good middle names for Livia.

hi everyone, [name]Just[/name] a quick search for a good name or two to accompany [name]Livia[/name].This name has such a rich history and lush sound I think it might be the one.The little ones sister is [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Lydia[/name] so I think I like the similar sounds of [name]Livia[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] (which I absolutely adore . By the way the surname is [name]Deane[/name](like [name]James[/name] dean). Thanks.

I love love love [name]Livia[/name]!!

I have [name]Livia[/name] [name]Carys[/name] as my top combo which I just adore! ([name]Carys[/name] as ‘karr-iss’ not ‘kair-iss’)

Others:

[name]Livia[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Cerys[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Charis[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Constance[/name] – I love [name]Livia[/name] with C names for some reason.
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Helene[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Kerensa[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Melisande[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Mireille[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Niamh[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Rosamund[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Therese[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Zoe[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Elea[/name] ,I am delightd with you names to go with [name]Livia[/name].I am beginning to feel very positive about [name]Livia[/name] now.I just love [name]Livia[/name] with, [name]Beatrice[/name],[name]Helene[/name]([name]Helena[/name] was my grans name), [name]Constance[/name](dh loves), [name]Susannah[/name](my own name is the abbreviated form),I just love [name]Zoe[/name] and have from the start so thanks for reminding me of it,[name]Rosalind[/name] (we both love this), [name]Rosamunde[/name],and [name]Charis[/name](I assume you’re pn. this Karr-iss also? Your naming style is very similar to my own so I really appreciate your ideas.thanks so much.

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Livia[/name]!!

[name]Livia[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Catriona[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Catharine[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Alexandrine[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Livia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

I’m so glad you like them! Yes, I prn [name]Charis[/name] as karr-iss as well, as this is closest to the original Ancient Greek pronunciation.

Objectively, I actually think [name]Charis[/name] fits better with [name]Livia[/name] than [name]Carys[/name] (even though they sound the same), as [name]Charis[/name] shares that elegant [name]Greco[/name]-[name]Roman[/name] style that [name]Livia[/name] has. I would just use [name]Carys[/name] personally because of my Welsh ancestry :wink:

I also like that with [name]Livia[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] she would have the same initials as her big sister! And it would honour you at the same time.

I really, really like the name [name]Livia[/name]- beautiful and strong at the same time. Infact, our second DD was nearly named [name]Livia[/name] but ended up as [name]Cecily[/name] after 2 weeks of deliberation. The main thing that put me off [name]Livia[/name] in the end was the similarity to [name]Olivia[/name] and the fact that lots of people would mistake her name for [name]Olivia[/name] as they hadn’t heard of [name]Livia[/name] and weren’t aware of the origins, etc. ([name]Olivia[/name] is the number one most popular name in the UK where we live). I am not trying to put you off, however, as I really do think it is a fantastic name (as is [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Lydia[/name]) but just trying to make sure you have thought about this!
I quite liked [name]Livia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Livia[/name] [name]Violet[/name] but a lot of the other suggestions are excellent :slight_smile:

Again [name]Elea[/name] I hadn’t thought of the similar ititials which might be a nice link between the girls so thanks for that.I agree about [name]Charis[/name] as being appropriate for my purposes.Looking at the list again I really like the look and sound of [name]Livia[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Deane[/name] -it just sounds well and looks and feels different and friendly.[name]Livia[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] is also very appealing and these A names brought to mind [name]Livia[/name] [name]Allegra[/name] and [name]Livia[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] or [name]Livia[/name] [name]Alexa[/name] (or have they too many L’s)?
Mummyof3 I appreciate your point re [name]Livia[/name] /[name]Olivia[/name] confusion and you probably have a point but I suppose I only know of one 8 year old [name]Olivia[/name] where I live so the effect may not be as bad here and I maybe a bit naive but I’m not worried about this.I also love [name]Olivia[/name] by the way and we have seriously considered this name.

I love [name]Livia[/name] with [name]Deane[/name], and I think that my favorite combo is [name]Livia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Deane[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I don’t have any suggestions to add, just to say that I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Livia[/name]!! I really hope you do go for it, it is such a beautiful name. I also think it evokes the qualities I know you were looking for, and goes perfectly with your surname. Hooray!

I think [name]Olivia[/name] is a beautiful name too. (It was just the confusion that I thought would end up irritating me as it is popular here). I mentioned that I loved [name]Livia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] when we were thinking of using [name]Livia[/name]. I just noticed, however, that your surname is [name]Deane[/name] so the initials would be LSD! I think [name]Livia[/name] [name]Alice[/name] is beautiful and several of the other combinations you have mentioned.