Griffith/Griffin

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all, I would love to hear any thoughts and impressions about the name [name_m]Griffith[/name_m] or [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] for a baby boy. We also like [name_m]Gruffudd[/name_m] (also pronounced Griffith) but we are in [name_u]England[/name_u] so are less likely to go with the Welsh spelling. TIA :slight_smile:

I prefer [name_u]Griffin[/name_u]— cute name!

I really can’t choose. I’m a big fan of both of them. I think maaaaaybe I lean slightly towards [name_u]Griffin[/name_u]?

I prefer [name_u]Griffin[/name_u]! Such a cute name!

[name_u]Griffin[/name_u] was our pick if our daughter had been a boy. I absolutely love it! I think it’s handsome and strong yet playful at the same time. It makes me think of the mythological animal first. (Which I think any little boy would think was so cool)
I picture an outdoorsy little boy climbing trees but also an intelligent young man studying in a college library.

3 Likes

@whatchamacallit This description has persuaded my husband to put Griffin on our list! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yay! :grin:

I actually prefer the Welsh spelling too, but I do like [name_m]Griffith[/name_m] better than [name_u]Griffin[/name_u]. When I hear [name_m]Griffon[/name_m] I think gryphon, and I’m not sure that’s a cool image for a child.

[name_u]Griffin[/name_u] feels rugged, cool and adventurous to me - kind of majestical but grounded enough too!

[name_m]Griffith[/name_m] is earthy and outdoorsy but a little studious too! I just find it a little hard to say, unfortunately

1 Like

I prefer [name_u]Griffin[/name_u]. :evergreen_tree: I think it’s spunky and wild! Quite adventurous. The only two boys names [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] I’ve met were both bright-blonde firecrackers. Very sweet, very messy, and very inquisitive.

I love [name_m]Gruffudd[/name_m] and [name_u]Griffin[/name_u].

When I think of [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] I think of the mythical creature and the musician [name_m]Griff[/name_m]

[name_m]Gruffudd[/name_m] makes me think of Welsh history - the rulers of [name_u]Gwynedd[/name_u] and [name_m]Owain[/name_m] ap [name_m]Gruffudd[/name_m] who fought for the independence of [name_m]Wales[/name_m]

Having Welsh ancestry I prefer [name_m]Gruffudd[/name_m] to the anglicised [name_m]Griffith[/name_m] but both are nice

[name_m]Griffith[/name_m].

[name_m]Griffith[/name_m] and [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] both seem fine. I am not a fan of either, but there is nothing wrong with them. [name_m]Gruffudd[/name_m] does not appeal.

[name_u]Griffin[/name_u], [name_m]Griffith[/name_m] seems a bit hard to pronounce.

Absolutely love [name_u]Griffin[/name_u] !

Both are fine, but I would lean towards [name_m]Griffith[/name_m] if you have Welsh heritage, which is important for you or that you want to recognise, particularly if you like [name_m]Griff[/name_m] as the short form/nickname (rather than Fin) - like [name_m]Griff[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] [name_m]Jones[/name_m].