greek girls name

We have a three wk old baby girl, sister to [name]Benjamin[/name], [name]Anastasia[/name] and [name]Eleni[/name], and a 5 syllable greek last name starting Ev. Her middle name will be [name]Ruth[/name] (a family name), but we cant agree on a first name.

We have considered [name]Phoebe[/name] (went off it after a couple of days), [name]Tessa[/name] (love it, and means 4th child and late summer in greek, but husband not convinced), and [name]Athene[/name]. Also like [name]Xenia[/name] (prn ksen-ya), but might be tricky for people to pronounce right.

Any other suggestions?

[name]Daphne[/name]! [name]Sophia[/name]! [name]Paris[/name]! [name]Eva[/name]! [name]Thea[/name]! SOOOO many good greek names.

[name]Daria[/name]
[name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Charis[/name]
[name]Demi[/name]
[name]Corinna[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]

[name]Thea[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] would be so adorable. I also really like [name]Athene[/name].

Other options:
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Iva[/name]
Korinna
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Maia[/name]
[name]Melina[/name]
[name]Thera[/name]

Yes, love [name]Tessa[/name], and its fitting, like “[name]Tess[/name]” even more for short, and since you likely have a long last name maybe isn’t such a bad idea to spare her on the first. I also like [name]Theodora[/name] and calling her “[name]Teddy[/name].”

By the way, out of curiosity, what have you been calling her for the past 3 weeks? Go with your gut and give that little girl a name! Congrats!

[name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Charis[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Clio[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Cosima[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Nerissa[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Calliope[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Phaedra[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Sybil[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Sofia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Stefania[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Eirene[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Thekla[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Thalassa[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Theodosia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Dimitra[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Alexia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
Despina [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Angeliki[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
Vasiliki [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Calista[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Alethea[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Alida[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Diantha[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Electra[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Larissa[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Olympia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Thalia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Xanthe[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]

Thank you for all the ideas (and to those who agree with me re [name]Tessa[/name]). As pickles says, there are so many good greek names. A couple of you have suggested [name]Charis[/name], which was my original first choice, but my husband didn’t like it at all. I like [name]Sofia[/name], but its so popular- I know half a dozen little Sofias. [name]Thalia[/name] is pretty- would you pronounce it with a ‘th’ or a ‘t’ sound?
[name]Mischa[/name]- we considered [name]Olympia[/name], (nm [name]Ollie[/name] is cute), but perhaps a bit to topical here in the UK after [name]London[/name] 2012 Olympics!
Kiktat26, we have been trying out names on her, but mostly she has been ‘the baby’ or ‘the little one’!
Lots of food for thought so far- thanks.

Traditionally [name]Thalia[/name], like [name]Thalassa[/name] (another beautiful Greek name), would be pronounced with a th sound.

I think [name]Zoe[/name] is the perfect name - let alone a Greek name. And it means Life. I’d have chosen it for my daughter (still unnamed and even older than yours) - but I had a dog [name]Zoe[/name] …

My sisters are [name]Phoebe[/name] and [name]Anthea[/name] - I see you went off [name]Phoebe[/name] but what about Anthea or Athena?

We finally decided on [name]Tessa[/name], and are relieved to have a name for her at last.
[name]Riva[/name], did you name your baby yet?

Best wishes, and thanks for your help.

abbipinkfairy

Didn’t see all of the post until now, Tessa is a beautiful choice!