Guilty pleasure double middle names

I’d like to add some GP double middles for my kids, mostly my girls, to add all my favorite names as well as let them have something special they dont have to share or put on forms (they can pick the middle name they put initial for) but is it too much?

Boys:

Asa [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] Galouzis “[name_m]Ace[/name_m]?”
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] Galouzis “[name_u]Ren[/name_u]”
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u] Galouzis"[name_u]Gus[/name_u]?"
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] [name_u]Sage[/name_u] [name_u]August[/name_u] Galouzis “[name_u]Cal[/name_u]”

Girls:

Elowen [name_f]Vada[/name_f] [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] Galouzis “[name_f]Nell[/name_f]”
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] Galouzis “[name_f]Mae[/name_f]”
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] Galouzis “[name_u]Theo[/name_u]”
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u] Galouzis “[name_u]Scout[/name_u]”

Let me know what you think.

I think double middles are fine. Not too much at all, especially when the names are short-medium length.

Maeve [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u] are sweet!

1 Like

I had never heard of double middle names before I got on these forums! (With the exception of family names in some cultures) So to me they always look long. Personally I think one middle makes a bigger impact but I can totally understand adding more names because you love them or they have a special significance. Is there a benefit to having a name you don’t put on a form, or don’t have space to put on a form?

I like your names and they aren’t too much to say out loud. Really love [name_u]Asa[/name_u] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]! You have such a nice last name!

1 Like

I like double middle names! I wouldn’t do it personally, but I think it’s interesting and gives you more options of what to go by.
I LOVE [name_m]Magnus[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Ocean[/name_u]. So cool but not pretentious!
[name_f]My[/name_f] criticism:
[name_u]Asa[/name_u] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]: the JASPer CASPian sounds are too similar
[name_m]Soren[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]: I love [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] with [name_m]Soren[/name_m], but I think the last syllable of [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] and [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] sound too similar.

[name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] is stunning! I’m in love with it.
I think [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] and [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] are a bit much together, as much as I love them both. What about switching some names up? [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u]?

1 Like