Give only one vintage name that you love most

The huge vintage trend comes over, which name do you love most, and you think is definitely worthy to be back again?
Give your favorite one with reasons.
Here is the list given by nameberry, I’m sure we can come up with many others though:
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]

Mine: [name]Isabella[/name](despite the popularity, it’s such a perfect name: ladylike, beautiful, classic and has wonderful nn options, like [name]Izzie[/name] or bella. It is just ruined by Twilight, so sorry…)

[name]Eleanor[/name]
I have loved this name for years and years. I do not care for nns but this is a great, classic, strong name.

[name]Cora[/name]: I don’t usually care for ANY of these names----but I loe the ‘ra’ ending…and the simplicity of the name as a whole…

[name]Clara[/name]
I find the “C L” to be elegant, and with the simple, feminine “ara,” it makes for a refined, classy name. (I like quite a few of the other names on the list too, like [name]Charlotte[/name].)

Goodness, just one?
Oh, all right.
Today it is [name]Eliza[/name], Tomorrow it will probably be [name]Estella[/name]

:slight_smile:
[name]Isabel[/name]

I’m a really big fan of [name]Edith[/name]. A lot of people scrunch their nose when I mention it (especially my husband, who like [name]Evelyn[/name] a lot more), but I think it is sweet and underused. I especially prefer the nn [name]Edie[/name] to [name]Evie[/name]. Guess we’ll have neither. :frowning:

[name]Beatrice[/name]. I don’t know why so many people wrinkle their noses at it. It’s a beautiful name with a classic pedigree ([name]Dante[/name]) and sweet meaning. The italian pronunciation is even nicer - [name]Bay[/name]-a-tree-chi.

My Grandmothers were named: [name]Eva[/name] [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Marjory[/name] [name]Isobel[/name]
I love both of their names and I think both could suite a little girl today…I don’t think that either needs a nick name (I especially like [name]Eva[/name] [name]Lily[/name] said together as one name), but [name]Marjory[/name] could be nn’d [name]Jory[/name], [name]Marjie[/name], [name]Rory[/name] etc.

melly

I love [name]Edith[/name]! People can be very opinionated when it comes to fabulous names like [name]Edith[/name] & [name]Beatrice[/name]:wink:

Smile!
[name]Isabel[/name]

I love [name]Rosemary[/name]. [name]Rosie[/name] is an adorable nickname if she’s a girly-girl, and [name]Romy[/name] if she’s tomboyish or especially spinky. :slight_smile: I also love [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name], though!

Oh this is hard! I wouldn’t say they are my taste but there are 3 that I love. I guess my most favorite would have to be [name]Josephine[/name].

I know you said only one, but my other favorites are [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Violet[/name].

Does [name]June[/name] count? :slight_smile:

Hands down [name]Viola[/name], with [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Mae[/name] as 2nd and 3rd

I have to say [name]Evelyn[/name] because that is my daughters name… but if I have more than one daughter she will be
[name]Louisa[/name]. I adore this name. [name]Even[/name] though it doesn’t really have great nickname potentials other than [name]Lou[/name], I find it so beautiful and refined.

Runners up would be [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name].

Mine would have to be [name]Sadie[/name]!

People’s definition of vintage varies, so I’ll just stick to the ones on your list: (Some of which I wouldn’t think of as vintage.)

Honorable mentions are [name]Clara[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], and [name]Eleanor[/name].

My favorite would have to be [name]Josephine[/name] though. I love [name]Josie[/name] as a nickname.

[name]Beatrice[/name]! But I like [name]Beatrix[/name] more.

so of the traditional spellings definitely [name]Clementine[/name]

YES [name]Rosie[/name], or [name]Rose[/name] is so beautiful! I named my first [name]Rose[/name] and everyone loves it!

Definitely [name]Josephine[/name]. I used to have a wonderful great aunt named [name]Josephine[/name] (Aunt [name]Josie[/name]).
[name]Eleanor[/name] would come in 2nd, I love [name]Ellie[/name], as a nn. Growing up I had a neighbor ([name]Eleanor[/name], we called her Grandma [name]Ellie[/name]) who made the BEST cookies and would call my brother and I to come over just to have some cookies and visit with her. Make a long story short, she used to own a catering business that was out of my childhood house when she owned it! [name]Every[/name] time I hear that name, I think of her!
[name]Emma[/name] is 3rd, while it is oh so lovely, it is way too popular.

I love almost all of these names but my favorite vintage name is [name]Louisa[/name]. Swoon.

[name]Alberta[/name]! I love [name]Alberta[/name] nn [name]Birdie[/name]! As a runner up though, it would be [name]Ramona[/name] nn [name]Romy[/name]!