Gradin?

I’ve been messing around with a few boys names we like trying to make them work with a sibset (I posted in the sibling section too, looking for boys/girls names to go with [name]Auden[/name] and [name]Reed[/name] for baby number three, due [name]October[/name] 1st!):

Is Gradin even a name? What do you think of it? We love, love, love the nickname [name]Gray[/name]/[name]Grey[/name], but want to keep it just that - a nickname. Would Gradin work as a full name?

Thoughts? Suggestions for other full names that would suit the nickname [name]Gray[/name]?

I actually love it spelled [name]Graydon[/name]. Gradin reminds me of grating cheese. There is also [name]Grayson[/name] or [name]Greyson[/name].

Not a fan of Gradin. It sounds terribly trendy :frowning:
I like the nn [name]Gray[/name], though :slight_smile:
Would you consider using [name]Graham[/name] as the full name? It’s very handsome and elegant, but also cute on a little boy, and I don’t think shortening to [name]Gray[/name] is a stretch at all.

I only know Gradin spelled as [name]GRAYDON[/name] (first name of the editor of Vanity Fair magazine). Gradin looks like it was made up.

This name makes me think you are a teacher who really enjoys gradin’ papers.

I would spell it [name]Graydon[/name]. However, it would be lumped into the overly trendy [name]Aiden[/name]/[name]Brayden[/name]/[name]Caden[/name]/[name]Hayden[/name] phenomenon. [name]Ive[/name] even met a [name]Tayden[/name] and [name]Zayden[/name]. It is getting to the point where every little boy is going to have a rhyming name.