Gut reactions anyone?

OK, so I don’t want to share my name ideas w/ close friends/family yet, so I just want to throw these names out into “nameberry” world to see what others think 1st!
We don’t know the sex yet w/ 5 weeks to go…Last name is Masem and I love the middle name [name]Grey[/name]/[name]Gray[/name]…but am open to others!

boy: [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem

girl: Neah [name]Grey[/name] Masem (or possibly Neah [name]Bay[/name])
[name]Mila[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem

Thanks!! fern.

boy:
[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem- this is SOOOO nice! I mean really, seriously fabulous. I’m a little jealous I didn’t think of it myself!
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem- I love [name]Milo[/name], and this is nice. I’m not too sure about the double M, though.
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem- I also love [name]Oscar[/name], I think it’s a little trendy, though. This is good, but nothing comes close to [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Grey[/name] to me!

girl:
Neah [name]Grey[/name] Masem (or possibly Neah [name]Bay[/name])- how do you pronounce this? It looks like if would rhyme with [name]Grey[/name] or [name]Bay[/name]… I don’t like it.
[name]Mila[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem- meh
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem- I love [name]Nora[/name], and I think this is quite nice, but I think there are better choices.

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem (nn [name]Mila[/name]?)- I really love this one!
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem
[name]Zoe[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem
[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem
[name]Olivia[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem
[name]Dinah[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem
[name]Lilah[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem
[name]Elena[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem

I love the middle name [name]Grey[/name]/[name]Gray[/name], but my hubby doesn’t. :frowning:

I agree with [name]Lyndsay[/name]!

Since you like Neah (Nee-ah? rhymes with [name]Leah[/name]?) I thought you might also like [name]Nola[/name], [name]Nyla[/name], [name]Hannah[/name], [name]Maya[/name], [name]Norah[/name], [name]Lola[/name] and [name]Lyla[/name]?

I’m right there with [name]Lyndsay[/name], [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Grey[/name] is absolutely wonderful! [name]How[/name] do you pronounce your last name? Is it “[name]May[/name]-sem” or “Mass-em”? I’m also a huge [name]Milo[/name] fan, but [name]Jasper[/name] works much better with your last name in my opinion. Same goes for [name]Oscar[/name], cute but I’m still swooning over [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Gray[/name] :slight_smile:

Of your girl choices, [name]Nora[/name] is my favorite. I like [name]Leah[/name] quite a bit but Neah doesn’t appeal to me. If you pronounce [name]Mila[/name], “Mee-la” then I don’t mind it so much. If it’s pronounced “My-la” it reminds me a bit of [name]Miley[/name] [name]Cyrus[/name].

I love the suggestions of [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Lilah[/name], and [name]Fiona[/name]. [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Gray[/name] Masem is lovely! Here are some others you might like:

[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Lida[/name]
[name]Nina[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

Good luck!

boy: [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem - brilliant, wonderful!
[name]Milo[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem
[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem - like it, but not as much as [name]Jasper[/name].

girl: Neah [name]Grey[/name] Masem (or possibly Neah [name]Bay[/name]) - don’t like it
[name]Mila[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem - [name]Nora[/name] seems to short, why not [name]Eleanor[/name] nn [name]Nora[/name]?

love [name]Lindsay[/name]'s ideas for girls, especially [name]Amelia[/name] nn [name]Mila[/name].

I’m loving [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Grey[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] [name]Grey[/name]. What nice names you have!

[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem: I love [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Grey[/name], but to me, it doesn’t work with Masem if it’s pronounced Mass-em. (All I hear is the rhyming Jass Mass.) If, however, the last name is pronounced [name]May[/name]-sem, this would be my pick. :slight_smile:

Wait! I don’t know why this jumped out at me, but when I say the name aloud, “[name]Jasper[/name] Masem” sounds like “Ja-SPERM Assem.”

I totally hear the word “sperm,” and if he uses [name]Jasper[/name] M. in school, well, it’s just something my eye sees. Granted, I may be the only one who hears this word when I say the name, but the M from your last name attaches to the end of the first name for me. I thought I’d mention it. :slight_smile:

[name]Milo[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem: I love [name]Milo[/name] [name]Grey[/name], but like everyone said, I’m not feeling the double M.

[name]Oscar[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem: [name]Oscar[/name] is popular, but to me, it flows the best with Masem (pronounced Mass-em).

Neah [name]Grey[/name] Masem (or possibly Neah [name]Bay[/name]): I’m really sorry, but I don’t care for Neah. :frowning:

[name]Mila[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem: I like [name]Mila[/name], but to me, [name]Mila[/name] Masem doesn’t sound right.

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem: [name]Nora[/name] Masem gets my vote, but like [name]Susan[/name] said, I’d personally use [name]Eleanor[/name].

[name]Everett[/name] [name]Grey[/name] (or [name]Everett[/name] [name]Oscar[/name])
[name]Elliott[/name] [name]Grey[/name] Masem (I also love [name]Elliott[/name] [name]Oscar[/name] Masem)
[name]Theodore[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Felix[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name] [name]Grey[/name]

[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Grey[/name]
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Grey[/name]

I kept [name]Grey[/name] as the middle name, but in a lot of instances, it feels like a longer middle name is needed for the flow.

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Milo[/name] [name]Grey[/name] & [name]Eleanora[/name] [name]Bay[/name] (I like better than [name]Eleanor[/name])

I’m hearing the ja-SPERM-assem too, but if you really love it, I doubt many would notice that.
My faves are [name]Oscar[/name] [name]Grey[/name] (i know [name]Oscar[/name] is getting quite popular, but I’ve yet to meet one in our area) and [name]Elenora[/name] [name]Grey[/name].

[name]How[/name] are you pronouncing Neah? I like “NEE-a” but not big on “NAY-a”

Like olivegreen, I’m curious on the pronounciation of Massem, as that would make a difference. Good luck deciding!!

In general, I think 3+ syllable first names work best with the middle name [name]Grey[/name] and last name Massem. I agree with those who see the [name]Jas[/name]-Mas thing as problematic, and also think Neah and [name]Mila[/name] are too nouveau and confusing. [name]Oscar[/name] is definitely trendy and will be rising through the list over the coming years. I love many of the longer suggestions with [name]Grey[/name] and Massem; you could also search just by syllable on nameberry for thousands more suggestions.

Thanks everyone! The last name is pronounced “[name]May[/name]-sem” if that helps?
I forgot to mention that I also liked for girls [name]Ava[/name], [name]Ada[/name], and [name]Lola[/name]. The only problem is that my friend named her dog [name]Lola[/name]…seems too good a name for a dog, no? And apparently [name]Ava[/name] is super popular- Is that true?- I’ve never met another [name]Ava[/name].
And Neah is pronounced “Nee-ah” and it is the name of a beach in WA state (Neah [name]Bay[/name]) that my husband and I love…