Gretel?

What do you think? Too fairytale?

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought was The Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f], so not too fairytale for me. But I also don’t see the fairy tale as a negative association. I think it’s sweet! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’ve always liked it :heart: Kept this to myself when I was younger as thought I’d be laughed at

1 Like

I like it! I think of The Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f] before I think of the fairy tale.

I don’t think it’s too “fairy tale” unless she had a brother called [name_m]Hansel[/name_m] or a similar name (like [name_m]Hans[/name_m] or Ansel)

3 Likes

[name_m]Just[/name_m] what I was going to say!!

I think it’s a pretty cute name and while it is tied to the fairy tale, I don’t think it’s unusable

1 Like

Really sweet name. I definitely don’t think it’s too fairytale! Like many others here, I also think of The Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f] atop the fairytale connection. I imagine the sweetest person to have the name [name_f]Gretel[/name_f]!

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Greta[/name_f] or [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f], but [name_f]Gretel[/name_f] is sweet as well! You’d definitely get the fairy tale connection but I don’t necessarily think that’s a bad thing.

1 Like

They’re both on my list too :heart:

Definitely not too fairy tale! The association is there, but I don’t think it’s too strong, nor do I think it’s a bad association. I love [name_f]Gretel[/name_f] so much! so adorable and sweet, it always reminds me of honey :honey_pot: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Aww. Your enthusiasm is infectious - that’s so lovely. I can see why it would be more of a marmite name than honey… but that makes it all the more adorable that you think of honey :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It makes me think of [name_m]Hansel[/name_m] & [name_f]Gretel[/name_f]. I definitely prefer [name_f]Greta[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] baby niece is [name_f]Gretel[/name_f].
[name_f]My[/name_f] sister loved The Sound of [name_f]Music[/name_f] and she and her husband had said for 10+ years that if they had a girl, she would be [name_f]Gretel[/name_f].
When she first told us we were shocked because it seemed really [name_m]German[/name_m] and we had never met anyone named [name_f]Gretel[/name_f].
I think it has grown on me.

1 Like

Not too fairytale. It’s a great name.

1 Like

Definitely not too fairytale! I think it a very cute name! :blush:

1 Like