Greyson Paul is here!

Our beautiful baby boy, [name_u]Greyson[/name_u] [name_m]Paul[/name_m], arrived this week weighing 7lbs 2oz and 20in long.

[name_u]Greyson[/name_u] is our first child, and while we’ve long had a girls’ name picked out, we AGONIZED over a boys’ name. Ultimately, family connections outshone everything else and I am in LOVE with his name.

Here are some of my favorite ways he’s tied to other family members:

[name_u]Greyson[/name_u] was chosen to honor multiple Gregorys in his life, including his dad [name_m]Gregory[/name_m] [name_m]Paul[/name_m] II, his grandpa [name_m]Gregory[/name_m] [name_m]Paul[/name_m] I, and his other grandpa [name_m]Gregory[/name_m] [name_u]Scott[/name_u]. His father’s middle name comes from his great-great-uncle [name_m]Paul[/name_m].

Another name high on our list (especially for middles) was [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m], to honor his great-grandpa [name_m]Homer[/name_m] [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m]. I love that [name_u]Greyson[/name_u] shares the -yson ending of [name_m]Tennyson[/name_m].

[name_u]Greyson[/name_u] [name_m]Paul[/name_m] also shares initials with his aunt, [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f]. And finally, (although this is a bit of a stretch,) I think he shares a lot of the sounds and rhythm of his uncle’s name, [name_u]Clayton[/name_u] [name_u]Scott[/name_u].

One thing I learned while naming [name_u]Greyson[/name_u] is that nothing else really matters besides your love for the name. Before we decided on Greyson’s name, I was so worried about popularity and being too trendy. I am a long time baby name need, and I had lots of criteria I wanted the perfect name to meet. Once we started talking and I fell in love with the name though, none of my criteria mattered. It just… fit him perfectly. It was his name…Then, I found out that 2 out of the 3 new kindergarteners at the very small school I work at were named Greyson/Grayson! And guess what? It didn’t change my love for it at all. I just think their parents have great taste in names! :wink:

We are so blessed to have our first child here with us now. Thank you to all of the berries who helped us pick a name!

28 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! Such a sweet and meaningful name! I’ve always had a soft spot for [name_u]Greyson[/name_u] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

congratulations! i love the name [name_u]Greyson[/name_u].

1 Like

Congratulations!

[name_u]Greyson[/name_u] [name_m]Paul[/name_m] is such a handsome name :blue_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! I love the story behind Greyson’s beautiful name!

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_u]Greyson[/name_u] [name_m]Paul[/name_m] is very handsome.

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

This is so lovely and a perfect illustration of how sometimes, you just know. Many congratulations and welcome Greyson! :white_heart:

2 Likes

[name_u]Greyson[/name_u] [name_m]Paul[/name_m] is gorgeous! Congratualtions!

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_u]Greyson[/name_u] [name_m]Paul[/name_m] is a wonderful name!

1 Like

[name_u]Happy[/name_u] birthday, [name_u]Greyson[/name_u]! [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to the world and many congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to the world baby [name_u]Greyson[/name_u]

1 Like

Sweet name! Congratulations!

1 Like

congratulations! welcome to the world greyson! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Congrats!!!

might want to fix that typo :wink:

1 Like

congratulations! he has such a handsome name! welcome to the world greyson :sunny:

1 Like

Congratulations!!!

1 Like