Gloria?

Hello! I am wanting to discuss/have feedback on the name [name_f]Gloria[/name_f]. She’s been popping into my head an awful lot recently.

My main draw to her is actually from a song lyric from a band/album both S/O and I love which is ‘e dolore magna [name_f]Gloria[/name_f]’ - ‘Out of great suffering comes glory’ and I just think it’s very poetic and sort of true for aspects of our lives.
I’ve also always adored the name [name_f]Rhea[/name_f] (ree-ah) so would consider [name_f]Gloria[/name_f] nn [name_f]Ria[/name_f].

Is [name_f]Gloria[/name_f] ready for a come back? And by come back I mean ‘go on my list’. I’m also a little bit in love with Gloriana but I think that might be a bit too frilly for my taste.

Thoughts and feelings regarding [name_f]Gloria[/name_f]? Thanks!

I am not a great fan, but I also have nothing against it. I think it sounds nice but I am feeling largely neutral toward it. I know/knew several Glorias. None that I am/was very close with, but all of them are nice. I do love its meaning and I think it’s ready for a comeback.

I think it’s very pretty!

I love [name_f]Gloria[/name_f]! I think it’s sweet but spunky, pretty without being frilly! Bring it back!!

TOTALLY due for a comeback! I quite like Gloriana too, very feminine and pretty.

I think it’s a very pretty name with lots of positive connotations. I don’t think it was ever really common enough to feel dated. I don’t think I’ve ever met a [name_f]Gloria[/name_f], but I would like to!

I love the name [name_f]Gloria[/name_f]. It’s a beautiful name with great meaning!

I think [name_f]Gloria[/name_f] is fabulous. I’ve played with the idea of using it, but as a secular Jew, it just seems too [name_m]Christian[/name_m]. Still, that could definitely be a plus for a lot of people!

Thank you all for the feedback! I think she’ll go on the list!

I’m also a (mostly) secular Jew and I don’t get that feel from [name_f]Gloria[/name_f]. I have almost nixed [name_m]Peter[/name_m], [name_m]Paul[/name_m], [name_m]Mark[/name_m], [name_m]Timothy[/name_m] and [name_m]John[/name_m] for feeling a bit too [name_m]Christian[/name_m] though!