Give it a convoluted nickname!

[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] is associated with money, which you get from the bank. [name_f]Banksy[/name_f] is an artist whose name contains the word bank, and nobody know Banksy’s identity is unknown. We also don’t know if alien’s are real. Alien is a weird nickname, therefore Benjamin’s nickname has to be [name_m]Al[/name_m].

[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]

susannah has a meaning of lily, and the lily flowers are commonly used in funerals, to symbolise rebirth. in some retellings of the greek myth, persephone as the queen of the underworld could be suited to a ‘goddess of life and death’ style role. she was said to eat pomegranate seeds, and pomegranates are a fruit. another fruit i find audibly similar to pomegranate is plum, so susannah’s nickname is plum :relieved:

valerie ?

1 Like

Someone famous whose first name was [name_f]Valerie[/name_f] although she didn’t go by it was singer [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_u]Carter[/name_u] [name_m]Cash[/name_m]. Another famous person named [name_u]June[/name_u] was actress [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Allyson[/name_f]. [name_f]Ally[/name_f] is a common nickname for [name_f]Allyson[/name_f] and can also be spelled [name_f]Aly[/name_f]. Someone famous with the nickname [name_f]Aly[/name_f] is Olympic gymnast [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] [name_f]Aly[/name_f] Raisman. Her mother’s name is [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]. Therefore Valerie’s nickname is [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]

[name_u]Harmony[/name_u]?

Bells - [name_u]Harmony[/name_u] is obviously a music name, and I love the musician [name_f]Sia[/name_f]. [name_f]Sia[/name_f] has a song in the [name_u]Twilight[/name_u] movies, which I’ve always really liked. [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_u]Swan[/name_u] is the main character in [name_u]Twilight[/name_u], and one of her nicknames is Bells, which ties in nicely to the music theme, so it works for me!

[name_u]Montgomery[/name_u]?

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] cousins have a dog called [name_u]Montgomery[/name_u], nicknamed [name_m]Monty[/name_m]. [name_m]Monty[/name_m] is similar to [name_m]Mountain[/name_m] which relates to nature names such as [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Lily-Rose Depp’s father is [name_u]Johnny[/name_u] Depp. He was [name_u]Jack[/name_u] [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u] in Pirates of the Caribbean. Therefore, Montgomery’s nickname is [name_u]Jack[/name_u].

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]?

1 Like

[name_f]Apple[/name_f] - the name [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] rhymes with crazy. We like to tease my uncle by calling him crazy because he tells exaggerated stories. I have a best friend [name_u]Carol[/name_u] who does the same thing. Carol’s favorite holiday is Halloween. Last Halloween, we went to an apple orchard. Thus, Maisie’s nickname is [name_f]Apple[/name_f].

[name_u]Perry[/name_u]?

1 Like

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] - [name_u]Perry[/name_u] makes me think of [name_u]Perry[/name_u] the Platypus from [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] and Ferb. The name [name_m]Phineas[/name_m] makes me think of the name [name_u]Finn[/name_u] which reminds me of the show Glee. The word “glee” makes me think of joy and happiness, that brings an image of rainbows which makes me think of Somewhere Over the [name_f]Rainbow[/name_f] from The [name_m]Wizard[/name_m] of [name_m]Oz[/name_m]. The main character in the [name_m]Wizard[/name_m] of [name_m]Oz[/name_m] is [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] played by [name_f]Judy[/name_f] [name_u]Garland[/name_u] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is a cute nickname for [name_f]Judy[/name_f] - making Perry’s nickname [name_u]Jude[/name_u]!

[name_f]Morgana[/name_f]?

[name_f]Morgana[/name_f] le [name_f]Fay[/name_f] is from Arthurian legend. Another figure in Arthurian legend is [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]. The Cornish variant of [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] is [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f], which was very popular for girls in the US during the 1970s. The name [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] was really popular for boys at the same time. The name [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] is often shortened to [name_u]Chris[/name_u], and a girls’ name which starts with the same sound is [name_f]Christina[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite poet is [name_f]Christina[/name_f] Rossetti, and her most famous poem is called Goblin Market. It’s about two sisters called [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f] and [name_f]Laura[/name_f]. Rossetti identified most with [name_f]Laura[/name_f], the more mischievous and impulsive sister. Therefore, Morgana’s nickname is [name_f]Laura[/name_f].

[name_f]Jessica[/name_f]?

[name_f]Jessica[/name_f] makes me think of my mother’s friend from high school. She has a daughter named [name_f]Finleigh[/name_f], which is who I think of next. [name_f]Finleigh[/name_f] makes me think of [name_u]Finn[/name_u] which makes me think of another one of my mom’s friend who has a son named [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and his brother’s name is [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. This makes me think of the song Hey, [name_u]Jude[/name_u] that’s sung by The Beatles. The lead singer is [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_u]Lennon[/name_u].

So Jessica’s nickname is [name_u]Lennon[/name_u]!

[name_u]Haven[/name_u]?

[name_u]Haven[/name_u] is another word for harbor and it is where ships dock. [name_m]Doc[/name_m] is the name of one of the seven dwarves in [name_u]Snow[/name_u] White. He was played by [name_u]John[/name_u] [name_m]Leroy[/name_m] “Roy” Atwell in the 1937 movie. Atwell makes me think of the name [name_m]Wells[/name_m]. [name_u]Author[/name_u] HG [name_m]Wells[/name_m] was born in [name_m]Kent[/name_m] UK. Therefore Haven’s nickname is [name_m]Kent[/name_m].

[name_f]Kendra[/name_f]?

[name_f]Kendra[/name_f] is the mother of Aberforth, [name_m]Albus[/name_m] and [name_f]Arianna[/name_f] Dumbledore. [name_f]Arianna[/name_f] [name_f]Grande[/name_f] was engaged to [name_m]Pete[/name_m] [name_m]Davidson[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] grandad’s nickname is [name_m]Pete[/name_m] and his full name is [name_m]Peter[/name_m]. [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Pevensie[/name_u], from [name_f]Narnia[/name_f], has a sister called [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. The Beatles have a song called [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] in the [name_u]Sky[/name_u] with Diamonds. Therefore, Kendra’s nickname is [name_u]Sky[/name_u].

[name_u]Michael[/name_u]?

1 Like

michael j fox is an actor, foxes live in forests, and ferns grow in forests, the name fifer starts with f just like fern, the name fifer sounds similar to piper, and you can shorten piper to pip, therefore michael’s nn is pip!

erminia?

1 Like

Erminia reminds me of ermines, the animal. Lady with an Ermine is a famous painting by renaissance artist Leonardo da Vinci. The painting features a woman named Cecelia Gallerani. Cecelia is often shortened to Cece, therefore Erminia’s nickname is Cece!

George?

1 Like

George is a minor character on the BBC TV show Merlin. Merlin’s character is also called Emrys. The name Emrys always tugs at my heartstrings for some reason. Corazon is the Spanish word for heart. That name makes me think of the book the Mighty Heart of Sunny St. James, where a girl named Sunny receives a heart transplant and begins to fall for her friend Quinn, whose hair is blue. Thus, George’s nickname is Blue.

Samantha?

1 Like

[name_f]Samantha[/name_f] is the name of an American [name_f]Girl[/name_f] [name_m]Doll[/name_m], [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] Parkington. In the movie she was played by AnnaSophia [name_m]Robb[/name_m]. Another character she played was [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] in [name_u]Soul[/name_u] Surfer. [name_f]Bethany[/name_f] Hamilton’s middle name is [name_f]Meilani[/name_f], which makes me think of the name [name_f]Melanie[/name_f]. Someone famous with the name [name_f]Melanie[/name_f] is actress [name_f]Melanie[/name_f] [name_m]Griffith[/name_m]. She was [name_u]Marion[/name_u] [name_m]Davies[/name_m] in RKO 281. Therefore Samantha’s nickname is [name_u]Marion[/name_u].

[name_m]Felix[/name_m]?

1 Like

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] is the name of the cat in the Purina cat food commercials. Purina makes me think of the word pure, which makes me think of the name [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] as it means pure. [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] has many nicknames, including [name_u]Kitty[/name_u], which is also used to refer to cats. Therefore, Felix’s nickname is [name_f]Cat[/name_f].

[name_m]Yosef[/name_m]?

1 Like

[name_m]Yosef[/name_m] is a Hebrew name that means “God will increase”, which is where the name [name_u]Joseph[/name_u] originates from. I wrote a book with a character named [name_u]Joseph[/name_u] [name_m]Ian[/name_m], and the middle name [name_m]Ian[/name_m] means “God is gracious.” There are so many names with meanings related to god/gods, and a theophoric name is one that uses the god’s name itself–because “theo” means god. The name [name_u]Theo[/name_u] is a great nickname for [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], but my favorite one is [name_u]Teddy[/name_u]. Thus, Yosef’s nickname is [name_u]Teddy[/name_u].

[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]?

The Library of [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] was one of the most important libraries in the ancient world. Another really significant library is the British Library, which is one of the largest libraries in the world. The British Library is in the [name_u]London[/name_u] Borough of [name_u]Camden[/name_u]. [name_u]Camden[/name_u] can be shortened to [name_u]Cam[/name_u]. Another name I like which can be shortened to [name_u]Cam[/name_u] is [name_f]Camellia[/name_f]. The plant [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] sinensis is used to make tea. [name_f]Tea[/name_f] can be a nickname for [name_f]Dorotea[/name_f], which is related to the name [name_f]Teodora[/name_f]. I used to know a little girl called [name_f]Teodora[/name_f] who lived in the Spanish city of Soria. The Duchess of Soria is a title that was given to the former king of Spain’s sister, Infanta [name_f]Margarita[/name_f] of Spain. Her full name is [name_f]Margarita[/name_f] [name_f]María[/name_f] de la [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] [name_f]Esperanza[/name_f] [name_f]Jacoba[/name_f] [name_f]Felicidad[/name_f] [name_f]Perpetua[/name_f] de [name_m]Todos[/name_m] los [name_m]Santos[/name_m] de Borbón y Borbón. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite name out of these is [name_f]Perpetua[/name_f]. Therefore, Alexandria’s nickname is [name_f]Perpetua[/name_f].

[name_f]Blanche[/name_f]?

1 Like

[name_f]Blanche[/name_f] means ‘white’ in [name_u]French[/name_u]. Another name that means a colour in [name_u]French[/name_u] is [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (meaning ‘pink’). [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a flower name and so is [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]. [name_f]Jasmine[/name_f] is famously the princess in [name_m]Aladdin[/name_m] who was played by [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] [name_u]Scott[/name_u] in the live action film. [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] [name_u]Scott[/name_u] was also in the Charlie’s Angels remake with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Banks[/name_u]. [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Banks[/name_u] was [name_f]Effie[/name_f] in the Hunger Games series. Therefore, Blanche’s nickname is [name_f]Effie[/name_f].

[name_f]Arlene[/name_f]?

1 Like