Hadassah Love vs. Hadassah Kanae

[name_f]My[/name_f] other girls are Amaré (Latin—to love And we pronounce [name_f]Amma[/name_f]-RAE) [name_f]Elyse[/name_f] and Sélah (SAY-lug) [name_f]Carys[/name_f]. Both have an “ay” ending and a name meaning love (first, then middle for second).

So we’re considering [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Haddie[/name_f]) for our next if it’s a girl (I’m too early to tell)… but the middle name is up in the air. I’ve leaned toward [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u] but recently fell in love with Kanae. It seems to have a Hawaiian meaning —beautiful one, while other places claim its Japanese for fragrant flower OR love, affection.

Any idea if it truly does mean love?

And any opinion on [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u] vs [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] Kanae

I think the nickname [name_f]Haddie[/name_f] for [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] is very sweet!

I think I prefer [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u]. [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] is such a unique name (to me anyway - I might be wrong!) and I find that [name_u]Love[/name_u] grounds it a little in a nice way.

[name_m]How[/name_m] is Kanae pronounced? That might sway my opinion. :grin:

Thanks! I accidentally reposted this and can’t figure out how to change that, but on my first thread a few days back, someone sent me a link about the Japanese pronunciation and how changing the [name_m]Kanji[/name_m] spelling can totally change it all. I have thought we might steer clear for this reason!

1 Like

[name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u] is gorgeous!

1 Like

I have to say that [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] [name_u]Love[/name_u] is breathtakingly beautiful. I love [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f]!

1 Like