Give it a convoluted nickname!

[name_u]Christian[/name_u] immediately makes me think of the religion, Christianity. Another religion is [name_m]Islam[/name_m]. [name_m]Islam[/name_m] is similar to the name Aslam, which is similar to [name_m]Aslan[/name_m]. [name_m]Aslan[/name_m] is the name of the lion in the series Chronicles of [name_f]Narnia[/name_f]. The Latin word lion is leo. Therefore, Christian’s nickname is [name_u]Leo[/name_u].

[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]?

[name_m]Harvey[/name_m] reminds me of [name_m]Steve[/name_m] [name_m]Harvey[/name_m], host of Family Feud. The original host of that show was [name_m]Richard[/name_m] [name_u]Dawson[/name_u], born [name_m]Colin[/name_m] [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] Emm. [name_m]Colin[/name_m] [name_u]Lionel[/name_u] Emm’s initials are Cle, which reminds me of Clé [name_u]Bennett[/name_u], Canadian actor and voice actor. [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] is related to the medieval name [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]. Many popes of the past are named [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] and the current Vatican pope is named [name_u]Francis[/name_u] but born [name_m]Jorge[/name_m] [name_m]Mario[/name_m] Bergoglio. Pope [name_u]Francis[/name_u] was actually born in [name_f]Argentina[/name_f], same with [name_f]Queen[/name_f] Máxima of the Netherlands. [name_f]Queen[/name_f] Máxima is married to [name_m]King[/name_m] Willem-Alexander. Willem-Alexander’s father was [name_u]Prince[/name_u] [name_m]Claus[/name_m]. [name_m]Claus[/name_m] is also the last name of [name_f]Santa[/name_f] [name_m]Claus[/name_m]. Harvey’s nickname is [name_f]Santa[/name_f]!

[name_u]Finnegan[/name_u]?

A common nickname for [name_u]Finnegan[/name_u] is [name_u]Finn[/name_u], which makes me think of fish. A popular movie about fish is Finding [name_m]Nemo[/name_m]. [name_m]Nemo[/name_m] is also a character in Dicken’s Bleak House as an alias for [name_m]Captain[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] Hawdon. A nickname for [name_u]James[/name_u] is [name_u]Jamie[/name_u], so Finnegan’s nickname is [name_u]Jamie[/name_u].

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]?

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] reminds me of Nameberry user @eloiseattheplaza , the username referring to a young 6-year-old blonde girl who lives at the Plaza with [name_f]Nanny[/name_f]. Nannies are sometimes called [name_f]Nan[/name_f], which can be a nickname for [name_f]Nanette[/name_f]. [name_f]Nanette[/name_f] rhymes with [name_f]Annette[/name_f], a very feminised [name_u]French[/name_u] form of [name_f]Ann[/name_f]. [name_f]Ann[/name_f] was actually an [name_f]English[/name_f] form of the name [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] which means grace. [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] goes by the nickname [name_f]Grace[/name_f].

[name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f]?

1 Like

[name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f] was the name of a student in the Key & [name_m]Peele[/name_m] sketch “Substitute Teacher.” [name_m]Keys[/name_m] go with locks, and locks remind me of Goldilocks. Goldilocks is a British fairytale which obviously reminds me of the [name_f]Queen[/name_f] of [name_f]England[/name_f]: [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. [name_f]Queen[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] was born in [name_u]Mayfair[/name_u], so Jacqueline’s nickname is [name_u]Mayfair[/name_u].

[name_m]Jeremie[/name_m]?

1 Like

[name_m]Jeremie[/name_m] is a spelling variation of [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]. Someone famous named [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m] is actor [name_m]Jeremy[/name_m] Renner. He plays Hawkeye in the Avenger movies. Hawkeye’s “human” name is [name_m]Clinton[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] [name_m]Clint[/name_m] [name_m]Barton[/name_m]. Someone famous with the last name [name_m]Clinton[/name_m] is former US [name_m]President[/name_m] [name_m]Bill[/name_m] [name_m]Clinton[/name_m]. His middle name is [name_m]Jefferson[/name_m]. [name_m]Jefferson[/name_m] is also the last name of another former US [name_m]President[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_m]Jefferson[/name_m]. Therefore Jeremie’s nickname is [name_m]Thomas[/name_m].

[name_f]Claire[/name_f]?

[name_f]Claire[/name_f] makes me think of [name_u]Clare[/name_u] de [name_f]Lune[/name_f], a composition by [name_u]Claude[/name_u] Debussy. [name_u]Claude[/name_u] Debussy’s daughter, Claude-Emma was nicknamed “Chouchou.” Chouchou makes me think of the dog breed Chow Chow. In the television show [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m] Girls, the character [name_u]Michel[/name_u] [name_m]Gerard[/name_m] is known for being obsessed with his Chow Chow dogs. Michel’s mother’s name is [name_f]Gisele[/name_f]. Therefore, Claire’s nickname is [name_f]Gisele[/name_f].

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]?

1 Like

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] starts with the sound “Fi” which makes me think of [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]. The name [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] is related to angels, and so is the name [name_f]Angelina[/name_f]. In the [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] series, [name_f]Angelina[/name_f] [name_m]Johnson[/name_m] is on the Quidditch team with [name_f]Katie[/name_f] [name_u]Bell[/name_u]. When the [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] sisters first published their books, they all used pseudonyms with the surname [name_u]Bell[/name_u]. One of the most famous books by one of the Brontes is [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Eyre[/name_f]. Therefore, Phoebe’s nickname should be [name_f]Jane[/name_f].

[name_f]Muriel[/name_f]?

1 Like

[name_f]Muriel[/name_f] reminds me of a mural, a painting of art. [name_m]Art[/name_m] is a nickname for [name_u]Arthur[/name_u]. [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] [name_m]Radley[/name_m] is from To Kill a Mockingbird and is better known by [name_u]Boo[/name_u]. [name_u]Boo[/name_u] is also a little girl from Monsters Inc with [name_m]Mike[/name_m] and [name_u]Sully[/name_u]. [name_u]Sully[/name_u] is cyan with purple. [name_u]Cyan[/name_u] rhymes with [name_f]Diane[/name_f]. [name_f]Muriel[/name_f] has the nickname [name_f]Diane[/name_f].

[name_u]Hayden[/name_u]?

[name_u]Hayden[/name_u] is the name of celebrity [name_u]Hayden[/name_u] Panettiere, perhaps best known for her role as [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] in Heroes. [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] makes me think of the [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] sisters in Pride and Prejudice by [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u]. [name_u]Austen[/name_u] was born on [name_u]December[/name_u] 16th, 1775. Also born on [name_u]December[/name_u] 16th is actress [name_f]Anna[/name_f] Popplewell, who played [name_f]Susan[/name_f] in [name_f]Narnia[/name_f]. Susan’s little sister is [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. Therefore, Hayden’s nickname is [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].

[name_f]Lola[/name_f]?

[name_f]My[/name_f] first association with [name_f]Lola[/name_f] is the children’s television show [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and [name_f]Lola[/name_f]. [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] is a common nickname for [name_u]Charles[/name_u]. Someone famous with the name [name_u]Charles[/name_u] is [name_u]Prince[/name_u] [name_u]Charles[/name_u]. His father was [name_u]Prince[/name_u] [name_m]Philip[/name_m] and [name_u]Prince[/name_u] Philip’s mother was named [name_f]Alice[/name_f]. [name_f]Alice[/name_f] makes me think of [name_f]Alice[/name_f] in Wonderland which was created by [name_m]Lewis[/name_m] [name_u]Carroll[/name_u]. Therefore Lola’s nickname is [name_u]Carroll[/name_u].

[name_f]Maya[/name_f]?

A famous Maya is Maya Angelou. The names May and Angela can be found within Maya Angelou. Angela and May are the daughters of the Turners in Call the Midwife. In CtM Angela and May have brothers called Tim and Teddy. Tim and Teddy are both nickname names starting with a T, another nickname name beginning with T is Tess. Therefore, Maya’s nickname is Tess.

Catherine?

2 Likes

A popular Catholic saint called [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is St. [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] Labouré. As a baby, St. [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] Labouré was baptised as [name_u]Zoe[/name_u]. [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] means “life” in Greek. Trees are living things, and oak is a type of tree. [name_u]Oak[/name_u] sounds like [name_m]Noak[/name_m], which is the Swedish form of [name_u]Noah[/name_u]. [name_u]Noah[/name_u] is one letter different from [name_f]Norah[/name_f], which is also an alternative transliteration of the Arabic name [name_f]Nura[/name_f]. [name_f]Nura[/name_f] means light. The Spanish word for light is [name_f]Luz[/name_f]. Therefore, [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] should be nicknamed [name_f]Luz[/name_f].

[name_u]Lee[/name_u]?

3 Likes

My grandmother and great aunt are both nicknames Lee, for their names Olivia and Leora. My sister’s middle name is Olivia, after our grandmother. She and our grandmother were born in May, so a nickname for Lee is May!

Jack?

The name [name_u]Jack[/name_u] makes me think of [name_u]Jack[/name_u] [name_u]Frost[/name_u]. A famous person with the last name [name_u]Frost[/name_u] is Supernanny [name_u]Jo[/name_u] [name_u]Frost[/name_u]. A fictional character with the first name [name_u]Jo[/name_u] is [name_u]Jo[/name_u] [name_u]March[/name_u] in [name_m]Little[/name_m] Women. In the 2019 film adaptation, [name_u]Jo[/name_u] [name_u]March[/name_u] was played by actress Saorise [name_m]Ronan[/name_m]. Therefore Jack’s nickname is [name_m]Ronan[/name_m].

[name_u]Oliver[/name_u]?

1 Like

[name_u]Oliver[/name_u] makes me think of [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] Twist, which is a novel by [name_u]Charles[/name_u] Dickens. Another famous [name_u]Charles[/name_u] is [name_u]Charles[/name_u] [name_m]Darwin[/name_m] who wrote On The Origin of Species. Darwin’s theory of evolution is that humans evolved from apes. Apes are often referred to as monkeys, and one of the most well-known monkeys is Curious [name_u]George[/name_u]. Therefore, Oliver’s nickname is [name_u]George[/name_u].

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]?

1 Like

[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] is made up of the names [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Belle[/name_f], which are Disney princesses. Another Disney princess is [name_f]Merida[/name_f]. [name_f]Merida[/name_f] has red hair and so does [name_f]Amy[/name_f] [name_m]Adams[/name_m]. She plays [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] in Enchanted. Enchanted is a [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] song. [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] Sink recently starred in a [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] project. She plays [name_u]Max[/name_u] in Stanger Things. Therefore, Annabelle’s nickname is [name_u]Max[/name_u].

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]?

elizabeth is the name of two famous queens of england. one of them had red hair. i once went to a camp where all three of the counselors in my cabin had red hair. one of the counselors was named melanie. melanie can be nicknamed to mel. the word mellifluous starts with the syllable mel. mellifluous means “smoothly flowing.” the word smooth reminds me of smoothies. my dad makes the same fruit smoothie all the time. in the summer, he puts peaches in it. therefore, elizabeth’s nickname is peach.

acadia?

1 Like

[name_f]Acadia[/name_f] is the name of a national park in maine. i used to have an internet friend from maine, called [name_u]June[/name_u]. june is a summer month, summer makes me think of swimming, and that reminds me of the time me and my cousins went swimming in my aunt and uncle’s backyard. in that backyard is where my cousin found a cat that the family decided to keep, the cat’s name is [name_f]Tori[/name_f]. therefore, Acadia’s nickname is [name_f]Tori[/name_f]

[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u]?

2 Likes

[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] reminds me of the word “swell”. In slang, “swell” means something is very good. Another word for when something is good is “magnificent”. Magnificent sounds like [name_f]Maleficent[/name_f], the wicked fairy in Disney’s Sleeping [name_f]Beauty[/name_f]. The good fairies in the film are called [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_f]Fauna[/name_f] and Merryweather. Merryweather can be shortened to [name_u]Merry[/name_u]. In The [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the Rings, Merry’s best friend is called [name_u]Pippin[/name_u]. In [name_f]England[/name_f], Cox’s [name_u]Orange[/name_u] [name_u]Pippin[/name_u] is a popular variety of apple. Cox reminds me of Dr. Cox in the TV show Scrubs, whose first name was [name_u]Perry[/name_u], but it was short for [name_m]Percival[/name_m]. [name_m]Percival[/name_m] was a knight in Arthurian legend. Therefore, [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] should be nicknamed [name_u]Arthur[/name_u].

[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]?