Griffin Anderson or Anderson Finn

See the results of this poll: Down to two names

Respondents: 39 (This poll is closed)

• Griffin Anderson : 25 (64%)
  • Anderson Finn: 14 (36%)

[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] are a bit matchy but I don’t think it’s a bad thing. They’re cute together! I voted for [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] [name_m]Anderson[/name_m] :slight_smile:

[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] might be a tad match for me. I’d go with [name_m]Anderson[/name_m], personally.

[name_m]Griffin[/name_m] is one of my favorites

Ok, it seems I am losing this one. A few questions for the folks who love [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]. What is it about the name [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] you like? What kind of feel does it have for a kid who has that name? Sporty? Nerdy?
Thanks!

I voted for [name_m]Anderson[/name_m] but I do like the name [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]. I don’t know exactly how to describe what I like about it… it just feels like a cool, slightly off-beat name. It sounds very masculine to me, yet still fitting for a child.

I don’t think it would invite teasing, personally. If anything, I might expect other kids to be jealous that he shares a name with such an awesome mythical creature! I think it helps that it’s also a surname. It’s unusual, but not so weird that it’s unwearable (and I tend to have fairly conservative taste as far as that goes).

I think [name_m]Anderson[/name_m] is great and from your post it really sounds like you are leaning towards [name_m]Anderson[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u].

I think [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] are cute together.

We are a house divided. I am on team [name_m]Anderson[/name_m]. Either way, the kid will go by [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. We both agree on that! :slight_smile:

I voted [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] even though I don’t like it much, but that’s only because I would vote almost any first name over [name_m]Anderson[/name_m]. Sorry.

So why not call him [name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_m]Anderson[/name_m]? Much nicer!! [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is a great name.

[name_u]True[/name_u], that could work. our last name is one syllable. I think we thought a longer first name sounded better, but maybe not!

[name_m]Anderson[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. Really cool combo and goes great with [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]. this sounds silly but I just don’t get [name_m]Griffin[/name_m], it just makes me think of Griffins and Gryfindor!!

[name_m]Just[/name_m] saw the pp suggestion of [name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_m]Anderson[/name_m], I like it (a lot!) especially if that is what he will be known as, and I think [name_u]Finn[/name_u] will go fine with a one syllable surname, depending on what it is. I have [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u] on my list and I also have a one syllable surname and I would happily name a son [name_u]Finn[/name_u] N…

I would not name my kids [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. [name_m]Tom[/name_m] and [name_m]Huck[/name_m], no thanks. [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] is OK, but all I think about it Family [name_m]Guy[/name_m]. I’d go with [name_m]Anderson[/name_m] nn [name_u]Andy[/name_u] or [name_m]Anders[/name_m]