Grace's Name of the Week! Micah

Okay, so my husband and I still can’t agree on a name for our son who is due this spring. We have decided to give him a new name each week and refer to him only as that name for that week. We are hoping this will make the names more real, and tangible, and hopefully one will stick out.

This week his name is [name]Micah[/name].

Here are my concerns:
Is it too biblical (I don’t want him too religious of a name)
Is is too girly?
Does it sound okay with our last name (sounds like Kutcher)?
Any other input???

I don’t believe it’s too biblical, and definitely not too feminine for my taste. As for fitting with your last name, it is a bit of a mouthful… There are a lot of hard K sounds in there.

Not too Biblical, but it sounds a bit on the religious side. Not too girly. Not really okay with the last name, though - a whole lot of K sound in there! Maybe [name]Elijah[/name], [name]Jonah[/name], [name]Judah[/name], or [name]Noah[/name] could be alternatives. [name]Even[/name] [name]Micaiah[/name] would be better, but that is verging on craziness with that spelling! For a similar sound, maybe [name]Miles[/name], [name]Milo[/name], [name]Mischa[/name], or [name]Mitchell[/name] could work, too.

This week his name is [name]Micah[/name].

Here are my concerns:
Is it too biblical – I don’t think of this as a biblical name
Is is too girly – [name]Micah[/name] is a unisex name

I also stumble over the back to back k sounds. Other than that, I like the name (to me not girly or religious sounding at all) but with Kutcher I probably wouldn’t use it.
[name]Jonah[/name] is a good alternative.

I really like this name. I like Miciah as well. I think it’s likely to be confused for a girl’s name.

I don’t think it sounds too biblical.

I wouldn’t call it “girly”, but I do think it’s unisex.

I agree with the previous comment about the K sounds, but I don’t think it sounds bad with your last name. Other names might flow better, but, again, I don’t think it’s bad.

[name]Micah[/name] is a man in the Bible…but i know only 4 and 3 are girls. In the baby name book it says it’s unisex, but used more for a girl. I automatically think of micah from the Bible and my new DD due in [name]April[/name] will have [name]Micaiah[/name] as a mn. She is king [name]Judah[/name]'s wife in the Bible. All that being said… Bible -yes, Girly- open for interpretaion. Awesome name though. [name]Love[/name] [name]Jonah[/name] better.