Gordon?

What are your thoughts on the name [name_m]Gordon[/name_m]?

Honestly I love it! It feels vintage without being stuffy and has strength without being too harsh on the ears.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it. [name_m]Gordie[/name_m] is such a cute nickname, while [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] is a distinguished yet down to earth full name.

I think it’s great and would love to hear more of it. It sounds on-trend and I am kind of surprised it is not more used.

I’m actually also surprised that it’s not used more often. Definitely so handsome, go for it!

So so cute!

I have a lot of mixed feelings about it. I know a lot of Gordons, all over sixty, and it was my grandpa’s name, so I feel quite a strong connection to it, but as a name by itself I don’t love it. My grandpa went by Gogo in his friend group as a child, which I think is a cute nickname.

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m]!!!

It’s so ripe for a comeback! I know/ know of many, many Gordons between the ages of 45 and 90, but under 45 I think it was supplanted by [name_u]Jordan[/name_u]? [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] is one of those names that seems equally at ease on any guy, from the nerdy to the sporty (probably thanks to [name_m]Gordie[/name_m] [name_m]Howe[/name_m], who retired from hockey years before I was born, but is still one of the few NHL players I could name offhand). [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] the Engine is a pretty major plus in the toddler and preschool years.

I’ve been rethinking my lists recently, and [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] is one that I’m considering on the basis of my current favourites ([name_m]Roger[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]). It would probably replace [name_m]Griffith[/name_m] in my top 10.

I agree with this :point_down:

Nickname [name_m]Gordie[/name_m] is adorable!

I have a friend named [name_m]Gordon[/name_m], it suits him well. He goes by [name_m]Gordo[/name_m] or [name_m]Gordie[/name_m] for a nickname.

If I didn’t have the name already associated with him, I’d probably use it.

It makes me think of [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] [name_m]Ramsay[/name_m] (who I like a lot, so I dont mind that association!)

I agree, I think [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] is ready for a comeback. I especially like the nicknames [name_m]Gordie[/name_m] and Gogo.

I’m not a fan. It makes me think of an older man.

[name_m]Gordon[/name_m] Lightfoot is a Canadian folk singer (love his music). [name_m]Flash[/name_m] [name_m]Gordon[/name_m], comic book/movie. If your curious what the name might remind people of. I like the name [name_m]Gordon[/name_m] myself.

[name_m]Ah[/name_m] yes! Lovin’ the positive comments about [name_m]Gordon[/name_m]. Apparently its own of the most Canadian names, which I love, as I’m from [name_f]Canada[/name_f]! I also really like the nickname [name_m]Gordie[/name_m] :slight_smile:

1 Like