Give me your gut reaction to...

See the results of this poll: Which is loveliest?

Respondents: 48 (This poll is closed)

• Anna : 20 (42%)
  • Adele : 13 (27%)
  • Katherine / Katharine (Kate) : 6 (13%)
  • Elisabeth: 9 (19%)

[name]Anna[/name]- so pretty, simple, classic, a true blank slate that could suit any type of girl.
[name]Adele[/name]- I think of the singer…this name is similar to the popular [name]Ad[/name]- names ([name]Addison[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name]) & has that sweet old-fashioned feel that people seem to be going for (like [name]Sophie[/name] & [name]Violet[/name]) so I think after the Grammys the name is going to boom
[name]Katharine[/name] / [name]Katherine[/name] ([name]Kate[/name])- similar in feel to [name]Anna[/name], but I just don’t like it as much personally.
[name]Elisabeth[/name]- same…but with this one my eye hesitates on the S where I imagine there is usually a Z

[name]Anna[/name], no doubt about it.

I voted for [name]Adele[/name] before I even read your post, but it seems to fit exactly what you’re looking for! I would go with that, honestly. I think [name]Adele[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] or [name]Adele[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] would be great combos.

I love [name]Anna[/name], [name]Katherine[/name], and [name]Elisabeth[/name], too, but they seem more classic than fresh, modern classic if that makes sense.

If I were choosing for myself, though, I would likely go with [name]Elisabeth[/name], because I love how classic-classic it is. It’s so versatile and I absolutely love the nn [name]Ella[/name], and the more out-there nns that I’d probably try and squeeze in occasionally ([name]Tess[/name] and [name]Tilly[/name]). I think [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Adele[/name] is lovely, too, if you want something more on the truly classic side.

Good luck!

Oh no! You wrote [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Adele[/name]! I am not strong enough! I love that combo.

But [name]Adele[/name] in the first name spot… so tempting. To be honest, it’s looking like a battle between [name]Adele[/name] & [name]Anna[/name]. [name]Anna[/name] is warm and comfy, [name]Adele[/name] is fresh and (for now) a bit unexpected.

Great feedback!

I voted for [name]Anna[/name]. I think that it sounds fresh and young, but remains classic at the same time. [name]Anna[/name] could suit any kind of girl.
I like [name]Anna[/name] with a MN that is a bit more popular/out there. The three other names that you have posted are beautiful and classic, but a bit too generic as a MN for [name]Anna[/name].
My suggestions:
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Magdalen[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] Everleigh
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Sapphire[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Marilyn[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Valerie[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Lisbeth[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!
Good luck! :slight_smile:

Voted [name]Elizabeth[/name] before reading your post. While [name]Elisabeth[/name] gets my vote for loveliest, I’d say [name]Adele[/name] fits the criteria your looking for best, followed by [name]Anna[/name]. [name]Adele[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] is quite lovely.

[name]Katherine[/name]! [name]Love[/name] [name]Kate[/name]!

Oh wow, hard choice, but I went with [name]Anna[/name]…just!

I just love [name]Anna[/name] (and [name]Hannah[/name]). It’s one truly classic name that I never get tired of hearing. And I think it would work well with her sibling. [name]Do[/name] you like [name]Annie[/name] as a nn? I absolutely adore it, but I also really love just [name]Anna[/name]. As popular as the name is, it still always sounds really fresh, clean, pretty and elegant to me. I have a very postive image when I think of an “[name]Anna[/name]”, even though I’ve actually met very few in my life. I think [name]Anna[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name] (my fave spelling too) or [name]Anna[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] (the repeating A’s of [name]Anna[/name] and the [name]Katharine[/name] spelling look best to me) would be gorgeous. [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] too, using the names from your signature.

[name]Adele[/name] was a close second. The singer is the only thing putting me off. While the name has always been relatively common here in the UK and I met a couple both in school and uni, it does feel like any babies named [name]Adele[/name] over the next couple of years are going to get “Oh, where you named after the singer?”. Or you may get “Did you get the idea from the singer?”. That may not bother you, but I know it would bother me a little. If I loved a name enough I could look past it, but I actually love [name]Anna[/name] that bit more anyway. I’ve always thought [name]Adele[/name] was pretty and sophisticated, but also thought it lacked a little something. Lacks a bit of a spark to me. [name]Anna[/name] has more energy in my opinion.

[name]Elisabeth[/name] would be my next choice. Its a very pretty and regal sounding name, and this spelling is my fave. Plus with all the nn options, [name]Elisabeth[/name] can fit many images and personalities. What are your fave nn’s? [name]Libby[/name], [name]Lizzie[/name], [name]Beth[/name], [name]Elise[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Elle[/name], [name]Liza[/name], [name]Bea[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Betty[/name], [name]Betsy[/name], [name]Bess[/name], [name]Elsa[/name], [name]Elsie[/name], [name]Birdie[/name] etc. My faves are [name]Libby[/name], [name]Lizzie[/name], [name]Elise[/name], [name]Elle[/name] and [name]Betsy[/name] I think. I like [name]Elsa[/name], [name]Elsie[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] too.

[name]Katharine[/name] just isn’t my fave as a first name. I think it’s the “Kath” part. Kath/[name]Kathy[/name] has such bad associations for me. I think of washed up, middle ages, loud, brash women! Lol. [name]Katharine[/name] is beautiful and sophisticated I know, but I’ve just never loved it. Its also felt a bit boring to me. Although I’m usually a fan of “full names” with nn’s, I think I prefer just [name]Kate[/name]. I love “[name]Kat[/name]” names e.g. [name]Catalina[/name], [name]Katarina[/name], [name]Catrin[/name] etc, I’m just not a big fan of Kath names. Having said that, my exception is probably [name]Katharina[/name] which sounds so pretty to me!

So hope that helps! I like [name]Anna[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name], [name]Anna[/name] [name]Katharine[/name], [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Adele[/name] [name]Elisabeth[/name], [name]Adele[/name] [name]Katharine[/name], [name]Adele[/name] [name]Susanna[/name], [name]Adele[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name], [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Adele[/name], [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]Anna[/name].

:slight_smile:

Thank you, L.!
:wink:

Fabulous feedback and advice! The ‘[name]Adele[/name] the singer’ part is definitely a consideration in 2012. Argh!

I voted for [name]Anna[/name], but I had a tough time, as all your names are wonderful! [name]Anna[/name] is so timeless and classic, which is why I love it.
And [name]Anna[/name] goes well with any middle name.

[name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Katharine[/name] and [name]Elisabeth[/name] are tied for second place, but there are so many nicknames, it would be hard to choose!

(I love [name]Adele[/name], but it is too tied to the singer at the moment, which is a shame, actually!)

My favorite [name]Anna[/name] combination for you would be [name]Anna[/name] [name]Katharine[/name] or [name]Anna[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name].