Giving myself a headache but refuse to settle for anything but love!

I am trying to name my daughter that will be born this fall but never had this kind of problem with naming my son. I am going round and round and round. I made my DH remain quite until yesterday not to tell anyone what we were thinking. I got so tired of trying to figure this out on my own we decided to tell out parents. Huge mistake. Their comments hurt my feelings and now I just want to figure out something and keep it to myself until I am 100% sure. I had narrowed my final two down, twice, and now I’m starting over again. It is very important to me to love this name. I want it to go well with my son [name]Braylen[/name] [name]Andrew[/name] and also be somthing that is no so common. I don’t like nick names so what I name her is what I will call her. I don’t want another n sounding name. I would like something easy to say. Last name [name]Fox[/name]. I would like the potential middle name to be [name]Ruby[/name] but it’s not concrete. At this point I just want it to be beautiful, sweet, something she might love that 5 other girls in her class doesn’t have and something that doesn’t sound like [name]Braylen[/name]. I possibly could do a less common first and more traditional second. Could I please get some new ideas and help on a complete name. Thank you so much.

[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Ariel[/name]
[name]Jessica[/name]

Could you tell us what names you initially considered? [name]Just[/name] to give us a better feel for what you like.

[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Ariel[/name]
[name]Jessica[/name]

Could you tell us what names you initially considered? [name]Just[/name] to give us a better feel for what you like.

[name]Willa[/name] and [name]Miley[/name] were the first finalist which are now off the list. The next two were [name]Josie[/name] and Elliza. I want something easy. I feel like I have had to explain my sons first name so much I’m a little tired of it. I need something easy and fresh but pretty and somewhat uncommon.

Dont know your stle heres a wide range
[name]Elia[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Katia[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Mila[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Vienna[/name]
[name]Dawson[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Tierney[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Odelia[/name]
[name]Cambria[/name]
[name]Catalina[/name]
[name]Mallory[/name]

I love [name]Fiona[/name] and what about [name]Felicity[/name]? Would a F first name and F last name be ok? hmmm…

[name]Elisa[/name]
[name]Cate[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Marie[/name]
[name]Elora[/name]
[name]Geneva[/name]

I love [name]Felicity[/name]! [name]Fiona[/name] is good too.

Suggestions: [name]Christine[/name], [name]Caren[/name], [name]Luna[/name], [name]Juno[/name], [name]Joanne[/name], [name]Trine[/name], Rila, [name]Anne[/name], Laide, Evely, [name]Diane[/name], [name]Freya[/name]/[name]Freja[/name], [name]June[/name], [name]Ivonne[/name], [name]Judith[/name], [name]Lena[/name], [name]Leonora[/name], [name]Lora[/name], [name]Maribel[/name], [name]Noelle[/name], [name]Emily[/name], [name]Mona[/name], [name]Odette[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Roseanne[/name], Ulrikke, [name]Vivica[/name], [name]Winifred[/name] and [name]Zofia[/name]

:slight_smile:

It sounds to me like you like the L sound. If you want something easy that you don’t have to explain, I’d avoid names like Evely or [name]Elora[/name] which will need lots of explanation and also names like [name]Lora[/name] and [name]Elisa[/name] ([name]Elissa[/name], Elliza) that have so many variations that again, you get stuck with variations. With a simple last name that’s also a word – [name]Fox[/name] – you could go for more syllables with the first but I think also should avoid another name that’s also a word, such as [name]Lily[/name].

Fresh and pretty and easy yet not too common: I do like [name]Felicity[/name] with you and think it sounds great with [name]Fox[/name]. Like [name]Willa[/name] – too bad you let that one go. [name]Willow[/name] is pretty too but it’s a word. [name]Love[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]. [name]Hadley[/name] a bit trendy but adorable. [name]Celia[/name] or [name]Cecilia[/name]. [name]Arabella[/name] or [name]Carolina[/name]? [name]Lana[/name] or [name]Rosalie[/name]? [name]Paloma[/name] or [name]Paulina[/name]?

What middle name besides [name]Ruby[/name] would you put with [name]Felicity[/name]. Also DH mentioned [name]Jillian[/name] even though I didn’t want two children with n names. It’s very cute though. Thoughts on middle name for either?

[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Fox[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Fox[/name] are awesome. Definitely dont ask family that really screwed me up and I ended up changing my daughters name at 10 mos. Not cool. If you choose what you love it will be loved by everyone else eventually too. [name]Felicity[/name] has cute nn Flicka, [name]Lissie[/name] etc [name]Fiona[/name] is very pretty and straight forward.but not too common

[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Mae[/name] [name]Fox[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Willow[/name] [name]Fox[/name] -my fave
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Fox[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Fox[/name]

One name that came to mind is [name]Ariel[/name]. It think it sounds great with [name]Braylen[/name] and [name]Ariel[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] is a beautiful combination.

I think [name]Estelle[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Fox[/name] would be an adorable name. You don’t hear [name]Estelle[/name] alot anymore but there is definatley no need for explanation.

Other possibilities:
[name]Simone[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Lacey[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Heidi[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]

Ya’ll are great. I’m feeling much better. They are all nice. I would love to hear more! Right now I really like [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Fionna[/name], [name]Ariel[/name]. Any thoughts on hubby’s choice of [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]? [name]Do[/name] all of these go well with [name]Braylen[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]? Anything that would be similar to [name]Miley[/name] or [name]Josie[/name] that’s short and cute as well?

What about [name]Felicity[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Fox[/name]?

I like [name]Jillian[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] alot and it goes well with [name]Braylen[/name] [name]Andrew[/name] but I know you said you don’t want nicknames and [name]Jillian[/name] is very tempting to shorten to [name]Jill[/name].

[name]Kylie[/name] and [name]Sosie[/name] but sosie isnt very common and may put you in the same boat
[name]Mila[/name]-nn [name]Milly[/name] is super cute

[name]Mila[/name] [name]Ariel[/name] [name]Fox[/name]?

wyt?

oops no nicknames. [name]Mila[/name] is short enough

I like [name]Mila[/name] as well, had it on my list but n-law’s name is Mm, too close. That’s her real name and her grandma name for my son. This helps a lot. My hubby isn’t hard to please since he had his pick with our son and I can’t talk to family so it’s nice to talk to someone. Thank you. ok so far we have:

[name]Ariel[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Fionna[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]

I want a timeless not trendy shortened name along with a classic. These are great. I’ll keep looking and reading to see what else we can find! Oh and I’m ok with someone possibly shortening [name]Jillian[/name] becuase I will just correct them.