Grace and Mason?

I’m new here and have been reading a lot of info. I never knew there was so much science to naming children. I’ve decided I best start asking for advice! Our first born was a girl and we had the name [name]Grace[/name] picked out since our first pregnancy (we lost our first two). Now we are trying to pick a boy name and we both have a couple of names we like, but don’t agree. I made a huge list and one of the names we both like is [name]Mason[/name]. Of course now I found out it’s rather popular, although we don’t know of any ourselves. We still like it. But is it too similar to [name]Grace[/name]? I’ve read a lot of the sibset discussions. There is very, very little chance we will have a third child so I’m not worried too much about having to name a third one similarly. But suggestions for a third would be welcome too.

Other info: I like [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]. He likes: [name]Cable[/name], [name]Gage[/name], [name]Bishop[/name], and [name]Gabriel[/name].

We’ve got about two months to have a name so I’m starting to panic.

Thanks!

[name]Grace[/name] and [name]Mason[/name] might be too close to some, but if they’re both names you love then why not be able to use both? It’s about what you and your husband want, ultimately.

Personally I like them both, and if you want to use [name]Mason[/name] then go ahead! I only know one [name]Mason[/name], although it is supposedly gaining popularity. I also really like [name]Caleb[/name], especially with [name]Grace[/name]. Not too crazy about the others (do like [name]Eli[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] though) but again, it’s about what you want! :slight_smile:

Good luck and congrats! [name]Hope[/name] everything goes well for you guys.

[name]Grace[/name], [name]Mason[/name], [name]Cable[/name], [name]Gage[/name], [name]Caleb[/name] and [name]Gabriel[/name] all have the ‘long A sound’. Which means it obviously appeals to you both! If you went with a [name]Long[/name] A sound it may make you feel obliged to choose it again if you have future children- worth considering.

I think they sound OK, but agree that [name]Caleb[/name] sounds a bit stronger as even though the [name]Long[/name] A sound is in there the focus sound seems more balanced by the “eb” part making it sound different.

[name]Grace[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] sound very solid and traditonal together. I like them as a sibling set!

[name]Bishop[/name] and [name]Eli[/name] are NMS.
emiliaj

Why not? They both have the same “ace” sound but otherwise I think they’re fine. Does [name]Grace[/name] go by a nn? I think something like [name]Gracie[/name] and [name]Mason[/name] further distinguishes them. I really love the idea of [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Caleb[/name] or [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Eli[/name], though!

Good luck!

Thanks, y’all. We are still working on it. ashtehdreamer, you obviously like [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Caleb[/name] as names. :slight_smile: We don’t use a nn too often with [name]Grace[/name]. I’m a little afraid we’ll start saying [name]Grace[/name]-son or [name]Mace[/name]. Ha! I’ll be back when I have more input from DH. nj003, [name]Cable[/name], [name]Gage[/name] and [name]Bishop[/name] are no-go’s, I won’t give in on those. :slight_smile: