Greek and Roman mythology names and name like them :)

I have recently noticed i have a love from greek and roman mythology names! And i think it has alot to do with loving loooong names (i recently read the blog ‘thats a lotta name’ and realized i have a love for the mouth full names haha)! And i was wondering if anyone could possibly list the names of greek and roman mythology that they know and list others that they think fit the type :slight_smile: Thanks!

Also really quick, Me and Hubby had decided to use [name]Philippa[/name] for a future daughter, however today i ran across [name]Philomena[/name] and i [name]LOVE[/name]it! However they are [name]WAY[/name] to close for comfort! So which do you personally prefere? [name]Philippa[/name] or [name]Philomena[/name]? Thanks again! :slight_smile:

I love Greek and Latin/[name]Roman[/name] names, too. :slight_smile: Behind the Name has great lists of names from mythology:

I prefer [name]Philomena[/name] to [name]Philippa[/name]-- I think it’s lovely. I actually know a little [name]Philomena[/name] who goes by [name]Mena[/name].

I prefer [name]Philippa[/name]. It’s much snappier and more versatile.

[name]Philomena[/name] w/ a nn [name]Mena[/name] sounds like a great choice. I prefer that over [name]Phillipa[/name] personally.

Great [name]Roman[/name] names! Yay!

[name]Julia[/name] (my own name)
[name]Augusta[/name]

Actually, my husband and I both have [name]Roman[/name] names and we named our daughter a [name]Roman[/name] name as well. I like the theme.

Can I add [name]Victoria[/name] and [name]Sylvia[/name]! Great names!

[name]Minerva[/name]
[name]Olympia[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Atalanta[/name]

I like these ones :smiley:

[name]Antigone[/name] (pronounced An-tig-o-nee)
[name]Jocasta[/name]
[name]Electra[/name]/[name]Elektra[/name]
[name]Athena[/name]
[name]Halcyon[/name]/[name]Alcyone[/name]

I thought it was funny that you mentions [name]Antigone[/name] because that is one of the ONLY plays i remember reading in highschool, haha. But thanks so much everyone for all your name suggestions! :slight_smile:

Ha! That’s the first thing I thought of when I read the name [name]Antigone[/name], too. I think [name]Phillipa[/name] sounds fresher and more attractive. I love the idea of choosing a mythological baby name. When you’re named after a goddess, success tends to follow. Think of companies like [name]Nike[/name] and and [name]Sephora[/name], both the names of goddesses. Not that your child is a company…