Green eyed, beautiful & awkward...

What name would you think of for a girl who has green/blue eyes, brown hair (blonde when young), tall and thin, and beautiful… but awkward? My husband is a space physicist and I was slightly nerdy myself when I was young…so we have a feeling our future little girl will be very smart and kind of nerdy :wink: Luckily for her, she should be pretty too! Here are some names we are throwing around… Opinions and suggestions would be great!

[name]Veronica[/name] [name]Sydney[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]June[/name] ([name]Pippa[/name])
[name]Evelyn[/name]…
[name]Ariadne[/name]…

We are TTC now and if we have a boy he will be [name]Felix[/name] [name]Newton[/name]. We will have at least 3…so are looking for a great sib set.

Unfortunately your child has more chance of being nothing like you described (especially in personality). Having smart or nerdy parents doesn’t predispose you to being the same. I think you should choose a name that you love and your child will make that name what ever she will.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Veronica[/name] [name]Sydney[/name]!

Hahaha, i love your description! Especially the “luckily for her, she should be pretty too!”

[name]Veronica[/name] [name]Sydney[/name]- This definitely fits! I went to school with three Veronicas, one was a bit like your description, though she wasn’t nerdy. The name fit all the girls nicely, and I can totally see it on your description!
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]- [name]Every[/name] [name]Nora[/name] I’ve ever met has had brown hair and been beautiful, none have been awkward or nerdy, but they have been smart!
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]June[/name] ([name]Pippa[/name])- love [name]Penelope[/name] so much. It fits your description and it’s really cool with [name]Felix[/name].
[name]Evelyn[/name]…I’m not a fan.
[name]Ariadne[/name]…this is an interesting name, but a bit exotic for what I’m picturing, and i don’t really like it with [name]Felix[/name].

[name]Felix[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Veronica[/name] is perfect if you ask me!

I think most of us daydream about what our kids will be like… & I do give genetics some props here and there :wink:

Great names! I love [name]Nora[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Veronica[/name] [name]Sydney[/name]

Accidentally posted this, oops!

Hmm. Seems to me this is one lucky child with possible genetic predispositions to brains, beauty, AND a charming self-deprecating sense of humor!

And just to top it off, she’s going to have a cool name! I like all your names, but [name]Veronica[/name] [name]Sydney[/name] really wowed me. [name]Just[/name] because you have a great list so I’m looking for choices to toss, I’d cross off [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name]. They are great names, but [name]Nora[/name] has been popular and (I think) is dropping, while [name]Evelyn[/name] is becoming popular now. I love both [name]Penelope[/name] [name]June[/name] and [name]Ariadne[/name]. [name]Just[/name] love them. Hard to choose among the three, but I still come back to [name]Veronica[/name]. [name]Just[/name] a little unusual, a little distinctive. I like it with green eyes. And without if that is how it works out.

About genetics - my son looks like a perfect mix of everyone in our families. My husband and I are not athletic at all though, and sports of any kind have been the little guys favorite since infancy! He has one uncle on each side and they’re both athletes, we guess he got those genes from them! My dad is also very athletic. Anyway, my point is, he didn’t get that from us! We never could have predicted it! Other things about his personality do reflect us, though, as well as his looks!

I think you can predict to an extent. But you can’t be sure, so don’t pick a name that would seem ridiculous on a different sort of kid. It’s tricky to not get too sucked in! In find myself drawn to names that would fit my son, assuming his brothers will be similar to him, but that’s not necessarily the case!

Thanks [name]Bonnie[/name]! I’m glad my sense of humor wasn’t lost on you :slight_smile: I think [name]Veronica[/name] is quickly gaining the #1 position!

I agree with you completely! You never know what’s going to pop up from the gene pool… I have 5 siblings, 4 of us are completely athletically challenged, while the other was a star football player. Ya just never know!

[name]Astrid[/name]