Gwendolen/Gwendolyn?

What is your opinion on it? I like both spellings. Is it a little dusty right now, or would you use it? My last name has three syllables ending in len. Does this make it a bit much? We also like [name]Eloise[/name] but worry about the popularity.

I love it! I would spell it [name]Gwendolyn[/name].

I like [name]Gwendolyn[/name] much better than [name]Gwendolen[/name], but with your last name [name]Gwendoline[/name] would be my top pick. They are all absolutely usable.

I think it’s wonderful. I agree with encore on the spelling.
I don’t particularly like the nn [name]Gwen[/name], but [name]Wendy[/name] would be really pretty if you like vintage nicknames.

Normally I prefer [name]Gwendolen[/name], but with your last name, I’d go with [name]Gwendolyn[/name]. [name]Eloise[/name] is a very nice choice too:)

[name]Gwendolen[/name] is at the top of my list, I think it’s beautiful. I like this spelling better because it’s the original, but I think both are fine.

Personally, I think the traditional spelling is the usual way to go, but with the last name I would also say the lyn may be the better option for you.

I love it. I always have. I would spell it [name]Gwendolyn[/name]. It had always been on my list for my future daughter one day. But my boyfriend’s mother is named [name]Gwendolyn[/name] and goes by [name]Gwen[/name]. It fits her so nicely. She is orginally from Belgium and is one of the classiest ladies I know!!

If you’re worried about the 3 syllables along with your last name, what about the alternative [name]Gwenyth[/name]?

I adore [name]Gwendolyn[/name] and have it on my list for middle names! I prefer [name]Gwendolyn[/name] spelled this way.

I like Ys, but prefer the original [name]Gwendolen[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are nice! With your last name, the [name]Gwendolyn[/name] spelling will probably look less singsongy.

It is definitely growing on me! I like the spelling [name]Gwendolen[/name] as opposed to [name]Gwendolyn[/name] because of ‘y’ in there and I’m not keen on ‘lyn’ ending.

I think it would depend on your 3 syllable last name, but it wouldn’t bother me too much.

[name]Eloise[/name] is gorgeous too.

I much prefer [name]Gwendolyn[/name] but as the pronunciation is clear with either, I think the name is beautiful either way!

I prefer [name]Gwendolen[/name]. Female welsh names traditionally end in “en” and I always tend to lean towards traditional spellings. The “yn” ending may seem more feminine in [name]North[/name] [name]America[/name], but I don’t care for it. In all honesty I never understand people’s current obsession with the letter Y. Probably one of my biggest name pet peeves is random Ys thrown into names, where another vowel should be. [name]Gwendolyn[/name] isn’t as bad, mind you, it has been in use with the “yn” spelling for a long time, so it is acceptable.

[name]Gwendolen[/name] is beautiful and sophisticated - I don’t think it’s dusty at all! I prefer this spelling, I hate the look of -lyn.

I love it. I think it’s a great name. I like [name]Gwen[/name], [name]Wendy[/name], [name]Dolly[/name]–so many fabulous nicknames.

However, if your name is 3 syllables and ends in -len then it might be too much. It all depends on if you like the sound and how often you plan on calling her by her full name.

I prefer the [name]Gwendolyn[/name] spelling.

I like both names, and especially since I now think the nickname [name]Wendy[/name] is adorable. However, I think you should probably do [name]Gwendoline[/name] to avoid rhyming.