Gretchen!

I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE the name [name]Gretchen[/name]! WDYT?
no one else seems to like it :*(

I love it too – It can be our little secret.

Thanks for reminding me since I didn’t put it on my list! (We’ll see how long the husband let’s it stay there…)

I love [name]Gretchen[/name] too, and [name]Greta[/name]!

When I was young I always loved the name [name]Gretchen[/name]. Then I had this friend whose father left the family for a woman named [name]Gretchen[/name]. He really left the whole family, hardly paid any attention to even his kids anymore. The family always talked about Gretch the Wretch and ruined the name for me. But it is very pretty, and so is [name]Greta[/name].

Whenever I hear [name]Gretchen[/name], I hear “retch” and “retching,” (it means “to vomit”) but I like [name]Greta[/name]!

I’ve always liked the name [name]Gretchen[/name]. And [name]Greta[/name], for that matter!! :slight_smile:

I think of it as kind of a harsh sound but that’s mainly a matter of personal taste. I knew a [name]Gretchen[/name] and it was charming on her so I think it works.

I don’t really like it. I do not want to offend you and your personal choice but to me it is one of this pseudo [name]German[/name] names that nobody (and with that I mean not even old people) in Germany actually has. So [name]Gretchen[/name] always seems to me like a weird American choice and the way English speaking persons pronounce it adds even more to that impression. To me [name]Greta[/name] is much more charming and you could still use [name]Gretchen[/name] as a nickname (which it essentially is, even if it isn’t used anymore).

I like [name]Gretchen[/name]! Go with your heart!