Griffin or Finnick?

See the results of this poll: Griffin or Finnick?

Respondents: 50 (This poll is closed)

• Griffin : 35 (70%)
  • Finnick: 15 (30%)

I suppose I should add that Finnick will honor my husbands brother and his cousin [name_f]Nicole[/name_f] who passed at the age of 19.

I prefer [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]. While I like [name_u]Finn[/name_u] a lot, Finnick, on the other hand, seems very tied to Hunger Games and thus not really usable.

I adore the name [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is a great nn :slight_smile:

For you I like Finnick because it would honor two people. I personally love [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and [name_u]Finley[/name_u] on their own.

I like [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] better because Finnick is close in sound to finicky which means awkward. It also sounds a bit made up, I see a previous poster mentions Hunger Games which I haven’t read. If this is a name in a fad series, it will date very quickly and become a name of the era, rather than a standing classic.

[name_m]Griffin[/name_m] on the other hand is a lovely strong nature name

I really love Finnick! [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is a name I adore but I also want something a little longer and dislike the traditionally longer versions.

[name_m]Griffin[/name_m] is a great name. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t care for Finnick… [name_u]Finn[/name_u] or [name_u]Finley[/name_u] would also be good. Finnick sounds made up to me…sorry … I did check and I was wrong…it is a “real” name;) why not use Griffin Nicholai/Nicholas or Nicholai Griffin? Those sound so handsome!!

Definitely [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]. Finnick = finicky. [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] would honor [name_f]Nicole[/name_f].

I am long obsessed with Finnick. [name_u]Love[/name_u] love love it. [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] is a mighty fine name as well.

I love the name [name_u]Finn[/name_u]! If you don’t care for [name_u]Finley[/name_u] or [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m], Finnick would be a good choice, especially since [name_u]Nick[/name_u] has a special meaning to you. That’s what I voted for. [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] is also a great name! [name_m]Will[/name_m] you call [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] [name_m]Griff[/name_m] or [name_u]Finn[/name_u]?

The connection to the Hunger Games does not bother me at all. I also don’t mind the closeness to the word finicky, it’s not a word I use or hear very often on a day to day basis. I love the name [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and don’t understand how some people associate it with the word violent, they are two separate words to me.

Anyway, yes bookworm 5, I would call [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] by [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and possibly [name_m]Griff[/name_m], or just G. :slight_smile:

I would not use the name [name_m]Cole[/name_m] as my husbands cousin was called [name_f]Nicki[/name_f] almost exclusively, but thank you for the suggestion.

I voted [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] before I read your post, because Finnick is very Hunger-Gamesy to me… but I do like the fact that Finnick has personal significance to you. And I suppose all the [name_m]Harrys[/name_m] and Edwards and Bellas are doing fine, so Finnick souldn’t be any different!

I love [name_m]Griffin[/name_m], and [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] would be perfect.

Finnick, 100%. [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is a cute surname, and Finnick sounds like a strong handsome person, also a bit Gaelic although not sure why!

The first thing I think of when I hear the name [name_m]Griffin[/name_m] is the Family [name_m]Guy[/name_m] family, which is off-putting. Also [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] (Griffindor) and stone statues.

Definitely [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]. It’s very strong and handsome. For me, Finnick is too tied to the Hunger Games, I had never heard of the name before then. [name_u]Finn[/name_u] works really well for both of them though.

I prefer [name_m]Griffin[/name_m]. I like [name_u]Finn[/name_u], but dislike Finnick. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_u]Finley[/name_u]?