Graham or Henry

I love the name [name]Graham[/name]. My husband likes it but he loves [name]Henry[/name]. We had decided on [name]Henry[/name] until today when he announced that if [name]Graham[/name] is really that important to me I can have it and he would get used to it. I had made my peace with not naming the baby [name]Graham[/name] because I didn’t want to force my husband into a name he didn’t love, but now that it is kinda on the table I can’t let it go. I’m not sure I can live with myself knowing that my husband would rather name him [name]Henry[/name]. [name]Graham[/name] is a family name with a lot of meaning to me but my husband’s feelings mean a lot to me too. If we go with [name]Henry[/name] I will definitely use [name]Graham[/name] for a middle name but I just can’t let it go for a first name yet. [name]Do[/name] I selfishly name the baby [name]Graham[/name] (and my husband resents me or hates using the name) or do I go with [name]Henry[/name] but regret my decision every single day? Help! C-section is scheduled for one week from now :frowning:

P.S. my other son’s name is [name]Oliver[/name]. Does one name go better than the other with [name]Oliver[/name]?

I think [name]Henry[/name] goes better with [name]Oliver[/name] but declare my bias as I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Henry[/name]. I don’t mean to throw a spanner in the works but I think you need to find a name you both truly love. Are there any other contenders?

I am also a huge fan, but I agree with titch that [name]Henry[/name] sounds better with [name]Oliver[/name] (although [name]Graham[/name] isn’t bad). Are there any other choices?

[name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] are IMHO a match made in heaven.
Personally I dislike [name]Graham[/name] for a few reasons: 1) has lots of spellings 2) I have lots of uncles of this name who are all 50s/60s age so it seems very old fashioned to me 3) isn’t there a cracker called a [name]Graham[/name] cracker in the US?

I think they both go with [name]Oliver[/name] nicely ([name]Henry[/name] a bit better), but I love [name]Graham[/name] more.

I think the best thing though, is to use [name]Graham[/name] as a middle and [name]Henry[/name] as a first, then everyone gets to use the name they love. [name]Henry[/name] [name]Graham[/name] is very handsome and you could still call him [name]Graham[/name] sometimes since it’s still part of his name.

[name]Graham[/name] [name]Henry[/name] doesn’t sound that bad either if you wanted to go with that.

[name]Henry[/name] definitely “goes” with [name]Oliver[/name]! I love the idea of [name]Henry[/name] [name]Graham[/name].

I like both…will you heaving any more children where you might want to save one of the names for possible use next time? I like [name]Henry[/name] but its popularity would shy me away if it were me.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Graham[/name]… It was my top choice and nearly my son’s name, but we went with a name DH liked more. So, I totally understand your feelings since I went through the same thing. [name]Henry[/name] [name]Graham[/name] really flows together, so I’d go with that… Unless you want to save [name]Graham[/name] for a potential third boy! Good luck, and congratulations! Either way, he is going to have a handsome name!

[name]Graham[/name] is wonderful name. It sounds gallant.

It may be too late to suggest this but if you and your husband both don’t love each others names; maybe you should just chose another name. A name you both like that isn’t number 1 and last for you both.

Thank you for all of the replies! Everyone has confirmed what I already knew to be true. [name]Graham[/name] is a wonderful name but [name]Henry[/name] is also wonderful and it is something that my husband and I both agree on. At 39 weeks it is hard to jump off the emotional roller coaster and think rationally. Thank you for the support. [name]Henry[/name] [name]Graham[/name] will be here soon! :slight_smile: