Greer

We would like to call our son [name]Greer[/name], but I’m concerned that it’s becoming a girl’s name (especially since I liked it as a girl’s name). We’re thinking of [name]Edward[/name] [name]Greer[/name].

I think its okay as a middle name for a boy. Thats my favorite place for unisex names…that way there’s no confusion. [name]Edward[/name] is obviously a boy, after all.

I like [name]Edward[/name] [name]Greer[/name] a lot–very dashing.
I really like the name [name]Greer[/name], but when I first heard it, I was actually surprised to find out that it’s used for many girls as I find it very masculine. I think in the middle it’s great and, as [name]Edward[/name] is obviously a boy’s name I find no problem.

I absolutely love [name]Edward[/name], but I think that using [name]Greer[/name] on a boy depends on where you live. In the U.S., I’ve only heard [name]Greer[/name] used on girls (and I think of the Old Hollywood actress [name]Greer[/name] [name]Garson[/name]), and I associate [name]Greer[/name] with feminine names, such as [name]Maeve[/name] and even [name]Grace[/name]. I suppose it’s not that big of deal with it being in the middle, but to me, [name]Greer[/name] isn’t as unisex/masculine as [name]Rowan[/name] or [name]Finley[/name].

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

It’s great as a boy’s middle name. In all honesty that’s the only place I like it. It sounds too gruff for a girl in my opinion and it’s a little intense for a first name, but it’s perfect with [name]Edward[/name]. Go for it. He may get teased once or twice over the years but most of the time it’s going to get complements I’ll bet.

I have yet to me a girl with this name. It sound very boy to me. I was looking up the woman’s names from today’s list Glamour Girls And Boys and found out that [name]Greer[/name] [name]Garson[/name]'s real name is [name]Eileen[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Greer[/name] [name]Garson[/name]. As lovely as this name is for a boy she may have influenced it use predominantly for girls. I’d probably do more research to find at least a few more uses as a boys name before committing to using at as first but that’s just me. However if I met a little boy name [name]Greer[/name] I don’t think that I would associate it with being a girls name. It sounds like a dashing gentleman’s name.