Goodbye Graham

So sad to let go of the name [name_m]Graham[/name_m], I love it so much but my husband will not budge! I have been trying to sway him for years but alas I must say goodbye. :joy:

My maiden name is [name_u]George[/name_u] and my husband has agreed to have [name_u]George[/name_u] as a MN but I can’t decide on a FN! If the name were up to me (other than [name_m]Graham[/name_m]) I would choose [name_u]George[/name_u] as a FN, [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] to be exact. Husband is not in love though. Other names we both like!

Cole
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_u]Julian[/name_u]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_u]Reed[/name_u]/Reid
[name_m]Will[/name_m]

We will take any and all suggestions!!

2 Likes

I think [name_u]George[/name_u] would sound best with a two-three syllable first name. Also if you like [name_m]Graham[/name_m] maybe you would like [name_u]Gray[/name_u]/Grey or [name_m]Grant[/name_m]! How about…

[name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u] “Cal”
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u] “Max or Wells”
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
William George “Will”
Jackson George “Jack”
Colson George “Cole”
Lucas George “Luke”
Luca George “Luke”

3 Likes

I really like [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u] !

Allan [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Murray[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]

1 Like

I really like [name_m]Grant[/name_m] but have a bad association with someone named [name_m]Grant[/name_m]! Such a shame!!

Love [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_m]Henry[/name_m] and [name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] nn [name_m]Wells[/name_m]!

This is so sad. [name_m]Graham[/name_m] is a beautiful name, soft and strong.

If I were president of the world, anyone not giving birth to the baby would simply be in an advisory capacity.

George [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] is also nice. Go for your second choice.

1 Like

I like [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u] too, I think it’s just a brain block because I’ve been saying [name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] for so long! [name_f]My[/name_f] uncle’s name is [name_m]Allen[/name_m] LN [name_u]George[/name_u] so that’s a no go I guess. I really like [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] nn [name_m]Josh[/name_m]!!

Thank you for the validation, I wholeheartedly agree! :joy:

Cole, [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_u]Julian[/name_u] are cool with [name_u]George[/name_u]!
How about [name_u]Luca[/name_u] instead of [name_m]Luke[/name_m]?
Or [name_u]Grady[/name_u] instead of [name_m]Graham[/name_m] :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]

I think names ending in “son” might work with [name_u]George[/name_u]!:
[name_m]Colson[/name_m]
[name_u]Grayson[/name_u] / [name_u]Gracen[/name_u]
[name_m]Ericson[/name_m]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_m]Garrison[/name_m] / [name_m]Harrison[/name_m]
[name_m]Jaxson[/name_m]
[name_m]Sampson[/name_m]
[name_m]Thompson[/name_m]

Also:
[name_m]William[/name_m] “will”
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_u]Peyton[/name_u]

1 Like

Of the options you have, I like [name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u] the best and also think [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u] sounds nice.

Other suggestions:
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]

1 Like

Jasper
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Tommy[/name_m]
[name_m]Joseph[/name_m]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_u]Wyatt[/name_u]
[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]

1 Like

Are you in [name_u]North[/name_u] [name_u]America[/name_u]? Perhaps it would make a difference how you are pronouncing [name_m]Graham[/name_m] to your husband; the American ‘[name_m]Gram[/name_m]’ or the British ‘[name_u]Gray[/name_u]-uhm’ ?

Another option could be [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] shortened to [name_m]Bram[/name_m] to give the American sound of [name_m]Graham[/name_m] as a compromise

1 Like

Ahh, I’m sorry to hear you’ve had to let go of your favourite :pensive: However, good for you for recognising that you can’t force someone to love a name, and accepting that it’s time to let it go. That’s a difficult thing for a name-lover to do!

I love your ideas so far. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_u]Julian[/name_u] seem to flow best to me. It’s not a must, but I think for the best flow with middle name [name_u]George[/name_u], you ideally want a 2+ syllable first name.

How about…

Joseph [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Griffin[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Harvey[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Colin[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Maxwell[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Lewis[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Jonah[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Fabian[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u] (breaks my 2-syllable rule but I like it!)

Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Julian [name_u]George[/name_u] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u] are great

Lucian [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Miles[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Riley[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u]

1 Like

Hi there.

You have a very fortunate maiden name. [name_u]George[/name_u] is so cute in the nn spot. I like [name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u]. Would you husband be any more on board if it were [name_m]Graeme[/name_m]? I personally prefer that spelling; said the same way.

Here are my thoughts on the rest of the list:

Cole-I think this is okay. Some days I think it sounds really fresh & cool, but then when I say it out loud it sounds off as a name. I prefer [name_m]Nicolas[/name_m] nn [name_m]Cole[/name_m]. [name_m]Nicolas[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u] sounds great too.

Isaac-[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u] flows very nice & the styles match well. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] doesn’t sparkle that much to me, but it’s a good solid handsome name. A little bit popular, but not too bad.

Jack-This is even more popular than [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], but I love it. [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is so friendly & sporty. [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u] doesn’t have the best flow, but no big deal since it’s a special name. It doesn’t sound horrible.

John-Meh, I don’t know. I don’t like the boring-ness of [name_m]John[/name_m], but sometimes I feel like [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is too nick-namey & [name_m]John[/name_m] nn [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is fun.

Jude-Also not great w/George, but it’s fine. [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is beautiful. Handsome, soft yet deep if that makes any sense. It’s not so much soft as it is warm.

Julian-I love it! It’s one of my top three favorite names, & [name_u]Julian[/name_u] [name_u]George[/name_u] sounds great. Also, you could do [name_u]Julian[/name_u] nn [name_u]Jude[/name_u] to get two of your favorites for one.

Luke-This is a good solid name. It doesn’t wow me, but it’s a nice choice.

Reed/Reid-I’m not a huge fan of this one. It just sounds bland for some reason.

Will-I love [name_m]William[/name_m] & [name_u]Billy[/name_u], but just [name_m]Will[/name_m] seems too nick-namey on its own. [name_m]Will[/name_m] is so popular too. Maybe [name_m]Wilson[/name_m] if you don’t like [name_m]William[/name_m]?

Here are a few others that you may like:

August

Adrian

Bennett

Clark

Daniel

Elliott

Emmett

Finn

Hugh

Henry

Joel

James

Knox

Levi

Max

Nathan

Nathaniel

Owen

Paul

Rafe

Rhys

Samuel

Simon

Winston

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Graham was at the top of my boy list! Here are the other names on the list in case we have similar styles:

Emmett
[name_m]Merrick[/name_m]
[name_u]Mack[/name_u]
[name_m]Hank[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]

Good luck!

2 Likes

I don’t care for the soft G (or J) sound in both the first and middle - [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u], [name_m]John[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u], etc.

I like [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]George[/name_u] a lot!

1 Like

So I have boys named [name_m]Grant[/name_m], [name_u]Reid[/name_u] & [name_m]Cole[/name_m] so I think we have similar style :grin:

Obviously I love those 3…

Other names that were on my shortlist:
[name_u]Miles[/name_u]
[name_u]Drew[/name_u]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_u]Dane[/name_u]

I also think [name_u]Carter[/name_u], [name_m]Conor[/name_m] & [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] sounds great with [name_u]George[/name_u]!

Good luck

1 Like

Cole [name_u]George[/name_u] gets my vote!

2 Likes

George is a great middle middle name. I wouldn’t give up on [name_m]Graham[/name_m] - if someone else gestated and birthed my baby, I’d be happy for them to name it [name_m]Graham[/name_m]. I like [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and would suggest [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m], [name_u]Callum[/name_u], [name_m]Colin[/name_m], [name_m]Alastair[/name_m], [name_m]Adam[/name_m], [name_u]Eli[/name_u], [name_m]Ian[/name_m], [name_m]Gareth[/name_m], [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m], [name_u]Evan[/name_u], [name_u]Lionel[/name_u].

1 Like