Going crazy! Please vote

See the results of this poll: Arthur, Xavier, and …

Respondents: 16 (This poll is closed)

• Edmund: 6 (38%)
  • Leander: 2 (13%)
  • Lysander: 1 (6%)
  • Jasper: 6 (38%)
  • Booker: 0 (0%)
  • Luther: 1 (6%)
  • Evander: 0 (0%)
  • Edgar: 0 (0%)
  • Valor: 0 (0%)
  • Astor: 0 (0%)

I love [name]Xavier[/name] and like [name]Arthur[/name]. You seem to like the “ur/er” endings so I voted for [name]Jasper[/name] with [name]Lysander[/name] second.

Thanks for your input! My boyfriend doesn’t seem to like [name]Jasper[/name]. And I sort of feel like I’m backing myself into a corner with two ‘er’ names? I don’t know…

I think [name]Edmund[/name]. I do like several of the other names, but three -ur sound endings is quite noticeable and I personally would want to avoid it … Especially as the -a which a lot of girls’ names end in sounds virtually the same, and I just think it might all get a bit rhymey. Aside from that, [name]Edmund[/name] is strong, handsome, unusual but accessible, reminds me of The Chronicles of [name]Narnia[/name], and has a whole host of friendly and handsome (again) nicknames, including [name]Teddy[/name], [name]Ted[/name], [name]Ed[/name] and [name]Eddie[/name].

[name]Auburn[/name]

Yes, you may be backing yourself into a corner with your preference for the same endings. If [name]Arthur[/name] and [name]Xavier[/name] are set in stone, you could always use them for your first and second sons and choose something with a different ending for your third (eg. [name]Edmund[/name] from your list).

Thanks, girls, I do love [name]Edmund[/name] and so does my boyfriend! I think that would probably be his pick from this list. I’m thinking the middle name could be [name]Johannes[/name]? (boyfriend’s name is [name]John[/name] and we are of mostly [name]German[/name] heritage and the other boys would have [name]German[/name] middle names).

I love [name]Edmund[/name], but I’m not sure which nickname I would pick. I also like [name]Leander[/name], and like that it has an animal (lion) associated with it…

My fave nn for [name]Edmund[/name] is [name]NED[/name]!

Well, I personally would pick [name]Teddy[/name], which somehow manages to be both adorable on an infant and so handsome on an adult.

If you like [name]Edmund[/name], but the animal connection of [name]Leander[/name], how about :
[name]Leopold[/name], [name]Leonard[/name] - lion
[name]Bernard[/name], [name]Orson[/name], [name]Osborn[/name] - bear
[name]Conall[/name], [name]Conan[/name], [name]Lowell[/name] - wolf (or even [name]Wolf[/name] itself).

Alternatively, the mythical creature [name]Griffin[/name] makes a handsome name.

[name]Auburn[/name]

well [name]Arthur[/name] means bear, and [name]Xavier[/name] will have a middle name meaning wolf, so that’s why I liked the lion thing. and are you sure that it doesn’t sound weird NOT to have an ‘er’ ending with [name]Edmund[/name]? That’s why I like [name]Leander[/name], but I don’t know…

Maybe instead of [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Johannes[/name] it could be [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Leander[/name] or [name]Leander[/name] [name]Edmund[/name] or [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Llewellyn[/name] or something…

Oooohhh! Great ideas, [name]Auburn[/name]!

I voted for [name]Jasper[/name] but hadn’t thought about the repeating “ur” endings. I think that might prove a problem in the long run. I like [name]Edmund[/name], and if you are open to suggestions, there might be other great choices out there, like [name]Auburn[/name]'s suggestions.