Graham

As my husband and I are narrowing down our lists, [name]Graham[/name] seems to be sitting at the top of the Boy List. The challenge comes with the middle name, we use family names and nothing is really clicking “perfectly” for me.

Here is what we have:

[name]Graham[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]

I would prefer [name]Graham[/name] [name]James[/name]. Does it flow ok? Or do the two one-syllable names sound too choppy next to one another?

Other names that we are considering for a boy are:
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Reed[/name] - this is concerning me because many name sites have this listed as “unisex.”

Thank you, all!

[name]Graham[/name], is a great name, its on my list too. I like [name]Grant[/name] and [name]Reed[/name] as well. And [name]IMO[/name], [name]Reed[/name] is 100% boy.
As far as your list, I think [name]Graham[/name] [name]Jameson[/name] has the best flow and ring to it. [name]Graham[/name] [name]James[/name] would be second pick from your list. I don’t think [name]Graham[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] would work, the /am/ sound is the same in both names which sounds a little awkward. [name]Even[/name] though [name]Graham[/name] [name]Jameson[/name]/[name]James[/name] also has the “am” spelling, the value of the sound is different so it sounds good. In the “am” in [name]Jameson[/name]/[name]James[/name], the ‘a’ is long whereas in [name]Graham[/name] it is not.
As far as syllables go, the 1-3 of [name]Graham[/name] [name]Jameson[/name] is preferable to the 1-1 of [name]Graham[/name] [name]James[/name]
Good [name]Luck[/name] :slight_smile:

I love [name]Graham[/name] and [name]James[/name] (they are my brother and brother-in-law’s names), but I don’t think they flow well. [name]Graham[/name] [name]Jameson[/name] sounds better.

I love the name [name]Graham[/name] too. And I like all the other names you listed, too. I think both [name]James[/name] and [name]Samuel[/name] sound a little too similar to [name]Graham[/name] though to flow perfectly. And for some reason, a lot of the names paired with [name]Graham[/name] sound a little bit like they have been reversed, like really they would sound better in the other direction (for example, [name]Henry[/name] [name]Graham[/name] and [name]Miles[/name] [name]Graham[/name] both sound really good to me but the reverse not as much). Maybe a longer middle name like [name]Everett[/name], [name]Nicholas[/name], [name]Elliott[/name], [name]Frederick[/name], [name]Oliver[/name], etc?

I’m assuming you say [name]Graham[/name] like [name]Gram[/name]? I know most Americans do (including myself), but it actually is originally said like [name]Graeme[/name] - similar to grey-um. Anyway, my point in asking is to be able to fit it with the middle names. I love [name]Graham[/name] (pronounced either way, although I automatically go with gram). I also love [name]James[/name]. But there is something a little jolting in the transition between the two. I do think you need a multiple-syllable middle name with [name]Graham[/name]. [name]Graham[/name] [name]Henry[/name] is very handsome. [name]Jameson[/name] and [name]Samuel[/name] work as well.

I have never seen [name]Reed[/name] used on a female. I have no idea why it’s considered unisex on some sites. Bizarre. 100% boy to me. Actually, I really love all your boy choices! Excellent taste :slight_smile:

[name]Graham[/name] is on our list too and I think I like it best with a 3 syllable middle (although it depends on your LN, of course). To me [name]Graham[/name] [name]James[/name] sounds a little too choppy. [name]How[/name] about:

[name]Graham[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Everett[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Emerson[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Isaiah[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Josiah[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Ozias[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]

My personal favorite is [name]Graham[/name] [name]Everett[/name]. Good luck!

Thank you all.

We do have one other middle name choice, [name]Louis[/name]. [name]Graham[/name] [name]Louis[/name]. I really love how it sounds. It seems to be one of our only choices with a really good flow.

[name]Graham[/name] really seems to be at the top for us but our middle name choices don’t pair as well as I would like.

[name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Pierce[/name] are also on the short list but I hesitate. [name]Pierce[/name] seems so sharp.