Grandfather Names! Help!

[name]Don[/name]'t you wish people you wanted to honor always had good names? UG! That would make life so much easier. I love my grandfather. He is such a hard working, funny, honorable man. I would so like to use his name in my son’s name somewhere (first name? middle name?) but my problem as you would guess, I don’t like his name at all. Does that sound horrible? His name is [name]Gilbert[/name]. He goes by his middle name, [name]Lanier[/name]. Most people actually call him [name]Cal[/name] though. Okay I need help. Can anyone get nicknames out of these names? What about using them as a middle name? What first names would sound good with [name]Gilbert[/name] and [name]Lanier[/name]? Would they make them sound less horrible? My name taste for boys tends to go with short simple names. I like [name]Luke[/name], [name]Max[/name], [name]Nash[/name], [name]Hunter[/name], [name]Abraham[/name] ([name]Bram[/name]), [name]Noah[/name], [name]West[/name],[name]Jude[/name], [name]Ford[/name]… I like [name]Cal[/name] okay, but I think it would sound awful with my girl names which potentally could end in trouble. Thanks in advance. ~SJ

Ok, not actually horrible bases to work with. From [name]Gilbert[/name] you could get [name]Gillis[/name] or Gilroy. [name]Lanier[/name] could translate to [name]Lane[/name], [name]Landon[/name], or [name]Lance[/name]. [name]Cal[/name] could become [name]Caleb[/name], [name]Calvin[/name], [name]Callum[/name], or [name]Cael[/name].

All the men in my family share the same initials, [name]CAL[/name], so I have been wracking my brain trying to think of something to honor that too, without using [name]Cal[/name]. I found [name]Calix[/name], which I think it very cool. I also think you could go with [name]Lane[/name] for [name]Lanier[/name]. You could always go with what you love for a first name and use [name]Lanier[/name] in the middle spot. [name]Gilbert[/name] is just a hard one!

[name]Gilbert[/name]. He goes by his middle name, [name]Lanier[/name]. Most people actually call him [name]Cal[/name]

What about [name]Callahan[/name], [name]Calvin[/name], [name]Callaway[/name]… you could also use part of a name and make it into another.

I really like the name [name]Nash[/name] that you had. What about
[name]Nash[/name] Calaway
[name]Nash[/name] [name]Callahan[/name]
[name]Nash[/name] [name]Caleb[/name]
Using Lan from [name]Lanier[/name]:
[name]Max[/name] Lannon
[name]Landon[/name] [name]Nash[/name] (He could go by his MN)

Other strong one syllable names that may go with these middle names:
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Crew[/name]
[name]Colt[/name]
Brave
[name]Dash[/name]
[name]Cash[/name]
[name]Storm[/name]