going to therapy for the 1st time

DH and I are having some marital problems. Basically I am so unhappy with everything that I want to scream and run and hide and never come back but we have 2 beautiful healthy happy children–so I have to stay.
He refuses to do couples counseling so he has something all lined up for me with a therapist.
The truth is I dont think he wants to know what I am feeling. I’m afraid that if I go to therapy I’m gonna actually find out what the hell is going on with me and he is not going to like it.

Anyway my question is: what do I expect from my first visit. What questions do they ask and what do I need to be ready for?

I am really not hopeful that this is going to help. this is a last ditch effort to save what is left of us. I want to move on from this but I will go to therapy and I will get help!

I think it will be hard for anyone to really answer this for you because there are a lot of different types of therapy out there. One thing that is pretty universal is that you will be asked " what do you want to accomplish during therapy?" It seems really simple, but it really does set the tone for all of the sessions. I think it is brave to go to therapy even if your spouse refuses to go, and I hope you are able to find some answers.