H”lio Castroneves

Former Dancing with the stars champ and his girlfriend had a baby girl,

Mikaella

no middle name was announced yet. Im interested to hear everyones comments cause, well yea it SOUNDS made to me. I didnt look up if it was a real name but i figured you could all tell me:)

I think it’s supposed to be [name]Michaela[/name] which, when spelled correctly, is lovely.

A new low among the many butchered spellings of the beautiful [name]Michaela[/name].

Is that what its supposed to be? The spelling REALLY threw me off!

[name]Mikael[/name] and [name]Mikaela[/name] are according to Behind the Names, Scandinavian variants of [name]Michael[/name]/[name]Michaela[/name]. Doesn’t say anything about the second L in Mikaella, but seriously, “a new low?” Maybe they arrived at a nearly legitimate spelling randomly, but I don’t see what the giant fuss is about. Many times an authentic variation is seen as some shocking yooneek alt-spelling, mostly because I think that’s why people like to misspell names - so they look like they might be foreign and a little more special than the Anglicized version. [name]How[/name] could you miss that was a variant of [name]Michaela[/name]? Keep in mind a lot of “ay” sounds respelled as “ae” are weird, but that happens to be how [name]Michaela[/name] is spelled, they just changed out CH for a K and added an L. Seems ok to me.

i “wasnt able” to get [name]Michaela[/name] out of Mikaella because of the -ella ending. I THOUGHT at first if was [name]Michaela[/name] and perhaps it is but the -ella ending makes it seem as though it should be Mi-kay (or kuh)-ella. Not Mi-kay-la. As for the “new low” thing i think that while that may seem mean to some, she should be allowed to her opinion without redicule. Some people really dislike what they believe are yoonek spellings. and they should be allowed to.

I didn’t think I was being rude, but sometimes ridiculing someone’s choice of spelling a name might be perceived as rude too, maybe that came on a little strong to me where I thought it was unnecessary. Maybe not, I can be too blunt sometimes when I’m in a hurry also. You had said you weren’t aware if this might be a legitimate name or made up so I looked it up and posted the info I could find. Chill out and have a happy and safe 2010. :slight_smile: