Grayson for a girl??

My husband is obsessed with the name [name_u]Gray[/name_u] and really wants to name our daughter (due in [name_u]December[/name_u]) [name_m]Grayson[/name_m]…what are your thoughts?

[name_m]Grayson[/name_m] is all boy to me. I think [name_f]Grace[/name_f] with the nickname [name_u]Gray[/name_u] works really well.

I don’t think it doesn’t work. It is manly, but so are [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] and [name_u]Avery[/name_u], and [name_u]Gray[/name_u] is pretty unisex. If you are worried it will cause her problems (that she will be confused with a boy on paper or sth), you could pair it up with a feminine mn. I like it!

I love the idea of [name_f]Grace[/name_f] nn [name_u]Gray[/name_u]. Otherwise I’d just go with [name_u]Gray[/name_u] and give her a feminine middle name.
I wouldn’t use [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] for a girl.

I know a [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] for a girl but they have spelt it [name_f]Gracen[/name_f]. Looks more girly to me spelt that way.

I think the name would be nice for a girl spelled [name_f]Gracen[/name_f] or Gracyn :slight_smile:

I think you should just call her [name_u]Grey[/name_u] get fancy with the middle name and be done with it.

I wouldn’t name a girl something with -son on the end.
I like the suggestions of spelling it Gracyn.

I’ve also heard of [name_f]Gracen[/name_f] being used for a girl. Your options in order of my preference are:

• Use [name_f]Grace[/name_f], nn [name_u]Gray[/name_u]
  • Use [name_u]Gray[/name_u] with a super girly mn
  • Use [name_f]Gracen[/name_f]

[name_m]Grayson[/name_m] is a boy’s name. I wouldn’t use it on a girl.

I would use [name_f]Gracen[/name_f]/Gracyn as spellings. Giving her a feminine middle name doesn’t really help her in everyday life because most of the time, others don’t even know our middle names. [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] with son in the spelling reads all-boy.

I think it’s silly to name your daughter a boy’s name and then use a feminine middle name - middle names are rarely used in every day life, so unless it’s [name_m]Grayson[/name_m]-[name_f]Jane[/name_f], or [name_m]Grayson[/name_m]-[name_f]Marie[/name_f], how is anyone going to know that she’s a girl at a quick glance from an attendance sheet?

I would use [name_f]Grace[/name_f], or even [name_f]Gracen[/name_f] or [name_f]Gracelyn[/name_f] and use [name_u]Gray[/name_u] as a nickname.

To me [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] is a boys name, but [name_u]Gray[/name_u] is totally usable on a girl. [name_m]How[/name_m] about Gracyn (or Graceyn), it sounds pretty much like [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] but is simply feminine

Actually, I don’t mind [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] for a girl. I know people with boys called [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] and the nickname they use is [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] which just makes it feel way more appropriate for girls if you ask me. If you like it, go for it.

Despite all the berries saying they don’t like it, I think of [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] as a girl’s name. I went to elementary and junior high school (in the 1980s and 1990s) with a girl named [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] and she is the only person I have encountered with the name. It fit her perfectly and I always thought that it was a cool name. She went by her full name, too. If you like it, do it! It’s not unheard of.

I adore [name_u]Grey[/name_u]/[name_u]Gray[/name_u] on any gender and I would just use that. I don’t think the extra -son is necessary and it does nudge it to the masculine side of things.