Gwendolen

Any suggestions for a twin sister to [name]Gwendolen[/name] (pref. that spelling, but [name]Gwendolyn[/name] is an option)?

I’ve thought of
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Angelina[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Cassandra[/name] (doesn’t really work w/ our last name)
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Isabella[/name] (I can’t bring myself to use [name]Isabella[/name] right now)
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Vivienne[/name] (too much “en”)
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Seraphina[/name] (just because I’m slightly obsessed w/ that name)

Thanks!

[name]Lemon[/name] – I love love love this name spelled this way. Thank you for suggesting it.

I love [name]Gwendolen[/name]!

[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Cecily[/name]- Okay, I know they are totally themed but I just cant help myself. I love the two together.
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Iona[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Viola[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Clara[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Livia[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Leonie[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Magnolia[/name]

The first one I thought of was [name]Penelope[/name], no idea why…

[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]?

[name]Gwendolen[/name] is great (I prefer this spelling, too)! From your list, [name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Annabel[/name] are lovely together, and I also love [name]Leah[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name]…

Some others:
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Annika[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Olive[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Verity[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Veronica[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like gwendolen and [name]Seraphina[/name]!

Another vote for [name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Seraphina[/name]!

Yay, Crunchy! I’m so glad you love [name]Gwendolen[/name]. I think it is absolutely perfect - stunning, really! - with [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]!

[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Camilla[/name] - [name]Love[/name] with [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]!
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Nicola[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Rosamond[/name]

[name]Beatrix[/name] is another favorite of mine, and I think it is great here, but I also love [name]Camilla[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] with [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]. [name]Fiona[/name] has iffy nicknames, though…

[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Arabella[/name] - So, so gorgeous!
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Christabel[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Larissa[/name] - [name]Larissa[/name] does feel dated to me…
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Lucinda[/name] - [name]Both[/name] have strong D sounds!
[name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Mirabelle[/name] - I absolutely love this!

Okay, I love - love, love, love! - [name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Mirabelle[/name], even though [name]Mirabelle[/name] already left your list. I just can totally see those two with [name]Carly[/name] and [name]Penny[/name]'s names. [name]Gwendolen[/name] is a little more straightforward, though still elegant, like [name]Penelope[/name], and [name]Mirabelle[/name] is a little more frilly and romantic, like [name]Scarlett[/name]. I also think [name]Arabella[/name] is such a stunning name, but something slightly more subdued like [name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name] would fit seamlessly with [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name], too.

Sorry I didn’t respond earlier - my internet has been acting up because of some storms. I hope you go with [name]Gwendolen[/name] in the end - I just think it was made for your sibling set!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I thought you had decided on [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name]! :slight_smile:
I love the name [name]Gwendolen[/name]- in fact it is on my list in case we ever have another one (along with [name]Penelope[/name] which is also gorgeous)! I think it would fit v well with your other girl’s names.
I have added a few comments to your list.

I personally see [name]Gwendolen[/name] with another vintage, slightly serious but beautiful name. I think those on your list (with the exception of [name]Eleanor[/name]) are too frilly.

[name]Gwendolen[/name] and:

*[name]Adelaide[/name]/ [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
*[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Eugenie[/name]/ [name]Eulalie[/name]
*[name]Helena[/name]
*[name]Matilda[/name]/ [name]Mathilde[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
*[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
*[name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
*[name]Eliza[/name]
*[name]Clara[/name]

• favourites with your sibset.

lol @ mummyto3 – I am not completely set on [name]Vivienne[/name] & [name]Eleanor[/name]. It’s still on the list though and the more I look at the names together, the more l like it and it feels right.

[name]Gwendolen[/name] just appealed to me in a way that my other girls names did right away. I felt like I needed to explore it a bit and I like it w/ [name]Scarlett[/name] & [name]Penelope[/name] alot. I keep finding these single names I like but can never find a 2nd one!

My favorites w/ [name]Gwendolen[/name] (gotta run these by DH)
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Lucinda[/name] *this just sorta jumped out at me when [name]Lemon[/name] suggested it
[name]Mirabelle[/name] - yes, it’s back on the list! This was actually ([name]Mirabel[/name] spelling though, but I actually like this version now) something I looked at in the past. I remember telling a friend the name and she said, “WHAT? [name]Mirabel[/name]? yeah you would pick that wouldn’t you” (umm… yikes!) I dropped it from my list at that point and that’s sorta what kept me from pushing for it this time.
[name]Aurora[/name] - I like this, but for some reason, I have trouble saying [name]Rory[/name] (nn) quickly – it doesn’t flow off my tongue.

My question about [name]Gwendolen[/name] now is nicknames… [name]Gwen[/name], [name]Wendy[/name], [name]Winnie[/name]? I prefer nn’s ending in vowels, I feel like they are more “cutesy” (yes, I know that’s not always a good thing) [name]Wendy[/name] and [name]Winnie[/name] might be too close to [name]Penny[/name] though. I’ve tried saying them out loud and it’s not too bad.

Not to be Lazy with a short response…but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name]. I think they are a perfect pair. Well balanced. Very cute. Are you expecting twins? Wow…my name issues could be worse.

Really love [name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Annabel[/name], right way mostly becuase I love the name [name]Annabel[/name] & [name]Gwendolen[/name]. I don’t think I’m the most biased person. But I think those name could really go together.

Thanks for the thoughts! Yep, twin girls. I’ll 20 weeks on [name]Saturday[/name]! Being a “name nerd” is a disadvantage in this situation. I’m in name overload :slight_smile:

Crunchy,

[name]Eleanor[/name] - I think both of these names are lovely, but [name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name] both have a similar “e” sound, which really bothers me. If I had to pick one, it would be [name]Gwendolen[/name], hands down. I think it is much more spunky and unique, so I find it to be a better fit with [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name]. [name]Eleanor[/name] is lovely and elegant, but it doesn’t have quite the same pizazz that your other girls’ names have, in my opinion.

[name]Annabel[/name] - [name]Annabel[/name] is so lovely, a tad bit cutesy, but definitely classic and elegant. I think it is sweet with [name]Annabel[/name], and I could picture introducing twins called [name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name]. I think [name]Annie[/name] is one of the greatest nicknames around, but [name]Annabel[/name] presents very many nickname options for you. I think this name is more “classic,” from a traditional standpoint, than your other names, but it still works beautifully.

[name]Lucinda[/name] - [name]Lucinda[/name] feels a little bit older than [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] do, but then again, so does [name]Gwendolen[/name]. When I suggested this, I noted that both [name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Lucinda[/name] share very strong D sounds - I don’t know if this is a good or bad thing. If I had to say them one after the other, it would have to be [name]Lucinda[/name] and [name]Gwendolen[/name] - if not, it seems a little difficult to say, right? I think [name]Lucie[/name] is a really cute nickname, but if you want to try and bring back [name]Cindy[/name], you probably could with this name…

[name]Mirabelle[/name] - I like the [name]Mirabelle[/name] spelling much more than [name]Mirabel[/name] for you, as [name]Mirabel[/name] feels more Spanish - is that right? - to me. [name]Mirabelle[/name] is frilly and feminine, flouncy and fun. It seems to be completely your style! I wouldn’t worry about what your friend said a while back. [name]Mirabelle[/name] works beautifully with [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], and [name]Gwendolen[/name]. As I said before, [name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] feel a bit more straightforward, whereas [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Mirabelle[/name] are a little more wild and whimsical. Together, they make for a beautiful set. [name]Mirabelle[/name] has sweet nicknames, ranging from the classic [name]Belle[/name] to the romantic [name]Mira[/name], to even a spunky [name]Mimi[/name]! I just love this name.

[name]Aurora[/name] - [name]Aurora[/name] is so elegant and whimsical, but I agree with you - it is hard to say! Especially [name]Rory[/name], which I love so much. I really get tongue-tied with all those R’s, and I’d imagine it would be very challenging for a child to say. Not that that should hold you back, though!

So, I’d choose [name]Mirabelle[/name] as [name]Gwendolen[/name]'s sister, but [name]Annabel[/name] would be my second choice. [name]Eleanor[/name] has too much of the same vowel sound, [name]Lucinda[/name] has too much of the same consonant sound, and [name]Aurora[/name] is just a challenge to pronounce quickly, it seems. Let me know what happens!

[name]Eleanor[/name] - DH and I like it more with [name]Vivienne[/name], so it’s still on the list, but only w/ that name.

[name]Annabel[/name] - DH’s favorite w/ [name]Gwendolen[/name]. I haven’t decided mine yet! I really like this combo though

[name]Lucinda[/name] - today, it has a bit of an 80’s feel to me. Also, I had no idea it would offend my DH so much! haha. After telling him this name, I probably could have gotten [name]Imogen[/name] past him :slight_smile:

[name]Mirabelle[/name] - I like this combo. Wasn’t completely sold on the name until i found it’s perfect twin, and for me, this is it. (w/ [name]Evangeline[/name] or [name]Vivienne[/name], I just didn’t feel it.) I’m pronouncing this Meer-a-bel/[name]Meera[/name]-bel and nn [name]Mira[/name] would be Meer-a correct? babynamepedia said it a bit different (by the way, I clicked the pronunciations of [name]Irena[/name] vs [name]Irina[/name] and neither one is thrilling me- the weird pronunciation accents might be a problem though). I don’t trully love [name]Belle[/name] as a nn though. It’s too cutesy for even me, but I could grow to like it I’m sure. I think that’s why I might be favoring [name]Annabel[/name] a bit. The “bel” isn’t as complete there and you focus more on the [name]Anna[/name]. [name]Mira[/name]'s kinda cute though as a nn.

[name]Aurora[/name] - is out, I was just throwing it out there to say it’s a great match for [name]Gwendolen[/name] in my opinion. I just don’t like the way this name sounds when I say it!

[name]Gwendolen[/name] - DH likes [name]Gwen[/name] as a nn. I have to get used to it. I was immediately drawn to [name]Winnie[/name] or [name]Wendy[/name]. ([name]Wendy[/name] & [name]Belle[/name] is a bit [name]Peter[/name] [name]Pan[/name] and Beauty and the Beast!) He thinks [name]Gwen[/name] is just the more common nn and with such a long name, she’ll want a nn and it makes sense to have a more common, obvious one. We have [name]Penny[/name]- obvious nn. and [name]Carly[/name] - obvious to us, but [name]Scarlett[/name] doesn’t really have an obvious/natural nn so for “outsiders” they normally just call her [name]Scarlett[/name]. I don’t really see how this matters or causes confusion, but we didn’t really discuss it much further. (She goes by both names and is in no way shy to tell people what she prefers in that situation!)

I’m not jumping to any decisions yet though. I have time and I’m going to really try out the names this time.

Middle names?

[name]Mirabel[/name] is a spelling alternative if that helps?

Hey, Crunchy!

So, we’ve got [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name] together, and maybe [name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name] or [name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Mirabelle[/name]. You already know which is my favorite, so I’ll leave it at that.

As for [name]Mirabelle[/name], I just don’t think [name]Mirabel[/name] looks right, especially not with potential sisters in [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], and [name]Gwendolen[/name]. I agree with you that she is [name]Gwendolen[/name]'s perfect twin, and the four names really play off of one another beautifully. I’m saying the name the same way you are - ‘MEER-uh-belle,’ as in a meerkat. And, as Nameberry says, [name]Mira[/name] is pronounced the same way - ‘meer-a.’ I just love this name and its meaning so much! I agree with you that [name]Belle[/name] is a little cutesy, maybe too “pretty princess” for my taste, but [name]Mira[/name] just sounds fun and spunky, much like [name]Penny[/name] and [name]Carly[/name] do for me. Other nicknames are [name]Miri[/name] - this is actually a Hebrew version of [name]Miriam[/name]! - or even [name]Mimi[/name], but I like [name]Mira[/name] and [name]Miri[/name] best, myself.

And, I agree with your husband that [name]Gwen[/name] is the preferred nickname for [name]Gwendolen[/name], or maybe it is just my preferred nickname. [name]Wendy[/name] is cute, but it seems a little bit dated, even though [name]Wendy[/name] Darling is a great namesake, in my opinion. I definitely would not ever use [name]Wendy[/name] and [name]Belle[/name] together, even though I could actually see myself calling a daughter [name]Belle[/name]. The only [name]Gwendolyn[/name] - this spelling - I’ve ever known went by [name]Gwennie[/name] as a child, but has now transitioned into [name]Gwen[/name] since she’s a teenager.

Here are some middle name ideas:

[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Aster[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]*
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Calla[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Clover[/name]*
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Flora[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Jonquil[/name]*
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Pansy[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Poppy[/name]*
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Posey[/name]*
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

For [name]Gwendolen[/name], I’d go with something a little lighter, maybe a bit more cutesy and whimsical ([name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Clover[/name] and [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Jonquil[/name] don’t quite fit that soft description, but both are so cool I had to mark them!). I’ve marked my favorites!

[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Clover[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]*
[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Fern[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Hyacinth[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Jasmine[/name]*
[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Orchid[/name]*
[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Posey[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Violet[/name]*

For [name]Mirabelle[/name], I’d choose something a little more straitlaced, perhaps more classic and strong and striking. For example, [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Orchid[/name] - my total favorite! - is unexpected, unique, and elegant, yet it has a sense of strength to it that balances the frivolity of [name]Mirabelle[/name]. I like [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Jasmine[/name], but the princess thing with [name]Belle[/name] and [name]Jasmine[/name] might be too much. Again, I’ve marked my picks.

[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Fern[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Orchid[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Poppy[/name]*
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Tulip[/name]*

For [name]Annabel[/name], which is relatively tame compared to your other choices in my opinion, I’d choose something slightly unexpected and interesting, with a nice balance of sweet and sultry. For example, [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Tulip[/name] - my favorite of this set! - has a sense of whimsy and fun, yet it is elegant and streamlined. I’ve marked my picks!

So, I think if I was naming these babies, they’d be [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Orchid[/name], [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name] and [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] (I really like this because both names have a “bell” in them and both names have a literary character - [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Fairfax[/name] of ‘The Importance of Being [name]Earnest[/name]’ and [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name] in ‘The Great [name]Gatsby[/name].’), or [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Tulip[/name]. What do you think?

Yes! down to 3 options. We’re kinda at a stalemate between [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Mirabelle[/name]. I think we both feel most comfortable with [name]Gwendolen[/name] & [name]Annabel[/name] or [name]Mirabelle[/name] (gosh those names are quite similiar aren’t they? must be why we’re having trouble deciding) now, so it might even be 2 options. I feel good about it though.

Other things I’ve decided on over the course of the day – I don’t mind [name]Gwen[/name] as a nn (and given that your friend went by [name]Gwennie[/name] until her teens… I’ll probably end up calling her this, even if I’m the only one). I also really love [name]Mira[/name] as a nn.

I have one hurdle for [name]Mirabelle[/name]. If I choose it, this is my “elle” name. I won’t get to have an [name]Eleanor[/name] nn [name]Ella[/name] down the line. I think I’m ok with this. I like [name]Ella[/name], but it’s not the only thing I like. I feel like with [name]Annabel[/name], I might still have a chance to have a little [name]Ella[/name] (though some would argue [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], and [name]Eleanor[/name] are too much "el’ sounds together).

Without reading your post first, I made a list of all flowers I could think of off the top of my head while we were watching a movie this morning. I paired them and came up with a few favorites. We did match on a few!

*I like the poppy flower alot. I like the [name]Wizard[/name] of [name]Oz[/name] reference. I like the way it looks/sounds. I don’t like it for a girl’s name though. to me poppy is a name we might call a grandfather. So, for me, [name]Poppy[/name] is out.

I have to think about [name]Bluebell[/name]- I kinda like it! That is the national flower of [name]Scotland[/name] and our last name is Scottish. Not sure I could ever sell it to DH though.

[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Acacia[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Orchid[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Petunia[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Fuchsia[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Jasmine[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Bryony[/name]

[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Azalea[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Lotus[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Orchid[/name] (I like [name]Orchid[/name] w/ all 3!)
[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

Wow, this is so exciting! I think you’ve got great options, Crunchy!

I think both [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Mirabelle[/name] are beautiful names. However, for me, [name]Mirabelle[/name] takes the cake because I think it fits better with your girls’ names - it is more adventurous, more whimsical, and honestly a bit more fun. It’s the perfect quirky classic in my opinion, whereas [name]Annabel[/name] is all classic without the quirk, in my opinion. That doesn’t mean it isn’t a worthy option, though! I see your point about [name]Eleanor[/name] being ruled out if you use [name]Mirabelle[/name], and although I wouldn’t personally use [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Annabel[/name], and [name]Eleanor[/name] all together, I can see that [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name] would work well as sisters. Honestly, though, I see [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name] as sisters much more than I see either name as sisters to [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], and [name]Gwendolen[/name], but that could be a matter of personal opinion. I think [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Eleanor[/name] are both stunning classics, but they don’t have quite the same pizazz - in my opinion, granted - as your other names. I also feel strongly that if you are going to choose a “belle” name in this day and age - in the era of [name]Isabella[/name], that is - then you need to go bold, as in [name]Mirabelle[/name], [name]Christabel[/name], or [name]Arabella[/name], even. Again, it might just be me…

Your comments on [name]Poppy[/name] make complete sense to me. That’s out! I’m glad you’re intrigued by [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name], as I think it is such a fun and unexpected pairing - also, the [name]Scotland[/name] connection is too perfect! See what you can do with that one with your husband, yeah? Here are my favorites from your little lists:

[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Orchid[/name]

[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Orchid[/name] is so neat, but [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] is such a lovely, melodious combination. Is [name]Ivy[/name] too close to [name]Iris[/name], though? [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Aster[/name] is just a neat one, and [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Lilac[/name] is a nice, soft way to balance the two different name styles.

[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

I can’t really pick a favorite here, honestly - I don’t know if I’m in love with any, though I do like these. [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Violet[/name] has a beautiful sound, but I think it is almost too classic - the name needs a bit more spunky. [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] is one of my favorites, but I worry that it is too sweet and cutesy. So, yes, I’m undecided on this name…

[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Orchid[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

I love all of these, to be honest. [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Orchid[/name] is such a striking combination, but now I worry that it might be too much name - perhaps something a bit tamer would be better? [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] seems to answer that complaint, as does [name]Mirabelle[/name] [name]Violet[/name]. [name]Both[/name] feel very vintage classic to me, with [name]Daisy[/name] being slightly sweeter than [name]Violet[/name] - both are good options, but I think [name]Violet[/name] has a bit more substance to balance the feminine [name]Mirabelle[/name].

Okay, let me know what happens in the next day or so!

[name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] immediately jumped out at me. It is a beautiful combo and the flow is perfect.
I far prefer [name]Annabel[/name] with [name]Gwendolen[/name]. [name]Mirabelle[/name] is nice but it lacks that English vintage vibe that [name]Gwendolen[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name] have. I’m not sure if that makes any sense, but I think [name]Annabel[/name] is closer in style to [name]Gwendolen[/name].
I think a 2 syllable mn would work well, that way the flow remains the same. [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Rosa[/name] or [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] would both be nice. What are [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name]'s mns?

Makes complete sense! I think of [name]Annabel[/name] the same way. I think that’s how I found the name. I was looking for other Engish/Welsh/Scottish names.

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Rose[/name]