Given Name to get to NN "Andie"

I have spent my entire life adoring the nickname “[name_f]Andie[/name_f]” for a woman. However, I much prefer given names to be more proper than something like “[name_f]Andie[/name_f].” I have considered the given name “[name_f]Lavender[/name_f],” as I admire its femininity and natural feel. (Yes, I realize the match is not quite perfect, but let’s be real nicknames don’t always make perfect sense.)

My enigma is this: I adore [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] for its Victorian literary vibe, but I’m afraid other people will hear the name and associate it with hipster nature names like [name_f]Snow[/name_f] or [name_f]Apple[/name_f] (no offense hipster mamas and papas). I don’t want to spend her entire childhood explaining the literary history of [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] as a given name to total strangers.

That being said, what are your takes on [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] to “[name_f]Andie[/name_f],” OR other given names that can shorten to “[name_f]Andie[/name_f]?”

Thanks, Berries!

[name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] first came to mind as a way to get NN [name_f]Andie[/name_f] which is amazing but I absolutely adore [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] too. She’s actually in my signature below.

I wouldn’t say [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] to [name_f]Andie[/name_f] is too far out there. It won’t happen naturally, however. [name_u]Andrea[/name_u] or [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] would be more natural ways to get [name_f]Andie[/name_f].

I personally love [name_f]Lavender[/name_f], and I think it comes across as vintage Victorian, like a less popular version of [name_f]Violet[/name_f], and might be a hipster name name too, but I doubt it’s something anyone would point out or mention. I don’t know if many non namenerds would think much about any name’s image or literary significance (unless it’s super obvious), so I wouldn’t worry too much about [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]. It’s still a wonderful name, a really good way to get to [name_f]Andie[/name_f], and it’s more important you love it, so I’d say go for it. Apart from [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f] (which I also think is great) maybe Endora, Lysandra, [name_f]Leandra[/name_f], [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f], [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f], or my favourite name [name_f]Pandora[/name_f].

I just adore [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] with the nn [name_f]Andie[/name_f]! It totally works!

Other possibilities:

[name_u]Addison[/name_u]
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f]
[name_f]Adrienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrina[/name_f]
Carmendy
[name_u]Chandler[/name_u]
[name_u]Holland[/name_u]
[name_f]Ireland[/name_f]
[name_f]Leandra[/name_f]/Liandra
[name_f]Magdalena[/name_f]
[name_f]Melisandre[/name_f]
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f]
[name_u]Sheridan[/name_u]

My mom named me [name_u]Andrea[/name_u] just so she could call me [name_f]Andi[/name_f]. Although, I kind of wish it was spelt [name_f]Andee[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I also knew someone who named their daughter [name_m]Anderson[/name_m] and called them [name_f]Andie[/name_f].

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] that helps!

[name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]
[name_u]Andrea[/name_u]
[name_f]Ananda[/name_f]

I think that [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] works. Like you said nn doesn’t always have a connection to the name or “make sense”.

Other suggestions:’

[name_f]Alessandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Amanda[/name_f]
[name_f]Amandine[/name_f]
[name_f]Brandie[/name_f]
[name_f]Candice[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
Coriander
[name_f]Garland[/name_f]
Landrey/[name_u]Landry[/name_u]
[name_m]Lealand[/name_m]
[name_f]Leandra[/name_f]
Manderly
[name_f]Melisande[/name_f]
[name_f]Miranda[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadine[/name_f]
[name_m]Ryland[/name_m]
[name_f]Sandie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Scotland[/name_f]

Good luck :slight_smile:

My favorite way is [name_f]Miranda[/name_f]! It’s a beautiful, underused name.