called [name_u]Thunder[/name_u], which is a weather phenomenon. Tornadoes are also a weather phenomenon. [name_f]Tornado[/name_f] has three syllables and starts with a T, and so does [name_f]Teresa[/name_f]. [name_f]Teresa[/name_f] is the 32nd most common name in [name_f]Italy[/name_f]. [name_f]Italy[/name_f] shares a border with [name_f]France[/name_f], and the 32th most common name in [name_f]France[/name_f] is [name_m]Nicolas[/name_m], and the feminine form of [name_m]Nicolas[/name_m] is [name_f]Nicole[/name_f], which can be shortened to [name_u]Nikki[/name_u], so Imogen’s nickname is [name_u]Nikki[/name_u].

[name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]?

1 Like

[name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] is the first name of former US president and Civil War [name_m]General[/name_m] [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] S [name_m]Grant[/name_m]. Another famous person with the last name [name_m]Grant[/name_m] is actor [name_u]Cary[/name_u] [name_m]Grant[/name_m]. [name_u]Cary[/name_u] [name_m]Grant[/name_m] was born with the first name [name_m]Archibald[/name_m]. [name_m]Archie[/name_m] is a nickname for [name_m]Archibald[/name_m]. Somebody famous with the name [name_m]Archie[/name_m] is [name_u]Prince[/name_u] Harry’s son. Therefore, Ulysses’s nickname is [name_u]Harry[/name_u].

[name_f]Avalon[/name_f]?

According to legend, the island of [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] is where [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] rests. [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] was married to [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]. The Cornish variant of [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] is [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f]. [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] ends in “ifer” and so does the word “conifer”. [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] bushes are a type of conifer plant. [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] is also used to make the alcoholic drink gin, which sounds like the name [name_f]Ginny[/name_f], so therefore [name_f]Avalon[/name_f] should be nicknamed [name_f]Ginny[/name_f].

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]?

2 Likes

i used to have a writing teacher named hannah. before that, i had a writing teacher named molly. my first crush on a girl was also named molly. she played softball. when i think of a “soft ball,” i think of stress balls. something that you might need a stress ball for is an exam. i have an oral exam coming up in spanish class. spanish starts with “span,” which makes me think of wingspan, which makes me think of the fact that michael phelps’s wingspan is three inches longer than he is tall. michael can be nicknamed to mike. therefore, hannah’s nickname is mike.

galilea?

2 Likes