Guilty Pleasure Names

What are some names that you love but would never name your kid? I want to hear about the most outrageous names that are “unusable” and people would call you brave (or crazy) for using.

Here’s my list:
[name_f]Honey[/name_f]
Bubbles
[name_f]Barbie[/name_f]
[name_f]Skipper[/name_f]
Lemonhope
Lemony
[name_f]Lady[/name_f]
[name_f]Love[/name_f]
[name_f]Pebbles[/name_f]
[name_f]Peach[/name_f]

Please take no offense if one of these names are your name. These are names that I absolutely LOVE but I am not brave enough to use.

Snow for a girl

2 Likes

Barbie is so cute! I love seeing someone else who likes it as a gp, too! :slight_smile:

There are so many flower names that would be adorable on a little girl, but I’d never be brave enough to use them: [name_f]Peony[/name_f], [name_f]Jonquil[/name_f], [name_f]Daffodil[/name_f], [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], [name_f]Daylily[/name_f], etc. (I love seeing other people who are brave enough, though!)

Briar [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is an all-time favorite gp of mine. I’ve also been loving [name_f]Apple[/name_f] and [name_f]Plum[/name_f] lately, but definitely too out-there for me irl. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I may still consider [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] because it’s such a nice name!

I agree that some flower names sound very fun and exotic, definitely out of the ordinary! Another cool one is [name_f]Tigerlily[/name_f]!

2 Likes

Yes! I love [name_f]Tigerlily[/name_f]. Forgot about her, but she’s been a gp of mine for ages. <3

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Edelweiss[/name_f] but I’d only ever use it as a middle name.

3 Likes

[name_f]Peaches[/name_f]
[name_f]Tigerlily[/name_f]
[name_f]Quintana[/name_f]
Tulum
Cataleya

1 Like

I kind of love the name [name_u]Cricket[/name_u], but would definitely not be brave enough to use it! Also Callalilie & [name_f]Saffron[/name_f]. I like [name_u]Cricket[/name_u] & [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] for a boy or a girl, really.

1 Like

Lemon
[name_f]Amethyst[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_u]Winter[/name_u] (b)
[name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]

2 Likes

Names have to be super out there, for me to consider them GPs, but these are the ones that I think count ~
[name_f]Ferelith[/name_f] (not too out there, and I hate to let her go, but she sounds too much like feral)
[name_u]Mercury[/name_u] (I prefer this on a girl to a boy, but the classicist in me says no)
[name_f]Swanhilde[/name_f] (my family have nixed it)
[name_f]Avelot[/name_f] (too corruptible into “have a lot”, so could be mocked)
[name_f]Cendrillon[/name_f] (I can’t stand how it sounds outside of the french pronunciation)
[name_u]Snapdragon[/name_u] (maybe still as a mn)
[name_f]Belphoebe[/name_f] (I don’t love [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] on it’s own, and I can’t imagine [name_f]Belphoebe[/name_f] standing)
[name_f]Medea[/name_f] (maybe still as a mn, but the story makes it hard)
[name_u]Lovelace[/name_u] (might be too loveless)

2 Likes

I have no plans on having children anytime soon but I love names and definitely love some that won’t be usable for 2 main reasons - either they’re nature/noun names that are too out there or they’re non-[name_f]English[/name_f] names that would either be mispronounced or considered weird or mistaken for a different name in the US.

Category 1:

• Peregrine
  • Bee (would definitely use as a nn though)
  • Posey
  • Birch
  • Petal
  • Blossom
  • Petunia (also because of the pig connotation)
  • Bluebell
  • Acacia

Category 2:

• Merewen
  • Tarquinius
  • Ariadne
  • Eilidh
  • Eulalie
  • Fiametta
  • Julitta
  • Leocadia
  • Mireille
  • Elsavetta
  • Caoimhe
  • Bleuenn
2 Likes

Stargazer
[name_u]Hero[/name_u]
[name_f]Melodia[/name_f]
Puzzle
[name_f]Elektra[/name_f]
[name_f]Velvet[/name_f]
[name_u]Glow[/name_u]
[name_u]Firefly[/name_u]
[name_u]Larkspur[/name_u]

2 Likes

[name_f]Candy[/name_f] :smile: Honestly, just because Candy [name_f]Candy[/name_f] was my favourite growing up, and a part of me will always love her name just because I associate it so strongly with the character. (Well, she’s a [name_f]Candice[/name_f] technically, but always goes by [name_f]Candy[/name_f]).

1 Like

Your category two is basically just my style

1 Like

Barbie’s real name was [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] [name_m]Roberts[/name_m]. [name_m]Ken[/name_m] was actually [name_m]Kenneth[/name_m] [name_u]Sean[/name_u] [name_u]Carson[/name_u]. You can use [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] as a NN.

1 Like

I much prefer [name_f]Barbie[/name_f] over [name_f]Barbara[/name_f] :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Emerald

I love the colour green and I think this would make a really cool name but I couldn’t personally call my kid [name_f]Emerald[/name_f]!

2 Likes

Firefly
[name_f]Starlight[/name_f]
Stiorra

(Side note have you discovered [name_f]Lovella[/name_f] or [name_u]Loveday[/name_u]?)

1 Like

I love those! [name_u]Firefly[/name_u] and [name_f]Starlight[/name_f] are so cool! (I don’t know how to pronounce Stiorra.) And I’ve never heard of [name_f]Lovella[/name_f], but I’ve always thought [name_u]Loveday[/name_u] was so sweet :heart:

2 Likes

Stiorra is a made up name from the last kingdom series from old [name_f]English[/name_f] meaning star

Stee-ore-a (a as in [name_f]Apple[/name_f] or uh as in [name_f]Aurora[/name_f])

You can also spell it steorra

1 Like