Haddie

I met a Haddie the other day. Not short for anything, just a compromise between the dad wanting [name]Madison[/name] and the mom wanting [name]Hallie[/name]. What do you think? Besides [name]HArriet[/name] or [name]Hadley[/name] what could Haddie/[name]Hattie[/name] be short for?

I think it’s cute too. Reminds me of [name]Sadie[/name], a nicknamey-sounding name with no original name (well, [name]Sarah[/name]…). I like [name]Sadie[/name] too. Haddie sounds a little old-fashioned and that’s cool!

I really like the name [name]Hadley[/name] with the nn Haddie! :slight_smile:

I love the nn Haddie/[name]Hattie[/name] too but I don’t care for [name]Harriet[/name] and DH doesn’t like [name]Hadley[/name]. I would love to find an alternative though!

why does it have to be a nickname…I know two [name]Hattie[/name]'s. It’s just their name, not a nickname.
I think if you like a name, you just go with it.

I do like Haddie, not [name]Hattie[/name]. [name]Hattie[/name] reminds me of a little hat. I’m considering for our not yet born baby girl, but my DH is not a fan and neither are many nameberries. See my thread. I will say the name is surging in popularity. When I was naming my daughter three years ago, I didn’t hear a peep about this name. Frankly, I didn’t know it existed, but now I see it popping up again and again on baby site and naming boards. I’m okay with some more popularity…I’m just considered that I will have [name]Riley[/name], [name]Miley[/name] type popularity on my hands. I really like that it is not a made-up name that just sounds pretty. If only I could get others to forget the name and my husband to agree…