Griffin?

What do you think about the name [name]Griffin[/name]? I like this name quite a lot and I just realized I can use the nn [name]Finn[/name]! (One of my all time favorite nicknames.) Is this the best spelling? What middle names even go with [name]Griffin[/name]? All I can come up with is [name]Griffin[/name] [name]James[/name], which sounds like I gave up trying after [name]Griffin[/name]. Help me please!

I really like it! It’s handsome and the nn [name]Finn[/name] seals the deal.
Well done!

Best wishes-
[name]Tara[/name]

I love [name]Griffin[/name] nn [name]Finn[/name]!

got to go

Oh, I love [name]Griffin[/name], too! (And I love the [name]Finn[/name] nickname!) :slight_smile: And for what it’s worth, I really like [name]Griffin[/name] [name]James[/name]!

[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Elias[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Miles[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] (then again, the F and V sounds are pretty similar to me…It may just be me, though)
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Griffin[/name] is great - handsome, modern, rugged, intelligent, playful, fun! A superb choice with an amazing nickname!

I honestly love [name]Griffin[/name] [name]James[/name]. It doesn’t sound like you gave up at all!

[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Archer[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Chase[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Everett[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]George[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Jonas[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Zander[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

So far I’ve met one little [name]Griffin[/name]. I think it is a great name and [name]James[/name] works with it quite well. I have yet to get tired of the name [name]James[/name] so it doesn’t feel like you gave up trying to me.

[name]Griffin[/name] is one of my favorite boy names…I always imagined [name]Griffin[/name] having the mn [name]Thomas[/name]…I also like [name]Finn[/name] for a nn.

WOW! Thanks for all the support and advice. [name]Every[/name] time I post on this site I am overwhelmed with all the help and wonderful comments everyone leaves.

You have all made me feel a ton better about [name]Griffin[/name] [name]James[/name]. ([name]James[/name] is a grandfather along with [name]Paul[/name], [name]Donald[/name], and [name]George[/name] - I like [name]James[/name] the best (as a name))

I also [name]LOVE[/name] some of your suggestions, including…

[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] - it sounds very strong.
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Oliver[/name] - I love [name]Oliver[/name], almost enough to possibly use it as a fn in the future - I might have to save it :slight_smile:
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] - (borrowed this from little [name]Carter[/name]) I really love the name [name]Benjamin[/name], but the endings might be too similar.

[name]Griffin[/name] [name]James[/name] might just be it! I can’t believe it took me this long to realize [name]Finn[/name] is a nn of [name]Griffin[/name]. I’ve always loved [name]Finn[/name], I just never loved [name]Finnegan[/name], [name]Fintan[/name], [name]Phineas[/name], etc.

Thank you all for everything!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Griffin[/name] with the NN [name]Finn[/name]!

[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] has the perfect flow to it.

[name]Hi[/name],

We have a baby [name]Griffin[/name], nicknamed [name]Finn[/name]. We really agonized over the choice, worrying that it was a little too “out there”, but it has turned out to be a great name. It really “fits in”, but we haven’t met another one, yet. People seem to love his name, which makes me feel better, because, while we wanted a name a bit more unusual, I didn’t want the name to be a handicap at all. We are just so happy with this name.

Our little one’s middle name is [name]Theodore[/name], for a number of reasons (including his nickname of “[name]Teddy[/name]” since birth), but sometimes I worry it’s a little geeky. I even think about changing it, because I don’t want him to be one of those poor kids who sit in class feeling nauseated because the teacher is reading everyone’s whole names out and he’s worried he’s going to be teased all through middle and high school…sigh… But, at other times, I really love his middle name, especially since it has special meanings just for us, so there you go. I still don’t think it’s very important how a middle name “sounds” with a first name. More important that the name is special or meaningful to you. Best of luck!

I love your son’s name! I think that [name]Griffin[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] is so handsome. (And for what it’s worth, [name]Theodore[/name] is one of my favorite names, and I don’t think it’s geeky at all. I know of three young Theodores–two go by [name]Theo[/name] and one by [name]Teddy[/name]–and they’re athletic and popular.)

Take care! :slight_smile:

Using [name]James[/name] as a middle name will be very special if it is honouring a grandfather…it definitely does not sound like you gave up:)

[name]Griffin[/name] [name]James[/name] is a fantastic name!

I love it! [name]Griffin[/name] is one of my top boys names, if not my absolute favourite at this time.

I absolutely wish i’d called my [name]Finn[/name] ([name]Fintan[/name]) [name]Griffin[/name] - its an ace name!

I would go for a classic boys name to counter the coolness of his [name]Christian[/name] name

[name]Griffin[/name] [name]James[/name] (my son is [name]Fintan[/name] [name]James[/name]!)
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name] [name]Jack[/name]