Give me imagery/an aesthetic and I'll give you a name

I don’t think this has been done before on Nameberry, but please correct me if I’m wrong. :slightly_smiling_face: I have a lot of time to kill lately, and I thought this might be a fun idea. :smiling_face: I’m taking up to three requests at a time per post, and please specify if you would like a feminine, masculine, or gender neutral name.

2 Likes

I’d love a feminine, bookish romantic name. Picturing a young lady sitting in a chair reading by firelight, long chocolate brown hair, green eyes and an infectious laugh. Precocious to say the least!

Also, a masculine or gender neutral name, a rough and tumble adventurer that’s found in frog ponds and forests, a child that lives to know what’s under rocks and buried in nature!

(Also, everything has been done on Nameberry by now but we love the fun!)

1 Like

Fiammetta Rosaline “Fia” (Fire and Shakespeare !)

Peregrine Sawyer

True, that. And I do love a bandwagon ! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for offering this!!

Maybe names that remind you of this imagery, if you have time/feel inspired:

1. sunflower fields, shades of yellow, paint palettes and messy sketchbooks

2. red doc martens, mismatched socks, thrift stores and home-baked cookies

3. crimson ballgowns, golden hair, sparkling jewels, butterflies and late night dances

No pressure to do them all!

1 Like

Lumi Sumarlína

Hestia Romilly (She sounds so warm and eclectic)

Olympiada Vesper

[name_m]Boy[/name_m] name please

1. Nascar stock car racing
  2. Country music
1 Like

Nailed it! Thank you!

1 Like

bayous, oil lamps, magnolia trees, hedge witches, ghosts

Thank you for doing this!

1 Like

Sunlight streaming through windows, colorful carpet, white walls, upbeat music playing, a cheerful feeling in the air (masc/neutral name)

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I’d like a classic feminine name please!
Antique homewares, 1910, long vintage dresses, [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Eyre[/name_f], a small farm with lots of chickens, picking flowers, blue skies and rolling hills, reading by candlelight, The Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f], laughter & music, hair braids, [name_m]Little[/name_m] House on the [name_u]Prairie[/name_u], old buildings.
Thank you! :heart:

1 Like

Dashiell Blaise

Corbin Rhett

[name_f]Alcina[/name_f] [name_f]Scheherazade[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] apologies, I know it’s a little “out-there”, but it’s what immediately came to me. :slight_smile:

@fiddlesticks [name_m]Elio[/name_m] [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] :sunny:

@soundofmusic [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] :ballet_shoes: :teapot:

2 Likes

I’m curious what you’d pair with this (feminine name please!):

sun parasols, raspberry tarts, lace gloves, vintage carousels, full moons, and ferris wheels at dusk

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] “Fina” :carousel_horse:

I just had to add two middles, oops. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’m curious what you would choose for this (any gender):

big cities, dilapidated cathedrals, stained glass, operas, red persian rugs, mantillas, kohl eyeliner, fashion magazines, the taste of holy basil, the smell of incense

1 Like

Love it, thank you so much!

1 Like

Kassiani Giselle :rose: :church:

1 Like

A soft masculine name that fits the vibe of

When the leaves first change/air gets crisp
[name_u]Orange[/name_u] cinnamon
[name_f]Sunday[/name_f] drives on a back road
Cabin by a lake but too chilly to swim
[name_u]Free[/name_u] [name_u]Bird[/name_u]
Moonlight reflecting on someone’s eyes
Watching the sunrise with steaming coffee

1 Like

No need to apologize! I love the name [name_f]Alcina[/name_f] and Scherazade is so cool. Thank you again :revolving_hearts:

1 Like