Good Ol' Rory

Hey guys! Today’s name crush is something a little more simple instead of my usual eccentric statement predilections.

[b][name_u]Rory[/name_u]

[/b]Short, sweet, and full of spunk.
All the things I could want in a shorter name.

The meaning of [name_u]Rory[/name_u] is; “red ruler”. Perfect for a redhead!

I will also reluctantly admit that yes… I did in fact, fall in love with [name_u]Rory[/name_u] after binge-watching [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m] Girls over the weekend. No shame.

So what are your opinions on good ol’ [name_u]Rory[/name_u]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it can stand on it’s own or should it be reserved as a nickname for [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]? Give me all your thoughts!

I’ve always loved the name [name_u]Rory[/name_u] for either sex (because of [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m] Girls as well). It’s such an ageless, interesting name that is familiar to people yet underused. I considered [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] nickname [name_u]Rory[/name_u] and [name_u]Rory[/name_u] on its own for my daughter before my partner vetoed both options. If we ever have a boy I’ll definitely try to convince him. Although to me [name_u]Rory[/name_u] is two syllables - I’m not sure if your comment about it being one syllable is a mistake?

Haha I just caught that! Yeah, that was an error, sorry I mean to say 2 syllables!"

I agree with all the things you said about the name. Personally I prefer a longer name, but I definitely don’t think it needs one. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] with the nickname [name_u]Rory[/name_u] was on my list a couple years ago, it’s so lovely!

Suggestions for longer names…
[name_f]Romilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Mallory[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Marjorie[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]

[name_u]Rory[/name_u] is pretty cute -sweet, funky and tough. I do prefer it as a nn for a girl but i think it could hold it’s own too. I think it makes a nice nn for [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanora[/name_f], [name_f]Astoria[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliora[/name_f] as well as [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]

I love [name_u]Rory[/name_u]! I definitely prefer it as a standalone name, for a boy or girl. I know a little 2-year-old [name_u]Rory[/name_u] girl and it suits her wonderfully. I think it is a great mix of spunky and sweet and boyish. Maybe it’s because of [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m] Girls, but it does also strike me as a very [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_f]England[/name_f] name for a girl.

I think [name_u]Rory[/name_u] as a standalone name is cool and spunky, but I would personally use it as a nickname for [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] or [name_f]Astoria[/name_f].